Search results for query: *

1. RayG

Wasting Time?

If you were a PGA Teaching Pro, would it drive you nuts if a client shows up and goes on endlessly about ‘Tips’ he’s found on YouTube? And then, proceed to bring those videos up on the phone for you to see? You are paying at least 100 an hour for HIS knowledge and take 20 minutes of your time...
  2. RayG

Invented a Cocktail?

Have you ever? I never even paid attention that this section was here! I had some 'free time' here in the cubicle and noticed it and came in. Simple question- have you ever invented a Cocktail? Not some random concoction that nobody liked... like mixing Blue Curacao and Green Chartreuse for...
  3. RayG

How would feel...

... being behind these guys? From a 'Mygolfspy' Post. NOBODY should be posting more than a 10, double par, tops. I think hdcp's don't even count those. And a FOURTEEN on a Par 3?
  4. RayG

Okay, fess up... was it you?

https://nypost.com/2024/02/22/lifestyle/man-slammed-after-unwittingly-attempting-to-correct-pro-female-golfers-swing-excuse-me/
  5. RayG

Shock news out of Formula 1...

Not sure how many follow the sport, but yesterday brought a real bombshell when Lewis Hamilton signed to drive for Ferrari in 2025. Some figure that after a couple of years on the down turn at Mercedes and with Ferrari showing signs of improvement, he is jumping ship. Even though, as the 2024...
  6. RayG

Middle much?

Well, haven’t done THAT for awhile. Sneak in a bit of a midweek range session and just let it go without cleaning the face. I think I got tee height dialed in. But wouldn’t you know it, right after I took the pic, I SO nailed a low heel cut it stung.
  7. RayG

NOT the Cooties!!!

Well- in the past 3 years, I have tested positive for the Covid 3 times. Absolutely NO symptoms at all. Just had to do the usual protocols, blah, blah… So, what does me in? A family function rampant with snotty, runny nosed rugrats crawling around every where. Started as a minor cold and...
  8. RayG

A new one on me…

Hmmm, that doesn’t look right… you would think 30 year old steel would hold up better😛 Granted, I can sometimes be a bit ‘abrupt’ in transition, but yeesh. And yes, it snapped at transition, NOT impact. These are early 90’s Hogan Ft. Worth GS Edges- PW in particular. Original Hogan shafts...
  9. RayG

CPO strikes again.

More courses need to do something. I played the former Trump Ferry Point yesterday (now Bally's). They finished their aeration about 2 weeks ago and said that CPO would end on the 15th. I come over the bridge and not a cart in sight on fairways... While it CAN be a walkable course, it isn't a...
  10. RayG

Whew...

Some of you may know, but most do not. Trump Organization has relinquished it's ownership of the Ferry Point Links in the Bronx, NY. As of the last couple of days it is now under the ownership of Bally's. It is now "Bally's Golf Links at Ferry Point". Still is a NYC Resident course, though, so...
  11. RayG

"... AND, We'll pay your taxes!!!..."

For some reason, this popped into my head this morning. I'm sure we've all seen/heard posts about contests where "You can win this 2023 C8 ZR1 Corvette, PLUS money for taxes!!!". Usually, it's something to do with the Omaze thing. Now- IF you win a $200,000 car, and say $30K to 'pay the...
  12. RayG

So now you know…

Golf Ball Paradox… explained.
  13. RayG

"That" Range Guy

Every range seems to have one. Spends hours hitting 10 balls, stopping for a coffee and a chat with whoever, then another 10 balls, another break to wander around. Always has advice, whether asked for or not. I have 'tolerated' him for a few years now, and have already put the kibosh on the...
  14. RayG

Faucet Cartridge... (about as random as you get, I guess)

Okay- maybe there's a Plumbing Guru out there who can give some insight. Here's the story- Several years ago, we needed to have the old 2 handle bath/shower faucet replaced along with a redo of the bathroom in our apartment. (Pre-War, 1930). They replaced the old 2 handle with a Single Lever...
  15. RayG

What conditions suit you?

Okay- after my seriously claggy and wet conditions on our recent trip, I was thinking about something... What would you prefer to play on? A bit more 'perch' with less rollout in fairways, but look like a perfect Instagram photo? Shorter grass with moderate roll sacrificing some yards? Burn...
  16. RayG

Middle doesn’t always…

… mean straight for me. Except on the range this AM they were going where I was aiming. A grouping of 5. A little tweak here, a little tweak there…
  17. RayG

Shark Encounter…

So- golfers have Alligators, but surfers have… (from my FB post) Well, that’s a first… a beautiful morning with sunshine, no wind, nice little waves getting better with the dropping tide, pods of Dolphins swimming by within a few yards. Nobody else out on this particular bar… Until… after the...
  18. RayG

CPO on a buddy trip is a killer...

Last Thursday we arrived in Ocean City, MD for our little Buddy trip. 3 days, 3 rounds at Man O' War, Rum Pointe and Lighthouse Sound. But if you told us we would be able to get in 52 of 54 holes, I'd have thought you were absolutely nuts. But, as it is- course open, we play, course closed, we...
  19. RayG

What were they thinking?

For those of you who played this weekend, did your course use American Flags on the pins? And if they did, was any method provided to NOT have the flag on the ground while putting? Maybe a stand, or a ring on the pin to keep the flag above the ground? I noticed on the first hole and mentioned...
  20. RayG

Thank goodness for my putter…

My game is absolutely sh1t at the moment. And has been steadily going downhill since I started to actually care a little bit. Out of the 80+ shots (stopped caring after 4th hole), there were 3 that kind of did something right. 1st and 2nd drive, and a 9 iron on 16. And THAT was to get on the...
Back