Search results for query: *

1. DocTrussell

What to do first, lessons or fitting?

As the title says, which would be the first to do lessons or a fitting? I can see validity in either first. Get lessons to engrain the swing then fit clubs to that. On the other hand, get a proper fitting first might aid during the lessons. I am finally in a place that I can do both, and...
  2. DocTrussell

Hello (again) from Oklahoma

Been a while since I have been around (about 5 years or so) but but glad to be here again. Life got in the way and put most everything on hold, but should have my "play" time back. We ended up in the Native American (Kickapoo tribe) foster system and within a month our household size grew from...
  3. DocTrussell

Places to eat in Nashville, TN

The wife and I are headed to Nashville for a conference and would like to know where to eat while there. Will be there for 4 days (driving in tonight) downtown. Sadly, all business trip which means no golf (except putter fitting at SeeMore in the morning). Where would you guys recommend, and...
  4. DocTrussell

SeeMore studio experience

I am going to SeeMore HQ tomorrow for a studio session to gain some knowledge and get a fitting. Will post updates, maybe during but definitely after. Anybody that has gone through the studio session, is there anything I should be looking for? Any questions that I should ask (any question that...
  5. DocTrussell

Teaching the game to a youngster

Mods: if this is not in the right area please move. Like the title implies, I am wondering the best way to properly teach a kid (my 7 years old son) the game. My concern is that I don't want him to struggle with a poor self taught swing (or non taught) down the road. I have actually never had...
  6. DocTrussell

Where would you play your last round?

I have seen some bucket list threads and such, but I wanted to see it with a little twist. Here is the scenario: you can only play one more round in your life, where would it be? Where would you like to play your last round ever? my choice would be the old course at St Andrews just for...
  7. DocTrussell

First Birdie ever!!!

Played 9 late this afternoon with my seven year old son manning the rangefinder and GPS and got the first birdie of my life!!! A few holes later made the second birdie of my life!! Don't know which one of us was more excited, after the second one he was running up to me for a high five as it hit...
  8. DocTrussell

Linksman push carts

Does anybody use a linksman brand push cart? I am looking at walking this year (have not routinely walked in several years) for better health aspects, but mostly because I try to be frugal (really I am just cheap at times, just frugal sounds better!). I have read many of the reviews on the...
  9. DocTrussell

Shout out to afwcardinal

Just want to put a little spotlight on another person/reason THP is so great. I got into the Adams event in Dallas and a lot of the guys were getting vouchers (great deal BTW) to play a round on Friday before. When I went to get one, it would not take my Amex. I put that out there (not taking...
  10. DocTrussell

Golf in Portland area

I am getting the pleasure of a business trip in June or July to Portland, OR and have 1 full day off and maybe an evening or two and wanted to get in a few rounds while I was there. I have been looking at a few courses around the area and would like some input on these, or if anybody knows of...
  11. DocTrussell

Mulligan Tour

Has anybody heard of this tour? I was in Golf USA today and saw a little brochure on it. Looks to be more of a friendly atmosphere with a little competition. Just wondered if anybody had any personal experience.
  12. DocTrussell

First time to put my hands on a SeeMore

I went by Golf Galaxy this evening and they had about 8 (I did not count was just in awe of the putters) different models. The SB1 was not there which I think I would like (mallet with long alignment line). I tried the Si3, Si5, and Big FGP. I adjusted my stroke a little for a few minutes to...
  13. DocTrussell

Fitting/lesson questions (I now know why all my shots go right, sort of)

Let me start off by saying, up until a few years ago I was a true hack (I think the first full round I kept score on was last year and have been playing off and on for over 25 years). I had a set of ping knock offs made for me with static measurements my senior year of high school (1993) that I...
  14. DocTrussell

Checking in from central OKlahoma

Hello members I am just getting back to playing (been out for several years) and while doing some research online for some reviews (looking to replace the sticks I have hadfor 20+ years) I kept coming across this site for reviews. After looking around for a bit I thought this is a community I...
Back