Search results for query: *

1. JoeyJoeJo

2014 Open Championship [spoilers]

Groupings announced for first couple of days, some nice ones in there: Donald, Fowler, Garcia Woods, Carbrera, Stenson Kaymer, Day, Johnson Mickleson, Els, Bubba Watson Rose, Scott, Dufner
  2. JoeyJoeJo

Mizuno JPX 850 Driver

Interesting. And a gorgeous colour.
  3. JoeyJoeJo

Names for hole scores

Queries from mrs, didn't have the answers, help....! Par is par. 1 under par is birdie 1 over par is bogey 2 under par is eagle 2 over par is double bogey, why doesn't it have it's own name? 3 under par, on this side of the pond, is albatross 3 over is triple bogey, so again, why doesn't it...
  4. JoeyJoeJo

Open Scripting 2014

Didn't see a thread for this so far, here's the Nike... Like the look of Tiger's Thursday/Saturday shirts, hopefully he gets to wear both of them!
  5. JoeyJoeJo

Zero Friction Gloves

Anyone tried them? Intrigued by the one size for all concept. http://www.zerofriction.com/zero-friction-mens-compression-golf-glove.html
  6. JoeyJoeJo

2014 AAM Scottish Open [spoilers]

Great looking field at Royal Aberdeen this week, almost half the world's top 60, 10 major champs and 25 RC players. Should be a great contest in it's own right but also a great warm up for the Open (as Phil will attest to!). True links golf too, I lived in the area for many years, if the wind...
  7. JoeyJoeJo

St Andrews Cap giveaway/comp

I did a couple of these last year that were good fun so I thought time for another one... :D Same format as last time (predict my stats in my next full competitive round). Shots on Front 9 / Shots on Back 9 / # putts / # FW hit / # GIR See spoiler below for details. Edited to add - this is...
  8. JoeyJoeJo

Nike Performance Fitting centre.

They've just opened one along the road from me (Rory was there yesterday), I was surprised to find it's their first globally, would you seek out a Nike only fitting centre...? For some reason, I don't think of them as having the same depth of range as a TM or Callaway, but they're probably on a...
  9. JoeyJoeJo

Open Championship Digital Magazine

Clicky Some nice articles and a great course guide (p124) in the R&A mag.
  10. JoeyJoeJo

Very Ltd Ed Callaway Driver

Love the idea of custom etching on the face... This was for a BBC Children in Need charity event, Pudsey the bear is their mascot https://twitter.com/achrisevans/status/484607799796977664/photo/1
  11. JoeyJoeJo

2014 Alstom Open de France [spoilers]

Some good looking rounds today, G-Mac back a little bit in his defence of title. Didn't expect to see Kevin Stadler at the event but great round to take the lead. He's entered for the Scottish next week too, doing some serious Open prep this side of the pond. Steven Gallacher in good position...
  12. JoeyJoeJo

Googled " golf ball flight"... mind blown...

Was sitting last night, read a couple of threads where different ball flights were discussed and I've never fully understood the variations/causes so thought I'd try and find an image that showed/described them. Ended up here http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/ballflight.htm Fascinating paper...
  13. JoeyJoeJo

Callaway Supersoft vs SR1..??

I've not seem many direct comparisons (which is not surprising as double the price) but I've stumbled on a deal where I can get some SR1 at near SS prices, anyone compared the two? I've been seriously loving the SS but got a box of Project (a) that I also enjoyed but also preferred into the...
  14. JoeyJoeJo

2014 BMW International Open [spoilers]

Couple of things worth noting I thought.... Richard green comes back in 28 on day 3. Leader Pablo Larrazabal drops no shots in 3 rounds. Kaymer misses the cut in his first "home" event since the US Open.
  15. JoeyJoeJo

100 Days till the Ryder Cup!!!

Woo-hoo!!! :banana::blob::banana::blob::banana::blob::banana::blob::banana: That is all.
  16. JoeyJoeJo

I forgot how to hit a shot today.

Weirdest thing.... I'm happy with my short game, I can typically get the job done from 70yds and in, get compliments regularly, quite proud of it really. But I'm practising this morning, and I start squirting half and quarter wedges off the hosel, 4, 5, 6 in row. So got the balls back and...
  17. JoeyJoeJo

Golf Stereotypes

Over 5 mins but found myself nodding/chuckling at several...
  18. JoeyJoeJo

Odd shoes

In football real, Puma are selling contrasting colours of shoes in pairs (pink and blue), a few players sporting them in the world cup. The bio golf range comes in very similar colours, any chance of this trend crossing over to golf...? (I think I know the answer :D)
  19. JoeyJoeJo

Ever anticipated a good round and actually delivered?

A couple of times lately, in the run up to big rounds, I've been feeling pretty good about my game with things coming together, practice going well, hitting the ball well, but then when the round comes, some aspect of the game will up and leave town. Could be tee shots, long irons, wedges...
  20. JoeyJoeJo

Original X hot driver settings?

Seeing some weirdness with drivers (nothing new there then :D) I'd appreciate some input on.... I have a Cleveland Classic driver that has no adjustment and an X hot that has open, neutral, closed adjustment. With the Cleveland over the last few weeks, I typically hit straight or slightly...
Back