Search results for query: *

1. coughlin03

Anybody Here Purchase The New Formula 6 From Krank Golf? Has it arrived?

In January I got the new driver bug and found Krank. Online purchasing without a fitting is not what I usually do, or recommend, however, I found myself buying a Formula 5 used from Krank's eBay store for $150.00. The next day the Formula 6 is announced so I order one, Pre Pay for it, and Krank...
  2. coughlin03

Just Ordered My New Irons: MP 4 Thanks for the THP Review On This Sticks

I played Wilson Blades for 25 years. Started taking lessons in 2008 from a guy who worked on the Mizuno Tour. Besides being a great instructor, he is a great club fitter. Got fit for MP 52s and love them. Last fall on a lark, I cleaned up my old Wilson Staffs and played a few rounds with them...
  3. coughlin03

Radius Roll Putters

Just tried them at an outing demo and really liked them. They have a rolled face so no matter how you change your set up, the putter face remains consistent. Brilliant really. They are a Chicago area company and one of two putter MFGers that still make their putters in the USA. Try it, you...
  4. coughlin03

Spreading Ashes on A golf Course. Any Advice?

My photography mentor loved golf and played until he passed away 3 years ago. His wish was to have his ashes spread on a golf course. His 2 sons and I are doing that this Sunday. Starting as a four sum, finishing as a three sum. Any advice? BTW, we are not asking permission or forgiveness...
  5. coughlin03

Getting a blister on my right ring finger, Why?

Playing golf for over 40 years. Taking lessons for last 5. The past 3 weeks I have gotten a blister on the outside of my right ring finger. I am right handed. Never had blisters before. Any thoughts?
  6. coughlin03

We Need A Thank You Button

Dear THP, And many, many, many THP members, Thank You! Thank you for all the great tips, reviews, chuckles and great golf fraternity! On one of my photographer forums, there is a Thank You button under each post. May I recommend that here. (Notice the lack of a ? mark) So many posts I have...
  7. coughlin03

Tim Coughlin's BMW Open Experience

I won the opportunity to play in the Celbrity AM at the BMW Open at Cog Hill on Dubsdread. The Golfer on the far right hit 350+ drives to propel us onto a 4 way tie for 1st place. Got a lot of golf swag. Ray Bam sun glasses, 12 Callaway iS Balls, 12 Prov1 balls, shirts, hats, jacket, etc. Our...
  8. coughlin03

Bettinardi Studio Fitting Experience

In my work I have had the opportunity to visit many very cool, unique places. I am constantly reminding myself how lucky I am. Today, I visited Bettinardi for a putter fitting. Glenn Zagorski, Director of Tour Operations, met me in the lobby and took me upstairs to the "Studio." The Spring...
  9. coughlin03

Visiting Bettinardi To Get A Fitting

Bettinardi is about 4 miles from my house. I have a Rife 2 Bar Mallet and have not been hitting it well. Time for a new putter. Toughest club in the bag to buy, IMO. Any tips? I'll report back on the experience.
  10. coughlin03

Need Advice On Playing In The BMW Pro Am, HELP!

Last year I got a card that allowed me to go to the BMW at Cog Hill for free. Drive your BMW to the course, I got free parking, entrance to the tournament, clubhouse passes, free booze, free food. This year I entered a contest to win a spot in the Pro Am plus all of the above. $2500 value. 2...
  11. coughlin03

Superfast Review

OK, I got tired of waiting for JB's Superfast review so here ya go: After reading the Driver Shootout results and getting fit for a driver in Minnesota but not buying one, I went to my local pro shop and hit the R9 and the Superfast. I liked the Superfast better and bought it. Distance: SF was...
  12. coughlin03

Support Your Local Golf Store, Please

Bought a Super Fast Driver today! Woo Hoo:banana: Yesterday I demoed a few clubs at a local pro shop at my local driving range. White Mountain Pro Shop in Orland Park, IL. Orland Park claims to be the golf capital of the world. It's on the water towers, "Golf Capital Of The World" I did not...
  13. coughlin03

My Adipure Review

Waited for JB to review these shoes to get a pair. Even though JB likes these a lot and I bought a pair that I love, his review was not personal enough for me because: I AM A SHOE SNOB! Bought my all white Adidas Adipure shoes online from an Ebay seller. $210 plus $12 shipping. They were sent...
  14. coughlin03

Golf Shoes for My Wide Feet

Need some advice. My feet have taken a beating over the years. 10 years of Pro and minor league football, a car crash that damaged the left foot and a few operations to correct broken bones in both feet. Have a 3 year old pair of DryJoys in a W width that are relatively comfortable. Wear Eccos...
Back