Search results for query: *

1. El Bandito

2016 summer cup - the event!

So - Here we are It is with mixed feelings that I post this, as I know that for some - these dates are not doable. I just could not get dates that were going to suit everyone. Also - availability was proving an issue with some venues. Ultimately - the cookie has crumbled as follows: Time...
  2. El Bandito

THP Summer Cup 2016

Well Hello THP. I've been away. This "tortured author" look takes a lot of practice you know... OK - so it's that time of year again. We discuss dates and venues for the annual 36 hole bash for the honour of putting the THP UK Summer Cup on your mantlepiece for a year. When we gonna play...
  3. El Bandito

UK Summer Cup 2015

The Hackers Paradise UK Summer Cup 2015 *Please note that this event is NOT a THP organised event - rather a get together between people, whom have been brought together by THP. Should anyone from the US of A wish to make the trip - I daresay we might be able to help you put together an...
  4. El Bandito

UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

THP UK Summer Cup Sunday July 6th - 'Late tee off' - 15:10 on the Mathern Course Sunday July 6th - Dinner Monday July 7th - Breakfast Monday July 7th - 'Early tee off' - 0852 on the Championship Course With a fair wind - all groups should be finished - scores totted up and prizes presented by...
  5. El Bandito

THP UK Summer Cup 2014

Hi there guys. As I am currently holding onto the Cup (astonishing!) and our mighty chief organiser 'MAV281 The Magnificent' is very busy preparing the house and the bank balance for the arrival of an additional mini-MAV - it has fallen to me to come up with an affordable, but fun event where I...
  6. El Bandito

Recommendations for the Riviera Maya?

Morning All! I am on the hunt for some advice on courses down Mexico way on the Riviera Maya. I found a couple of threads going back 5 years from Clairefromclare but nothing since. I am flying out on the 14th of January for two weeks of sun, relaxation and maybe the odd...
  7. El Bandito

UK - Tonic for the Winter Blues...

Morning UK THPers! How are we all? Winter is well and truly setting in, and sounds like rain, frost and all the joys of winter golf are with us all... Some of us (well me specifically) are lucky enough to play on free draining courses and have most of the winter on a full course...with maybe...
  8. El Bandito

Beware the Apple Pie!

At the weekend, I played in a fun competition at my home club. A kind of team event for the 'home' nations; England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. My play was not great, but the rain stayed away and it was fun. The club had laid on a buffet lunch for all competitors after the round. We ate as a...
  9. El Bandito

Ouch! Golf HURTS.

As some of the UK Hackers can testify, I have a swing entirely my own. In the last 3 years, I have progressed from 'danger to myself and others' to my best handicap of 18. I took a 'clinic' in Egypt of all places which got me going in the right direction. Thereafter, I did a fair amount of...
  10. El Bandito

Britain's Got Talent

Well...at least Hungary has! The shadow group came up with a real crowd pleaser... http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ESw-gcq6egk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DESw-gcq6egk
  11. El Bandito

The British and Irish Lions

Maybe something not that well known in the States, but today is the opening match of the Lions Tour. A touring Rugby team drawn from the four nations of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. The team are starting the the tour of Australia with a warm up match against another Rugby Institution...
  12. El Bandito

RoundersRob. A legend.

I have been delaying starting this thread in the hope that I could find the right words to express myself. Alas, no inspiration has come, so this may ramble a little. I posted a thread entitled 'where to tee it up in the USA in August?' In a nutshell, I am crossing the pond on business and will...
  13. El Bandito

Öijared. Golf in Sweden

A couple of weeks ago, I manage to get the chance to meet Almdudler, a fellow THPer at his home club near Gothenburg in Sweden. Www.oigk.se I was in town with a fellow THPer, The Dane, for a little business and we had schemed to get a little golf time into the schedule. Almdudler was already...
  14. El Bandito

Where to tee it up in the USA in August?

Hackers of Paradise! A UK based hacker needs your help. I am lucky enough to be coming to visit the mighty USA this coming August. I am coming on business to Dallas and Denver. Not necessarily in that order. My plan is to tack on a few leisure days to the trip where I can get myself onto a golf...
  15. El Bandito

Elea Estate Golf Course in Cyprus

Lucky, lucky boy that I am, I am getting to play this little beauty on Monday. Not long open, this is a Nick Faldo designed course on the sun-soaked island of Cyprus in the Mediterranean Sea. Fortunately for me, my Mum lives a 20 minute drive away. Somehow or other, when packing for a brief...
  16. El Bandito

UK THP Winter Cup – Full Report (Picture Heavy)

Mav281 squints in the blazing sun, as the first drive of the Cup sails off down the fairway... Well...kind of. ;)
  17. El Bandito

UK THP Winter Cup – Full Report (Picture Heavy)

A quick shot of the boys, (minus me on camera duty). Left to right. Mick 'The Professor', 'champ' Crag Rat, 'nearestthepin' DavidL, 'longball' Bully, 'longiron' Burgerbudge, 'redball' ianb281, 'sambuca' Mav281 and 'hitthebloodyball' TK.
  18. El Bandito

Calling all uk based thp hackers!

The 19th...... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  19. El Bandito

WITB: Photo Edition

Bad photography, nice bats
  20. El Bandito

Vimor Golf AD

http://vimeo.com/57764669 C'mon - who has been there?
Back