Search results for query: *

1. A

OKC courses

I'm going to be in Oklahoma City for a couple of weeks and was hoping I could get some recommendations on where to play while I'm there. Thanks for the help.
  2. A

Comfortable Shoes

I've decided to start walking the majority of my rounds. I'm looking for a very comfortable shoe, preferably spiked that I can walk in all day. I currently wear the FJ Dry Joys and love them but don't think they are comfortable enough to walk 18 or on some days 36. I've got wide feet so please...
  3. A

New Orleans courses

I'll be in New Orleans the beginning of March and wondered if anyone could suggest some good courses to play while I'm there. Thanks for the help.
  4. A

how much does elevation affect your yardages?

I'm going to be in Albuquerque the next ten days and hope to get a few rounds of golf in. My question is I live in the Phoenix area at an elevation of 1200 feet. I'll be playing courses in Albuquerque that range in elevation from 5000-7000 feet. How much extra yardage per club should I adjust for?
  5. A

Albuquerque Golf

So next week I'm heading to Albuquerque for ten days. I hope to get three or four rounds in while I'm there. Any suggestions on courses both must plays and the ones to stay away from. Any help is appreciated.
  6. A

How often do you replace your clubs?

So I'm looking at my clubs and they are certainly looking well used. I was just wondering after how many rounds of golf do you think you NEED to replace your clubs. I know for some guys it's a yearly thing but I'm talking about the clubs just being worn to the point where it may be affecting...
  7. A

Goal Achieved

Well a little over a year ago I started playing golf again after about a twenty year hiatus. I played occasionally during that twenty years. Maybe once a year or every other year. I had a buddy come visit last year that is an avid golfer and he insisted we play while he was down. The first day I...
  8. A

instructor in Gilbert Arizona

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and feel free to move it if it's not. I'm looking for an instructor in the southeast Phoenix metro area. Mostly for my short game. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
  9. A

Best Reno Courses

So I'll be going to Reno the end of February and was hoping to get in a couple rounds. I realize the grass will be dormant (and hopefully no snow) but was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction for a good round that time of year.
  10. A

2 Iron Recommendations

So I've decided to add a 2 iron to my bag. I know I know "God can't hit a two iron" but I'm gonna give it a shot. My current irons are I-20's 3-SW and I hit them well. I'm very comfortable hitting my 3 and 4 iron and am very consistent with them so I'm not concerned about being able to hit the...
  11. A

Maui golf

So if you could only play one round of golf while on vacation in Maui which course would it be and why?
  12. A

Shorter inseam shorts

Does anyone know if anyone makes shorts with a slightly shorter inseam. I know the style now is to come to the middle of the knee but to be honest I like my shorts about 2 or 3 inches shorter than that. I've never been one too concerned with current style anyway. That doesn't mean I want to go...
  13. A

Garmin Approach G6

I contacted Garmin about this and this is their response. Hope it clears things up. Thank you for contacting Garmin International. Garmin's Approach series for golfing is compliant with the United States Golf Association's (USGA) rules and regulations. The Approach G5 and G6 offer the...
  14. A

Hello From AZ

Well to be honest I have not been an avid golfer for many years. Until recently I was only playing about four times a year. That changed recently. A long time friend came to visit recently. Being from Michigan and not being able to play all winter understandably he wanted to get in a few rounds...
Back