Search results for query: *

1. RayG

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

We have been taking our Buddy trip for a few years, and we will play 3 days, 18 a day. Drive (I drive) down to OC Thursday morning, play in the afternoon, play Friday, Saturday and leave early Sunday AM to beat the traffic back to NY. There's always rumblings about "lets make it four days, or...
  2. RayG

How to prevent standing up/lean back

Granted- when you see the Pros and at impact, their heads are behind the ball- you might be taking that to an extreme. In your case it seems like your whole body is behind the ball. They have their hips even with or ahead of the ball at impact. So, yes- keep the head back, but not UP...
  3. RayG

How to prevent standing up/lean back

Put a strap around your head and then tie that to your belt buckle with a bungee cord or something! THAT should encourage a steady head and encourage that 'around, not up' mentality. You want that sense of COIL in your body to release that potential energy. Once you get the 'FEELING' of going...
  4. RayG

Do You Trust Sponsored Reviewers?

To be honest, I don't take ANY reviews that seriously. Sponsored or not. Someone who can hit fairways 75% of the time and go 290 is going to hit ANY club differently that I am. And that could be a box set from Target or a $1200 set of Ping Blueprints. What they say in regards to performance has...
  5. RayG

Are Gas Pumps Slower now?

I find that it varies on different days. Some days, the station I use most often is like a gusher, and others it's like being filled with a thimble full at a time. But I think overall, they ARE a bit slower than they used to be. It's possible it's due to the modern fuel systems. Filler tubes are...
  6. RayG

Wasting Time?

I can see the reviews now: "Three stars, He/She wouldn't listen to my suggestions on how they should be teaching. Ignored my repeated attempts to show YouTube videos of what I already know would work for me..."
  7. RayG

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

not sure if this will really get any views since it's been a few days, but... Do you think that "Tiger Proofing" Augusta has diminished the back nine on Sunday? In the past you could sense something would happen on 13 and 15. Reachable by just about anyone who didn't go in the trees or...
  8. RayG

CONTEST Win a Bridgestone Georgia Spring Break Capsule

Gotta go with the Ball Marker, since it is not something you would normally see.
  9. RayG

Wasting Time?

If you were a PGA Teaching Pro, would it drive you nuts if a client shows up and goes on endlessly about ‘Tips’ he’s found on YouTube? And then, proceed to bring those videos up on the phone for you to see? You are paying at least 100 an hour for HIS knowledge and take 20 minutes of your time...
  10. RayG

Downswing Advice

All kinds of possible solutions. Many years ago, I came across this- JUST before you get to the top of your backswing, flick your left knee toward the target. It might have been around the time that the "X-Factor" was a thing. (Not the show, but creating as much coil as possible) Creates that...
  11. RayG

Invented a Cocktail?

True- and yes, there were things like "Bug Juice" out there that was HI-C (Grape) and Vodka... But that wasn't so much a cocktail as it was something you made in a garbage pail during house parties. Another popular pastime was "Mr. Boston Roulette". Stick your finger in while flipping pages...
  12. RayG

Is it wrong to wear (golf) merch if you’ve never been there?

If I get it as a gift, why not? Who hasn't gotten a hat from St. Andrews? or maybe The Masters?
  13. RayG

Invented a Cocktail?

Have you ever? I never even paid attention that this section was here! I had some 'free time' here in the cubicle and noticed it and came in. Simple question- have you ever invented a Cocktail? Not some random concoction that nobody liked... like mixing Blue Curacao and Green Chartreuse for...
  14. RayG

Remembering Dad

After my Dad passed, I was given a ball signed by a couple of his buddies. I told them I would take it to his nemesis hole on one of the courses we played often and put it where he normally ended up... Finally got to play it with a couple of my Buddies- 11th hole, Par 3, elevated tee about 130...
  15. RayG

When did The Masters become THE major?

The fact that it is the FIRST major of the year, which gets people going, along with the 'unobtanium' aspect, makes it a bit special. But- if you ask someone from the UK, it's The Open that is THE major. But for the US, it was when, in 2002, TV finally got the 18 hole coverage they wanted. And...
  16. RayG

Complete "Complete Relief"?

Right... The other option is find a course with no OB or abnormal conditions...
  17. RayG

Ah- okay.. I see what you're saying. But- you could take an 'unplayable' which allows 3 choices. re-hit from last position, a drop along the line of play, no closer to the hole (so if the path diverges towards the left in the illustration, there might be room to get complete relief along that...
  18. RayG

But if the rule states "Complete Relief". then that would also imply that you shouldn't have to drop into OB. Without the "No closer to the hole" bit, "nearest complete relief" means that left side is fine. I think... maybe... kinda. Of course, most casual guys would just drop in a spot that's...
  19. RayG

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I have a toss-up between Scotty Scheffler and Cameron Young based on proximity metrics. But I will go against the obvious and go with Cameron Young.
  20. RayG

Home Pest Control DIY

Get a puffer bottle and use Diatomaceous earth. It will desiccate and kill many kinds of insects. Ants, roaches, bedbugs, etc… don’t need a lot. For termites put it along the join between foundation and sills, especially near any possible cracks
Back