Search results for query: *

1. Maddog701

Random Pic of you golf outing this year!

Let the pics tell the story! Just post pics of THP'ers, good shots, bad shots, buddies, things that you have seen on the course in 2017!
  2. Maddog701

Maddog701 is Back

Greetings everyone. It has been a while since I have been active in here. Work has been crazy this summer, not a lot of golf or "me" time when you work so much overtime! that is starting to change. I have not played much golf this summer, once a week with Six4three5 in a league and maybe 10 more...
  3. Maddog701

To Customize or not to Customize?

I have been thinking about customizing my new Steelhead Irons Callaway and MD 3 wedges. Not much, just maybe some paint fill to give them a little personality. Six4three5 would do the job for me. He has done his own clubs and they have turned out great! He does a real nice job with the...
  4. Maddog701

WITB Maddog701

Posting pics of my bag.
  5. Maddog701

Post round routine?

I know most of us have pre round routines, just wondering if anyone has a post round routine? If I have a bad round putting I may hit the practice green for 15-30 minutes after a round but other than that I do not have a post pound routine.
  6. Maddog701

Coke or Pepsi ?

You only have 2 choices, Coke or Pepsi ? Pepsi for me!
  7. Maddog701

Wind ,which direction gives you the most trouble?

I played in windy conditions recently, for me it seems a tailwind gives me the most trouble when trying to play the wind. Just curious to see what everyone has trouble with. Headwind Tailwind Crosswind Looking forward to hearing the most problematic wind direction
  8. Maddog701

How many of us play golf because of Arnold "The King" Palmer?

My grandfather starting teaching me golf at the age of 11 in 1971. Arnold Palmer was his favorite golfer. I don't remember to much of the conversations we had but I do remember my Grandfather telling me he played golf because Arnold Palmer made it look easy on TV, so my Grandfather decided to...
  9. Maddog701

Best heckle you have heard on the course!

Some heckles come from the public, some come from opponents, some may even come from your partner. Two of the best I have heard in a long time came while playing this year. First one, six4three5 was standing over a ten footer while playing with Shankasouras,asmith61, and myself. We were about...
  10. Maddog701

Limited time, what would you choose?

You only have 15 minutes to warm up, you can either hit a few balls on the range or hit the practice green to putt. What would you choose? I am interested is seeing the results. I would hit the practice green for my warm up.
  11. Maddog701

2nd Edition of "Are You that Range Guy"?

I will be posting a pic of "That Guy" I saw on the range today, please feel free to post any and all comments, or even a posting stating something he might be thinking.....lol
  12. Maddog701

Win a "Folds of Honor" coin!

Simple way to collect a "Folds of Honor" coin. I have a few extra that I am willing to share! Here are the rules, I will be posting a pic of myself and six4three5 from our league tonight. All you need to do is vote for who you believe has the more stylish outfit! The voting will end Sunday...
  13. Maddog701

Are you "that" range guy?

Was at the range yesterday, not many people there, a guy comes up 2 stalls away from, he had choice of 15 or so stalls. after he warms up a little he starts to take full shots. At this point I don't' even notice him. After his 3rd or 4th shot I hear what sounds like a weight lifters grunt. At...
  14. Maddog701

mikeg_74 A true Gentleman Indeed!

Received a nice little package yesterday form mikeg_74 welcoming me to the GRANDDADDY fraternity. This just reinforces what type of people are here at THP! this place is a true community of good golfers and great people, mikeg_74 is one of these people! (pic to follow)
  15. Maddog701

Still Can't Beleive It!

It is still hard to believe that I will be representing THP in the 2016 Granddaddy!!! It has been 5 days and I am still excited as the first day I found out! The support here at THP has been fantastic, thanks to all that have reached out to congratulated me and offered their support. Also thanks...
  16. Maddog701

T2GRN18...Just Good People

Like the title says, T2GRN18 is good people, a true reflection of a gentleman, a golfer, a good buddy! My wife told me I had a package delivered, I was not expecting anything, have not ordered anything lately. When I open the box there were 2 brand new Puma/THP 1/4 zip pullovers, one red, one...
  17. Maddog701

Distance Challenge!

I have been thinking of posting this for awhile now. I am going to challenge players to test themselves on the course regarding shot distance. On more than a few occasions while playing with six4three5 I have come with in a yard or been right on the number using my eye when he was using his...
  18. Maddog701

What movies suck you in?

Some might be your favorite movies that you have seen several times or some are just movies you have to watch. My short list is as follows with a quote. Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is failure to communicate" Caddy Shack " I don't think the heavy stuff is going to come down for quite...
  19. Maddog701

How much does your carry/stand bag weigh?

six4three5 and I were talking the other day about carry vs pull cart. It got me thinking just how much my Callaway 4.5 hyper light bag weighs ? I have my standard gear loaded with 14 clubs. I was guessing 18 pounds. I put it on the scale and was a little surprised. Total weight is 23 pounds...
  20. Maddog701

Do you have a saying to keep you focused?

I have found a new saying to help me control my swing. I now say to myself at address, "smooth is fast". It has helped me focus on staying smooth and keeping my swing from getting to quick. It has work, just last night six4three5 said I swinging the smoothest he has seen all year. Looking...
Back