Search results for query: *

1. boston blackie

What would you do?

If you showed up for your tee time and found out the guy you are paired with is wearing a MAGA hat?
  2. boston blackie

3 common types of golf grips

I developed arthritis in my hands and shoulders earlier this year. My left hand more so than my right hand. I am a righty. Believing my golf career was over, I did some experimenting with oversize grips. Then started working on how I held the club (grip). I tried the overlap, the interlock...
  3. boston blackie

for golf historians

Lately I've been contemplating and wondering how the institution of the wearing of just one glove in golf came about. It doesn't seem intuitive since both hands grip the club equally in the golf swing. It would seem that either two gloves, or no glove would make sense. So how, or when did...
  4. boston blackie

question for anyone traveling I-95 from florida to the northeast

My relatives are traveling from Florida to Mass. on I-95 this week. They are senior citizens. I am wondering if conveniences such as rest stops, restaurants, hotels, etc. are still readily available along the way. Surely many snowbirds will be traveling north this week and I can not find...
  5. boston blackie

New England Members

If you play alone and follow guidelines - OK. But, golf is a social sport. I am staying home until this is over even though I have paid membership in two courses. In the past, I have made statements that "if you can't play golf you may as well be dead" stupid I know. At this time I believe...
  6. boston blackie

Golf Lingo - Love/Hate

For me, it the forum jingo. Phrases such as - "I pulled the trigger on this", or " I'm gaming that", etc..
  7. boston blackie

Favorite movie few people have heard of

"Swingers" Great movie - made some careers.
  8. boston blackie

XXIO X driver

I had a driver fitting yesterday. With my 75ish swing speed the fitter had me try this club out. The $650 price was a shock, but I would like to try it out on the course. He told me about the offer on the xxiousa.com web page.They offer a 14 day tryout with free shipping to and fro for a $30...
  9. boston blackie

Brooks Koepka, "I don't get no respect"

Anyway, something like that. Why not? They give many reasons, heres mine. I think, and I mean no disrespect , it is his name. For the longest time I thought he was from the EU not that it should matter, but it's the ambiguity of it. He needs a nickname. How about Keppy - Keppy Koepka, what...
  10. boston blackie

Ryder Cup question

Do the pros receive any pay for their Ryder Cup appearance?
  11. boston blackie

Top Three Crime/Drama Series

We've all got our faves. Here are mine. Not in this order: The Wire The Sopranos Peaky Blinders
  12. boston blackie

great shot - thanks

Do you thank a playing partner when you receive a complement after a shot or a put? If you do not receive a thank you after you complement a shot do you think any less of the person? I ask because I don't always give a thanks, just accept the complement and go on.
  13. boston blackie

LGBT Golfers

Are there many of them out there? LGBT seems to be a new gender class enjoying a lot of recognition today - so I'm wondering if golf courses could improve earnings by forming leagues and tournaments with LGBTs in mind. We have men's leagues, ladies leagues, how about an LGBT league? Hmmm -...
  14. boston blackie

SuperStroke putter tube

I got mine direct from Superstroke when I ordered my grip. I think it was around $10. I have it mounted on my Sun Mountain 3.5 stand bag, and find it to be excellent. I have the Slim - Lite grip. Because my putter has a standard 34" shaft, I found that stuffing some paper at the bottom of...
Back