Search results for query: *

1. Erky

FS: Rare Odyssey Headcover

For sale is an Odyssey "Support Your Local Muni" headcover for a blade putter. Asking $175. As far as I know, only 15 of these were sold to the public for the 2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play at TPC Harding Park, which will host the 2020 PGA. The design is a tribute to San Francisco, and features...
  2. Erky

iPad Pro vs. Surface Pro 4

Both are supposedly coming out in October. Who ya got?
  3. Erky

Hitting everything on the toe

Any recommended cures for this? Believe it or not, the results are not as terrible as they should be out here on the toe, but I would obviously like to hit the center of the face. Every one of my irons looks like this now.
  4. Erky

Mike Davis and the USGA

Has the US Open become too much about Mike Davis? I can't think of another tournament where I know the name of the guy in charge of the setup and layout of the course, but there he is year after year, drying out and tricking out courses. From the outside, it seems like he's a control freak who...
  5. Erky

Course Review: Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Orlando

Overview The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Orlando is home to the PNC Father Son Challenge, which is an official PGA Tour Challenge Event. A Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, the golf course blends into the natural Central Florida landscape, protecting natural resources and habitats while...
  6. Erky

#WilsonOnTour Brendan Steele interview

This was a pretty cool video. There are a few nuggets in there: 1. You get to know a little bit about Brendan Steele, how he made it to the PGA Tour and why he chose Wilson Staff. 2. There are some potential nuggets out there for equipment people, including discussion about what seems to be...
  7. Erky

Would you build a pub shed?

Because I sure as heck want to, now that I know that they are a thing.
  8. Erky

Sneaking beer into a sporting event

This would have been pretty impressive if he had pulled it off.
  9. Erky

Getting to work with Wilson Staff

After finding out I was going to be repping Wilson Staff in #THPLegacy yesterday, I received a message from fellow Legacy Wilson Staff THPer, jhoefer99. It just so happened that Wilson Staff was doing a demo day at the Edwin Watts in Palm Harbor, Florida, and Jed was going to demo some clubs to...
  10. Erky

EBay/Paypal Scam

I have never sold or purchased on Ebay until yesterday, so consider me a rookie. I listed a phone for sale, and received an email that someone had bought it. The buyer requested a Paypal invoice, some pics of the item, etc. and gave me an address in Macon, GA to mail the phone. I reviewed his...
  11. Erky

It's blue! Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Gun PVD Wedges

This came up in the Infinite thread, but I thought people might be interested in these new wedges from Wilson Staff. Many of us got to see these at #PersonalDistance but they are just now showing up on the Wilson website. SLEEK GUN BLUE PVD FINISH The bold gun blue PVD finish provides a sleek...
  12. Erky

Getting out of a funk

What do you do? It has been at least a month since I played well. My ball striking, chipping and putting are all a mess. Driving used to be the strength of my game, now it's a liability. I have zero confidence with any shot. So what to do? Take a break? Go to the range? Change swing thoughts?
  13. Erky

Hilarious Tosh.0 Lane Kiffin skit

This is maybe the funniest thing I have seen all month. NSFW due to language.
  14. Erky

John Wick

This movie has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. How does a movie starring Keanu Reeves have a 100% rating? The basic premise seems to be that he's a retired hit man. Some bad guys kill his pup, and he brings down hell on them. I have secretly always wanted a movie where the hero is avenging...
  15. Erky

Wilson Staff FG Tour Glove

As many of you know, one of the gifts the lucky THP winners were given at #PersonalDistance was a Wilson Staff FG Tour glove. Based on a comment I made in another thread, it was suggested that I start a new thread to discuss it. I didn't really have any expectations for it. It's just a glove...
  16. Erky

Why Keegan Bradley Withdrew from the BMW

Integrity. http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/09/this-is-why-keegan-bradley-wit.html
  17. Erky

Mickelson Withdraws from BMW

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/11474485/phil-mickelson-withdraws-bmw-championship
  18. Erky

Anybody gaming a G30 hybrid?

I cannot for the life of me make up my mind on a new hybrid. Last night I had it narrowed down to 2, and all of a sudden my list stands at 4. I saw this beauty last night, and I hit it pretty well, but hitting in a cage is hitting in a cage. I would be interested to hear feedback. I...
  19. Erky

Private Label Golf Balls

With all the new balls coming out, I am curious if these are all just private label balls coming from the same place. Engineering and manufacturing golf balls is not an easy or cheap endeavor, and everybody is jumping into this. Hopkins, Rife, and a host of newcomers are churning out balls...
  20. Erky

Putting with an open stance

Guys, my putting is a borderline disaster. Right now, if I make putts, it's almost as if it's by accident. I can see the line, but I can't roll the ball on it. One of the guys I play with, who has maybe the best short game of anybody I know, suggested putting with an open stance. He putts...
Back