Search results for query: *

1. mikeg_74

How consistent are your golf balls?

I have not been on a launch monitor with my golf balls. For the last few years its been the Callaway CSX and they have been pretty consistent based on the courses I play regularly and the yardages I see off the tee and with approach shots. Spin, carry and overall performance has been as...
  2. mikeg_74

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Got it. My issues are with the turf interaction. I love the shafts (DART Recoil 105) and they have stopped me from the ugly pull hook with a lazy or quick swing. Now I feel the head through the swing, but at impact if I am not picking it or close to taking no divot, the club just wants to stop...
  3. mikeg_74

Genius or Not Cool?

not cool, especially if I was watching cartoons.
  4. mikeg_74

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

I'm curious how you do. You are describing exactly what I was experiencing. I am not giving up yet, but the doubt has creeped in for sure.
  5. mikeg_74

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I turn 50 this year and it's something my wife and I have been actively thinking about. I am not sure what that magic number is but I am getting close. In an ideal world both my daughters head off to college and play soccer, we find a spot between both of them, provide some security for them...
  6. mikeg_74

Best Road Trip Snack?

Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets Beef Jerkey Gumy Bears Sunflower Seeds
  7. mikeg_74

How does you salary look compared to this?

It just goes to show how much of a generational run he is on and how much money THERE IS in the pro game. They will never be like the other major sports, but they don't put their bodies through that gauntlet each season either. Good for him and i clearly chose poorly when I decided what I...
  8. mikeg_74

The Official Banter Away Thread

I really hope you find some relief and get this under control. Hopefully its just the inflammation/infection and nothing more serious. Keeping you in our thoughts.
  9. mikeg_74

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Oh how I wish I had an iron game so I could jump in. These look really good and all the initial details are checking a lot of boxes for me. Good luck to those who enter.
  10. mikeg_74

Do/did you tip your fitter?

Don't use them so no.
  11. mikeg_74

I get it and there is the thought of "you chose this job knowing the wage" but as a person who bartended through college, I appreciate the service industry and I have a soft spot for them but I will not reward crappy service also
  12. mikeg_74

What’s The Next Step?

For me it's to clean up my iron game. I am giving myself a lot of chances to score with my tee game that I am pissing it away too much with poor iron play. I need that fixed and just need to figure out the best way to do it with my schedule.
  13. mikeg_74

Hardest transition to make going from indoors to outdoors.

I'm the opposite. Indoors I feel like I have no room and I am cramped. I swing horribly and cant focus. Outside I find my line, focus on a couple of feet in front of my ball and align to that.
  14. mikeg_74

I never once thought to tip my fitter. To me when I am thinking about tipping it's to offset a service where the individual is earning a low hourly wage or is on some sort of gig job. I assume (wrong or right) a club fitter is being paid a decent wage regardless of the fitting or the experience.
  15. mikeg_74

2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

I somehow missed this news....I know they won't say much to protect the potential victims, but this isn't ideal at all.
  16. mikeg_74

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

it's a good discussion and I am a believer in fittings for all levels. A player has to decide how much they are going to invest to get better. If they just want to play occasionally then a fitting adjusting lies and maximizing carry is ideal imo. If they want to get a baseline and then get after...
  17. mikeg_74

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

let's assume the player has a miss right or left. If its to the right the clubs can be bent upright to help straighten it out. If it's a miss left, they can flatten the clubs. Based on how they deliver the head through impact certain irons can help better with turf interaction versus others. if...
  18. mikeg_74

Pro Wrestling Thread

Catching up from a busy few days.... some thoughts Smackdown I want to see where they go with AJ beating LA Knight bc he isn't beating Cody at Backlash QR Code was cool and I enjoyed the content Solo in a suit is not going to go over and I am not sold on him We Want Roman is a chant I thought I...
  19. mikeg_74

Mizuno JPX923 Irons

Back