Search results for query: *

1. RedRum

Help me build a home driving range - grass, no silly mat

What's up ya'll. I have been a member of this forum for years, but have not been active as of late. Have been playing, but not posting. Still pop on and read reviews, and some of the awesome things this site has grown into. Congrats JB, I always respect someone who takes a passion, and...
  2. RedRum

Help With Srixon Z-Star Driver...

Hello, I know that I have not posted much, but have been lurking on this site for years now. I would love to make a THP outing, but live in Cali, and funds are low. My question is, I am picking up a Srixon Z-Star driver off a friend for cheap, but he lost the tool for it. Anybody have advice...
  3. RedRum

New Guy from NorCal

Just wanted to say hello. I live in NorCal, the Sacramento area. I have been playing once a week for the last 6 months, but am no where near where I think I should be with my game. I wish I was rich so I could just break my clubs after a bad shot. haha My golf knowledge is limited, so don't...
  4. RedRum

Golf Digest Obsolete list... Irons

I get a couple golf magazines for free every month, must have been from something I signed up for, and this month they featured and opsolete list of clubs. To my suprise, my irons were in the empty battery cattegory!! (they state as belonging in a golf museum) I have been looking at new...
  5. RedRum

My new Club... with pics

So I know it was not a wise choice, but I purchased a new j38 3 wood without ever hitting one... without even reading many reviews. I will let you all know what I think of it after a few range sessions, and a round or two. I can tell you that it is a beautiful club.
  6. RedRum

Bridgestone j38 fairways.... Comments?

I am thinking about replacing my 3 wood this summer, and was looking at the Bridgestone j38's. Has anybody hit these? This is one club that no one around here carries. Oh, and JB, how is the motore shaft? And does it play stiff or loose to flex. I am right in between regular and stiff, some...
  7. RedRum

Iron and shaft advice.. Bridgestone j36.

Hi all, I went to my local golf shop today, and they have a set of combo j36 irons there. The 3-5pocket cavity 6-8 split and 8,pw blade. Poject X 6.0 shafts My question is about the fit of these irons for my game. I usually shoot in the 80's, with a driver swing speed about 90. I hit my...
  8. RedRum

F.S. Nike STR-8 Driver. 9.5*

I have a Nike Str-8 fit driver I am going to sell. Thought I would give the forum the first opportunity. I bought it brand new, and used it at the range 4 or 5 times, and for two rounds on the course. Just couldnt quite get the feel for it. It comes with the wrench, but NO HEADCOVER. Avix...
  9. RedRum

New Wedge... Wanted to share!!

Man... This thing looks so pretty, Im not sure if I can hit it!! Might shed a tear on the first swing. haha
  10. RedRum

Hybrids... Try them all!!

I just wanted to give a breif summary of my hybrid experience. From day one, I have not been able to hit them. For some reason they do not agree with my swing. I have a Callaway FT-3 20* which I purchased on E-bay for cheap, and hit it maybe as far as my 6iron. I am by no means a good...
  11. RedRum

B330 RXS review to come. About the tester...

Mail man just dropped off a new sleeve of B330 RXS courtesy of THP! I will have my full review up by monday at the latest. Just to give you an idea about this tester, so you can relate any information as it applies to your game. Drives usually 220-260. I know, pretty inconsistent. 8 iron 140...
  12. RedRum

Contact spot with irons

I have noticed that I mainly strike my irons and wedges on the toe side of the face. [Toe] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [Heel] If this is the club above, mainly around the 2.5 or so. It is a bit off center, and was wondering if this can be fixed by adjusting my clubs? Weight, lenght, lie? Or if I need to...
  13. RedRum

Groove Sharpener.... Any new ones?

I read the reviews of them on here, and they are a HUGE help. Prolly would have wasted money on the bad ones first... my luck. haha. Just wondering if there are any new models, companies putting them out, or advances in this area. If not, im looking at the groove sharpener. Thanks in advance...
  14. RedRum

New Member... Driver Problem... As in purchasing

I am a new member, introduced myself breifly in the intro area, and would like to admit my Driver addiction. Wow, that felt good to say. haha I just started playing golf for real about 2 1/2 years ago, and have gone through a store full of drivers. I have stuck with my irons, Cleveland ta5...
  15. RedRum

La Quinta, CA Course help!!

I am considering going to the palm springs area near the end of April, and would very much like advice on courses in the area. The La Quinta area looks like it has some very nice courses. I have never played in the area, and would love any input, positive or negative. Also, I am on a tight...
  16. RedRum

New guy... and a question.

Like many others, I have been reading over this site for a couple weeks, and it seems this forum is one of the best around. Excited to learn!! One question, how do you list clubs at the bottom of your posts? I would like to include mine, but cannot figure it out. Thank you.
Back