Search results for query: *

1. Sodakrep

Boy has his first tourney in two hours

My son who is now 10 tees off at 2:15 in his first competitive golf match this afternoon. I think I am more nervous than he is. Just hope he hits the ball solid and has fun. He asked me to be his caddy as well. It's a day full of firsts. I just have to remember to be his cheerleader and not...
  2. Sodakrep

FS: Ping G Iron Set red dot 2 weeks old

I have a set of 5-UW G's that are two weeks old. They fitted me with wrong specs and unfortunately didn't catch it quick enough. No returns of custom clubs [emoji849]. These sticks have seen 4 rounds and 3 range sessions. They are AWT 2.0 regular that were ordered 1/2" short but came in 1/4"...
  3. Sodakrep

Need some shaft suggestions for a 4 hybrid

Hello all, I purchased a Nickent 4/23 hybrid and bought the wrong type of shaft. It has the UST Sr2 regular flex shaft in it, to say the least there is a bit of lag. I figured I could just replace the shaft and have a good hitting hybrid but I don't know what kind of shaft to get. I am a...
  4. Sodakrep

Anyone playing or have played Ping G2 Irons?

Hey all, Just bought me a set of G2 irons with cs lite stiff flex to my door for $160. I had been hitting the G5's and liked them except for the price tag. I figure these will be better than my 845's plus I needed a stiff flex shaft anyways according to my pro. I guess whether you loved...
  5. Sodakrep

Stupid question but, How high to tee the ball?

I have always been told to tee the ball up half above the face of the driver. Is that true with the newer drivers? I was at the range with my new ft-9 and noticed that alot of the ball marks were low on the face. Is this a result of my swing or where I am teeing the ball at?
  6. Sodakrep

CG7 BP pictures

For those of you playing the BP's can you take some pictures of what the finish looks like after is starts to wear off? Is it similar to the oil quench?
  7. Sodakrep

Ogio Grom 2009 bag

Hey guys, I just bought a black/silver bag of the bay for $93. I am excited to get the bag. I looked at both in the stores and all I could see was the foot for the legs were different. Does anyone use this bag or have reviews for it?
  8. Sodakrep

Picked up some new DryJoys on the bay today!

Well I was looking for a deal on a new pair of shoes and found a set of new Dry Joys which are white with brown lizard print for $69. I didn't think I would find anything cheaper than that. Now I just have to wait for them to get here. I do believe that is the worst thing about Ebay is the...
  9. Sodakrep

Copper Irons, why?

I have been looking at some older irons lately and noticed that some of them mostly the pings were available in copper. I have searched and haven't found the answer. Are they a softer feel? If so, how do the grooves hold up being a softer metal, wouldn't they not last as long? Thanks for the...
  10. Sodakrep

WTB: Golf Shoes on the cheap

I am looking for a pair of Foot Joys 10.5 wide. I don't have a big budget at the moment so I was hoping that someone might be getting rid of a pair and instead of giving them to goodwill or going through the hassle of ebay. Would sell them to me cheap. Let me know. Thanks
  11. Sodakrep

She will kill me if she finds out... bought a new driver

Well, I had another impulse buy with very little justification. I bought a used Ft-9. I got it at a fair price, it cost me the same to buy it local as it would have through cally pre owned. I was hitting it very consistent on the simulator. I now need to see this snow melt so i can start...
  12. Sodakrep

Tried out some drivers today...

Well I have been on the lookout for a budget driver lately. I found myself at the local Austad's again and was looking to see if they had anything new on trade in. They did not but the worker said go back there and hit a few anyways. He handed me a Callaway FT9 10* stiff draw. I hit it...
  13. Sodakrep

Has anyone played the Cobra 460 SZ?

I know it's a couple of years old but I really like my fairway woods I just picked up and my dad is playing the cobra 380 ss but I haven't heard to many reviews on the 460 SZ.
  14. Sodakrep

How do you know what grooves you have?

I am sure if you have newer irons it would be fairly easy to find out what style of groove you have, but what about guys like me that are playing with older equipment. I am playing 845's and dad is playing Eye2's. I am looking at just regripping and sharpening the grooves but don't know what I...
  15. Sodakrep

Woo Hoo just picked up some fairway woods

Since joining this site I have become a closed club *****. I just picked up a set of 3 & 5 hyper SS Cobras for 24 bucks a piece. Now I know that these aren't brand new but I really hit these clubs well and thought for the price I might as well pick them up. Whoever owned these clubs before...
  16. Sodakrep

What should I do?

Here's the scenario. I currently play TA 845 Irons. I have had them for 13 or so years. I want to try something new. My buddy has a set of Callaway x-22 tours. He said he would sell them to me for 300-350 in the end of April. Now I typically would not have looked at tour irons but for...
  17. Sodakrep

Strong Right hand grip causing problem?

I will try to explain this the best I can... I am a right hand swinger... I consistently hit the ball off the toe of the club. I do believe my clubface is fairly square because the ball does have decent flight but it always starts off to the right. I think that on my down swing I bring my...
  18. Sodakrep

Got me a Nickent

I was at an All Sports store in Coralville Ia today and was looking at clubs and they had a 3dx 4/23 degree hybrid for $55. They did not have a place to hit it but if I don't like it, can't hit it or break the shaft they will give me cash or store credit for the amount. It seemed like a no...
  19. Sodakrep

John Daly Meltdown?

Did anybody watch John Daly post a horrible score yesterday. After the triple bogey I started to feel bad for him. He made some impressive puts for par, if he hadn't who knows how ugly it might have gotten. Hopefully it was a bad day if not, maybe he should give up some TV screen time for the...
  20. Sodakrep

Does anyone here sell things to the Military

I am curious as to where to start to try and sell the armed forces a product. I think you have to be approved or accepted but I don't know where to start to look for info. Thanks
Back