Search results for query: *

1. #troy

GreatLife Golf Network - Anyone a member of one of their courses?

Anyone a member of a Great Life golf course? I am down in Jax, when Great Life merged with Brown Golf a couple years ago.
  2. #troy

Shorties Golf - Golf Sets for Toddlers & Kids

Anyone try these out for their kids? Giving them a shot, should have in a few days. Sound decent and have different options as kids get bigger.
  3. #troy

Not Another NY Times Game- Meet Strands

Who’s playing Strands? It’s a word search style game
  4. #troy

Half tucked is the worst

Sorry Kev, but half untucked shirts are the worst look IMO. I'm far from a traditionalist, I'm pro untucked or tucked. Just don't get caught in the middle. .
  5. #troy

Something not like the rest.

IG post yesterday had me cracking up. What's wrong with this post?
  6. #troy

Caption this photo

Title says it
  7. #troy

Bookie (TV series) on MAX TV

Anyone watch Bookie? Just started yesterday and pretty entertaining.
  8. #troy

Cart fees - Anyone negotiate them off a membership?

My old club reached out asking about rejoining. The course allows walking, but is pretty much unwalkable. Too much distance between a few of the holes. I said I would rejoin if they waived cart fees in perpetuity. More joking than a serious request. But it got me thinking, has anyone done...
  9. #troy

LIVE UPDATE THREAD Cabot Citrus Farms - The Karoo 2/11/24

@MWard @War Eagle @Greg Kulbick and myself are heading to Cabot Citrus Farms today to play Karoo at 12:30. Will be posting here throughout the day. Looking forward to the golf and catching up with old friends! This course is a beast! Which tees are we playing?
  10. #troy

Pre round check in- what's too early?

You have a tee time, how early is too early to check in? Just saw this on a local course tee time reservation site, range balls included in pricing. "Check-in accepted no more than 1 hour in advance of the starting time. Proper golf attire is required for all golfers"
  11. #troy

Educate me- THP Search

I randomly run in to issues searching for a 3 letter word, the dreaded ‘ No results found’. Whether it be Lab Golf, LA Golf, Sik, how do you get around it? Just an early morning ponder thread.
  12. #troy

Creole Cuisine

Love Creole, Cajun foods. What are some of your favorites? Wife went to grad school at LSU and introduced me to the foods when we met in Tampa 15 years ago. Po boys, gumbo, jambalaya are a few of my faves. Been to New Orleans only one time. Need to go back. Made some chicken thigh &...
  13. #troy

What’s your cap on caps? 🧢

This just caught me off guard. How much are you all spending on golf hats? Marketing email had the $49 cap that stood out. Clicked the link and there is a $60 ‘tour’ hat. Whoa! So where do you land on hat prices?
  14. #troy

Belgian Boys breakfast 🇧🇪

These have been a hit with our toddler for breakfast. Quick prep in air fryer. Anyone else try them yet? Have had the pancakes and french toast. Pancakes are at costco, and then target & fresh market have them and the french toast too.
  15. #troy

Bandon Dunes 25th Anniversary Celebration May 1-4, 2024

Who's entering drawing? 25 YEARS LATER, WE'RE STILL DREAMING GOLF. Since our humble beginning in 1999, we've understood that it takes more than one man's vision to create a golf destination that engages the senses and stirs the soul. This circular journey of discovery and growth always leads...
  16. #troy

Golf Art

Local breakfast spot has these pieces up on display. Think they are pretty cool in minimalist way. Let's show off some golf art.
  17. #troy

Anotha one of those- I need a new bag

Well, my Vessel VLX is falling apart. Carried it during yesterdays round and the lining is falling apart in the divider area. I’m looking for the lightest, carryable bag that will hold up. Not a Sunday bag. Needs to be a normal size stand bag. The VLX was a 4 way divider, I’m pro all...
  18. #troy

Cameron Smith buys stake in Jacksonville private golf club to be renovated by Jim Furyk

Local private club here in Jax. Cam’s been looking for a home course since his move to LIV. Here’s one way to do it. The Jacksonville, Florida-based private club was purchased Friday by local developer Corner Lot, which counts 2022 British Open champion Cam Smith as an investor and 2003 U.S...
  19. #troy

Favorite Thread of the year - 2023 edition

What's been your favorite thread this year and why?
  20. #troy

Surcharges - Where do they stop?

Just came across this banner on a local club's tee time booking page. Course offered the range when booking a round, now there is a MANDATORY surcharge. Additionally, My home course added a surcharge to all non-cash transactions a year or so ago. What's next?
Back