Search results for query: *

1. Miller Time

College Golf thread

I was posting in the other College Golf thread, but it looks like it's been archived. We had our first official team practice last night in our brand new indoor facility. We also have access to Harbor Club and Cuscowilla at Lake Oconee to practice on Wednesdays and Thursdays, which is something...
  2. Miller Time

Different shot shapes with different clubs

For me, I've started to rely on a pretty straight ball or a slight fade with my driver and 4H, but I normally see a straight or slight draw from my other clubs. I don't do it purposefully, but it seems to be the stock swing for me right now. Do you tend to hit different types of shots depending...
  3. Miller Time

FS: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5*

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5* Project X LZ Blue shaft, stiff flex Very good condition, IMO. Average condition on CPO is $200 before shipping, this one can be your's for $130 shipped.
  4. Miller Time

GIVEAWAY: $50 Srixon/Cleveland Golf Gift Card

Up for grabs is a $50 Srixon/Cleveland Golf Gift Card valid at shop.srixon.com or shop.clevelandgolf.com Rules Be a 2016 Albatross Club member Post in this thread that you want it Deadline is 12PM Wednesday, November 18th. Winner announced shortly after.
  5. Miller Time

FS: Callaway X2 Hot 3W, 3H, 4H stiff

Headcovers included. $60 shipped each or $160 shipped for the entire set. All are in good condition. No trades at this time. 3W - Adila Tour Blue Stiff Shaft 3H - Callaway X2 Hot Blue Hybrid Stiff shaft 4H - Callaway X2 Hot Blue Hybrid Stiff shaft
  6. Miller Time

Par 3 Greens: Shallow or Narrow?

When hitting into a par 3, what kind of green do you prefer: one that is shallow, but plenty of room to miss right or left or one that is really deep, but has trouble on the left and right? I prefer shallow with plenty of room to miss right or left. I feel like I can normally get a yardage...
  7. Miller Time

The "I hate this hole" Thread

Anyone have a hole at their local course that just annoys the hell out of them? Here's mine. #11 @ Little Fishing Creek Golf Course. I hate the design because I hit a draw and no matter what shot I hit I struggle to find the fairway and if I luck out and hit the fairway the green is tough to...
  8. Miller Time

Scorecards: Better format

Horizontal or vertical? The 2nd picture is the one I'm not a fan of. The clip always hides the name and I eventually forget who is in what order on the card. One local course I play has it in line with the clip holder in the cart like this: Another has it like this and I hate it:
  9. Miller Time

Who calls your best golf moment?

I'm sure most of us have done this in either our backyard or our living room. A putt to win The Masters or another important tourney or your all-time best round or shot. Which announcer calls your putt/shot? It can be any golf announcer or any other sports announcer.
  10. Miller Time

Tee Boxes for Life: Tips or Forward

Imagine a world where the middle tees didn't exist. You have two options: Tips that are way back and Forwards that are way up there. You can only choose one to game for the rest of your golfing life. What do you choose and why?
  11. Miller Time

FS: Callaway Aqua Dry stand bag

$140 shipped I've got two bags and one has to go in order to fund my trip to #TheGauntlet. This bag has only been used for a couple of months and it's been in storage the past couple of months since I got my Big Bertha stand bag. This bag has a 5-way divider, 6 waterproof pockets, non-slip...
  12. Miller Time

FS - Bridgestone J40 DPC Irons 5-PW/Aerotech i95

Bridgestone J40 DPC Irons 5-PW with Aerotech i95 Regular Flex shafts 1/2" Long/1* Upright NDMC Midsize grips $325 shipped No trades at this time. Absolutely love these irons, just trying to fund my trip to The Gauntlet. PW 9I 8I - rock in a fairway bunker caused the mark 7I 6I...
  13. Miller Time

2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

I know it'll pick up when the last two teams are selected, so I thought I'd get it started. I'll be flying into Midway around lunch on Friday and looking at a flight after 7pm on Sunday. Anyone else made plans already?
  14. Miller Time

Callaway Chrome Speed

I just got an email from a website wanting to sell me a pair of Ashworth shoes and they would throw in a free dozen of Callaway Chrome Speed balls. From the description, they're a 4-piece design that's a step up from the Chrome Soft. This is the first I'm hearing of the Chrome Speed. Anybody...
  15. Miller Time

Giveaway: $40 Cleveland/Srixon Golf Gift Card

Up for grabs is a $40 gift card to Cleveland/Srixon Golf. Just post in this thread and say you'd like to win it to enter. Deadline to enter is tomorrow (Wednesday 6/17) at 12PM and I'll draw a name out of a hat and announce the winner and PM the gift card information. Good luck! ***Albatross...
  16. Miller Time

Driver Help

Freddie, driver's always been a hit or miss part of my game, but lately I've been hitting it pretty well. I've noticed when I struggle most is when I stand up straight and don't get in a good position by bending my knees a little more. Working on my grip and bending my knees a little more have...
  17. Miller Time

Golf Podcasts

Anyone else enjoy listening to podcasts throughout their day? I have a few that I subscribe to, but I was wondering if there are any golf-related podcasts you subscribe to? I just subscribed to THP Radio on iTunes, so I'm looking forward to the next episode!
  18. Miller Time

FS: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Tour Grind 52/56/60

For Sale: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges 52/56/60 NDMC Grips w/4 wraps True Temper DG Wedge flex shafts I bought them last month from CPO 'Like New' and they came in the wrapper for right around $100 each. I used them for about four rounds total. $240 for the set shipped. Really would...
  19. Miller Time

Topgolf - Alpharetta, GA

I saw threads for other locations, so I thought I'd post a review of my first visit to the Alpharetta location and hopefully this could serve as a thread where THPers can set up gatherings here from time to time. My old roommate and I got there at about 6PM on a Saturday, so we were expecting a...
  20. Miller Time

Pembroke, NC 3/7 - 3/8

Any NC THPers have any course recommendations for that area? I'm gonna be up at a basketball tourney this weekend and would like to maybe get a round in. If you're free and want to tee it up with me, let me know!
Back