Search results for query: *

1. Faiz

Are your wedges brand matched?

Does this matter to you? This morning I was transferring my clubs into my new bag and realised that all my speciality wedges are different brands. Does this bother you, do they have to match? I initially bought my 50° Vokey to match my irons and it is just so good, I am contemplating replacing...
  2. Faiz

Waterproof stand bag

Hi all! My birthday is coming up and to go with my new irons I'd like a new bag. I live in the UK so it makes sense to get a waterproof bag as I really don't like having to dry out everything overnight before the next day. I also only carry. So... I'd like some feedback on waterproof stand bags...
  3. Faiz

Driver issue & advice?

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this but I wanted to get some of this out of my head and share with like minded people. I guess for advice and a sanity check. So I've gone through a really big swing change this year which more or less started towards the end of the summer. I'd bought...
  4. Faiz

My revival (hopefully)

I moved back to the UK from Uganda 3 years ago and came over as a good 3 handicapper who could break par often. Good all round game but I was living and breathing golf. Playing 3-4 times a week. I moved over and golf became secondary as we sorted our lives out, focused on work, started doing...
  5. Faiz

Major Champion nearest your birthday

Today is my little cousins 18th birthday and whilst thinking about what to get him I wondered who was the major champion nearest to his birthday. Then I was wondering who was mine?! Then I realised this could make a fun thread, who won the major closest to when you were born? I was born in...
  6. Faiz

New Wilson irons on the way?

Some sneaky pics on social media. Might have to wait for these and try them against the Mizunos before picking up some new irons. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. Faiz

Swinley Forest GC UK

So I was fortunate enough to get an invitation to play in a charity event at Swinley Forest. This was real luck to be honest as you cannot play except in the annual charity event of which there is 1 every year! You cannot become a member unless you are related to one of the members. There was no...
  8. Faiz

Woods distance check

Do you ever go out on the course and hit all your woods and then walk out and see the difference in distance? I did so yesterday with my driver, Mini 1.5 and 5 wood. The ball in front of me is the 5 wood, left the Mini and right the driver. I was genuinely shocked at how far the 5 wood goes in...
  9. Faiz

Today's inter-club matchplay!

Today is the second leg of the inaugural matchplay tournament between Entebbe GC and Uganda GC. The VC of Entebbe and I created this event as it has never happened despite both clubs being created in 1901/1907! So it was a nice surprise to open the paper and see this today; [emoji2] I'm in the...
  10. Faiz

Why do you upgrade your clubs so frequently?

Living in Uganda its more dreamland than actually updating clubs. Sometimes I read through the review threads and create my dream bag!haha But sometimes when I read through I wonder how you guys upgrade so frequently. Is it a part of what makes golf fun for you or do you really see noticeable...
  11. Faiz

Faiz - WITB

I finally got some time today to take some pics and get a thread up! Quite a mixed bag of old and new with some great changes coming up for the end of the month. I love this bag. My sis got it for me for my 30th birthday, pretty cool present! Driver; Cobra King Ltd set at 9 degrees with the...
  12. Faiz

Wedge Dilemma

So I currently have a 54 old TM RAC, a 56 Cleveland Niblick and a 64 PM Grind. I want to update the 54 and 56 but I'm fairly confused right now. I was thinking of getting the 54 Callaway forged and the 58 sure out but I'm not so keen on getting a 58. I'm now wondering if it's better to get a 56...
  13. Faiz

Has your golf improved since joining THP?

I saw a few people mention it in the improvement within the year thread and I'd be interested to hear how much people have improved since joining THP! I remember I had sort of fallen out of love with golf and gotten into cars before I got back into golf again for personal reasons. I left as a...
  14. Faiz

Putter Innovation

I read an interesting article about Putter innovation, or lack of it, on a website this morning. I'm not sure if I can post the link, if I am then I can do so after being given permission. It really made me think, has there been a lot of innovation and is a lot of innovation really required? I...
  15. Faiz

Stroke Index correction

Hey guys! So at our club we have had the same stroke indexes since inception and now we want to correct them. Here's the analysis; The current ones are in red and the correct ones are in the red box. I would rather that each hole gets its correct index. That would mean that strokes are given as...
  16. Faiz

Halfway House

Hi guys! So we are currently trying to revamp our halfway house and make it better than what it is. I'd like to know what is served at your club and is there a seating area and a time limit? Here's what's on offer currently; Samosas beef and veg Sausages beef and pork Mandazi (Ugandan donut)...
  17. Faiz

Golf club drinks

Hey guys! Does your club have specific drinks or cocktails? A lot of the better clubs I've been to in England or even Kenya have had special drinks only for their club or at least a club special. This is something that I want to introduce at our club and I'd love to hear what's at yours. I was...
  18. Faiz

The Scottish Open

I see there's no PGA Tour event this week in the run up to The Open Championship. Looking at the field of The Scottish Open there are not so many Americans as I thought there would be playing. What would you do? Warm up by playing Castle Stuart and maybe winning some money or other links...
  19. Faiz

Understanding golf history

Hey guys! So we always talk about the big three, bobby jones, walter hagen, tiger woods etc vs the current era. I put the dominant players on a spreadsheet and put their wins year by year and also according to their age. Kind of helps you understand what happened when and how dominant each...
  20. Faiz

Won a tournament with my pb!

Yesterday was the Netherlands business cup, one of the bigger tournaments in our club due to the great prizes. We had a turn out of 180 golfers! My front 9 was just incredible, best 9 holes I've ever played by 2 shots! Started off with a chip and putt birdie, holed my pitch for eagle on 2...
Back