Search results for query: *

1. W

Callaway Fairway Wood Recommendation

Looking for the longest controllable Callaway fairway wood for this 73 yo, 90 SS, 15 hcp golfer. I just bought a new Rogue ST Max D driver (fantastic) and want to go with CCPO for an economical solution to a club that will only be used 3-5 times in a round. I love my Epic Max Heavenwood...
  2. W

Dri Tac 2.0 vs OG Dri Tac

I have very sweaty hands and arthritis and find Dri Tac works the best for me. I haven’t use 2.0 for any duration and wanted to see if anyone has played both extensively? In the store the 2.0 didn’t seem as grippy on my ungloved hand which was somewhat sweaty in the store.
  3. W

What to do with A Friend who is Cheating

I play at a private golf club and mostly in pot groups. One guy who I have known for 4 years and partnered with in an annual tournament was rumored to cheat at a previous club. My close friends and I watched and could only guess he was missing short putts when he wasn’t having a good round. This...
  4. W

Cobra Baffler DWS Users

This hybrid is my oldest club in my bag and I can’t find a hybrid that outperforms this head with stock regular shaft. It is forgiving, hot and launches high. I’ve tried the popular 818 H1, F7 and g400 without luck. Are there any DWS users that have found a hybrid that has made their way into...
  5. W

Equipment Adjustment for Toe Contact?

I just came back from Club Champion fitting where I had an iron smash factor exceeding 1.4, however I was consistently making contact near the toe. I told the fitter a pro told me several years ago that this was because I’m not striking coming from the inside. The CC fitter said I was coming...
  6. W

Should I Do Club Champion Fitting?

I’m 70, started golf at 51 and have a hcp range of 14-17. I have been fitted by Ping, Mizuno and others over the years and feel like my normal specs of 2deg up and standard length are not going to change much. i have an appointment set up and have had emails with the fitter. I find out CC...
  7. W

Draw Driver or Adjustable?

I’m 70 and a later starter with a 14-18 hcp. and have had several lessons. When it comes to driving I think it would be a real benefit to have a straight or small draw to increase the landing area and stay in the fairway. This can be helped by a draw biased driver (g400 SFT) or adjustable (G410...
  8. W

Mizuno Graphite Shaft Options Question

I went through a Mizuno demo day fitting and my numbers produced three 115 gram steel shaft options with XP 115 reg soft stepped being #1. I’m 70 and need graphite for tennis elbow and arthritic fingers. Has anyone compared the Recoil 95 vs the Project X LZ graphite shafts I’ll be looking at...
  9. W

Looking for suggestions/experiences with irons

First off I’m not going to get fit and buy new irons ($) I’m 70 and have had good success in the past by trying clubs on course and returning them for full credit if they don’t work. I’m just looking to save some trial time by others suggestions. I have a 14hcp and still have decent 140y carry...
  10. W

Driver Shaft Optimization Potential - G400 Max

I currently am very happy and have seen substantial gains in distance and control with the G400 Max from my 4year old Nike. I have the stock stiff shaft that was fitted in a PGASS. I have an appointment with Club Champion to see if there is a shaft that could give me another 10-20 yards. After...
  11. W

Rubber Wrap Grip Users

Yesterday I picked up a another golfers club with the Golf Pride Wrap grip and really liked the feel of it. I'm interested in finding a rubber wrap grip for my clubs. I play around 100 rounds a year between Ohio and South Florida along with practice. I would like to find a wrap grip (other than...
  12. W

Lie Dilemma?

I've played upright clubs for several years and recently was fitted by Mizuno to 2-3 degrees upright. My current irons are Ping G with yellow dot (1.5 deg upright) and regular AWT steel shafts which I often push or fade. I also am trying out Ping I e1 with orange dot (2.25 deg flat) 110 stiff...
  13. W

Looking for a soft, spiny ball for 88 ss

Presently playing the Duo and Supersoft balls. I like the feel and off the tee performance, however now playing hard sloping greens and need better bite on approach shots. I have an 88 driver ss and looking for a soft, higher spin (on approach shots) ball recommendation.
  14. W

Iron Design and the Lower Swing Speed

I'm recently retired playing 90 rounds per year and in the market for new irons. My normal miss is towards the toe with medium flight and have a 88-90 driver swing speed. My question is does the new cup design hotter faced irons really offer a benefit other than hitting it farther? Wouldn't...
  15. W

I'm back!

I haven't been on THP for some time and recently have been visiting and posting on the other golf site. After reading some posts here I was quickly reminded this is where I should be and not with the so called scratch players. I'm 4 months from retirement and looking forward to playing and...
  16. W

Last years Irons with good graphite shafts

I have a set of irons in Florida and another in the north. My north irons are wishon 770 with the fantastic 95i Aero Tech Shafts. I will be retiring and looking to trade my Ping G5's with steel in for a iron with a consistent graphite shaft similar to the Aero Techs. I'm not wanting to spend...
  17. W

Will a Prolaunch Blue make a difference over a stock Diablo Edge shaft for a 17 hcper

I'm looking at reshafting a Ft iz 11deg with a Prolaunch Blue to increase launch or go to a Diablo Edge 11 deg with the stock shaft (mid/high launch Habernaro). The stock FT iz shaft is a lower launching stock Voo Doo. Is there going to be much difference in performance between the Prolaunch and...
  18. W

Looking for an inexpensive high launching driver.

I'm hitting my 11 deg Ftiz too low on the course and the 13 deg Diablo Edge too high with too little of roll. What will launch high and only cost around $150. I have a 90-95 ss.
  19. W

Do Premium Balls do More Harm Than Good For A 17 HCP?

I want to stick to one ball this season and need to make a pick soon. I'm 62 and started playing serious 11 years ago with my handicap ranging from 15-20. I've taken about 10 lessons over this time and hit pretty straight off the tee with misses hooking or pushing right. Swing speed is in the 90...
  20. W

Need help with shaft for the Diablo Edge non tour driver

I was able to course test the FT-IZ with the stock shaft and don't have the time or money for a fitting on the Diablo. The regular in the 10 deg seem to have a little extra spin and the tour 10.5 in stiff worked well the front nine and was going right on the back nine ( I think from tiring, 61...
Back