Search results for query: *

1. geneticistx

my hcp went up 4 strokes, I dumped my driver for a 3 wood

I finished last season as a 10.4, which i was quite happy with. This year i started the year with aspirations of getting below 10, but my driver kept putting me OB. I took lessons, I prayed, I repeated "slow down", I did everything i could but the driver has been my nemesis. A couple weeks...
  2. geneticistx

Feb 3 - 9 Palm Springs ?

I'm taking a break from the north and heading down to visit my parents in the desert. Anyone up for a round in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/La Qunita/Rancho Mirage? M
  3. geneticistx

Match Play round with non-match player twosome

I was playing in a match at my home course yesterday, and me and my competitor were paired up with a twosome that were not competing, they were just playing. Two things happened: 1. My competitor shanked a ball off the tee and the non-competitor started giving him advice on where to place his...
  4. geneticistx

Monterey... 3 days... Spyglass, Pebble, and?

Hi all, Between a trip to Vegas and the pacific northwest, I have a few days to kill. I decided to make this my bucket list trip to pebble on May 31-June 2. I'm booked for Pebble and Spyglass. I can get a free round at Spanish Bay as part of the deal, or is there another course that is a MUST...
  5. geneticistx

Palm Desert Golf - Desert Falls?

Hi, I am a clubcorp member going to palm desert tomorrow and am scheduled to play Desert Falls. How does it compare to Desert Willow (Firecliff)? Thanks, M
  6. geneticistx

Aviara Feb 2 and 3

I'll be at Aviara Feb 2 and 3 if any THP'ers are down there and looking for a game. 10 cap.
  7. geneticistx

WTB: Scotty Cameron Headcover(s) for newport 2

I am looking for headcover(s) for my scotty. The ones that are expensive don't make sense to me, so if you have something in excellent condition at a reasonable price, please let me know. mike
  8. geneticistx

Aviara or Omni La Costa?

So, I'll be heading down to San Diego first week of February for some meetings. I am a clubcorp member and can play La Costa Omni as part of club corp and stay at their place with a discount. How does La Costa compare to Aviara in golf. The fact I can play as part of ClubCorp makes it very...
  9. geneticistx

birdie bug

Has anyone here used birdiebug to book a tee time? Is it similar to the other ones. I am looking at a tee time that through birdie bug is like 65% cheaper than regularly priced fee. I just don't want to through money away
  10. geneticistx

Fort Lauderdale December 14-19

Hi All, i'm heading down to FLL next week and am going to play: 1. Emerald Hills 2. Lago Mar 3. Plantation Preserve 4. Hillcrest 5. ? (open to suggestions) anyone want to join me? I'm a 10.6 index. Canadian.
  11. geneticistx

I've accepted that I don't hit as far anymore, and I'm scoring better!

Last year my 8 iron was 150 yards, this year my 7 iron is my 150 yard club. It took me a couple months of frustration and realizing that a slower, more relaxed swing with more club is getting me more GIR and lower scores than the first couple months of the season. I'm perfectly fine and...
  12. geneticistx

Best 9 of the year

shot 38 on the back 9 of my course yesterday... One double, one bogey, one birdie. It felt great to know the swing was reliable and accurate. Sure the front I was 46, but an 84 ain't bad for me as a 12 index. The biggest message i took from a great string of consistent golf was to slow...
  13. geneticistx

Titleist 910F shaft into 913F head?

can a shaft with a 910F surefit adapter fit into the 913 head?
  14. geneticistx

I love my Driver Shaft (NVS 85), now looking for a 4 wood shaft

I've put a NVS 85 (regular flex) shaft into my 913 D2 and now find the 62 g stock (r flex) shaft in my 4 wood a bit light. I like the heavier shafts in my driver and thinking a similar feel in my 913F 4 wood would be good. Should I look at the same shaft for the 3 wood but cut down in...
  15. geneticistx

Tactic for Club Championship?

What is the biggest difference in your approach to your game over a two or three day club championship?
  16. geneticistx

Difference in how high you tee up your ball for different drivers?

I was gaming a G25 for a bit, and have switched to a 913D2. I have notice a significant difference in how high I have to tee the ball up for these two drivers. For the G25, i had to tee it up quite a bit higher than the D2. I find that teeing up my D2 too high I lose any sense of feel and...
  17. geneticistx

The infamous "birdie on 18" that keeps us coming back

Great round today at a beautiful course. I shot an 84 with one birdie. That birdie came on 18. I'm a 13 handicap. So, a birdie is nice. The dreaded final hole birdie that sucks you in to say, you'll be back, oh yes, you'll be back.
  18. geneticistx

Your highest and lowest handicap factor?

Over the years, what has been the variance in your handicap, your lowest to the highest, and for how long have you been at both extremes? My own: last year got down to 12.9, highest was 16.8 this year, now back down to 13.5 this year. I would like to be single digits by end of september, but...
  19. geneticistx

Results of shortening my driver shaft to 43.75"

I traded my stock G25 stiff 10* driver with someone for a 12* 913D2 reg. I had the shaft cut to play at 43.75" and decreased the loft to 11.25. I didn't like the sound of the Ping, and when I hit both I didn't see a huge distance or control difference. Prior to cutting the shaft, i was...
  20. geneticistx

hitting from thick rough (grass not tall feskew)

can someone provide the best way to hit out of thick rough? The first cut is okay, but if you're wide, short or long on my home course the rough is thick grass and the ball can settle in it. I think a hybrid wont get through it if i need to hit 190 yards, or sometimes i wind up hitting too far...
Back