Search results for query: *

1. pingman222

Oahu July 6-14

Headed to Waikiki on July 5th until the 14th, and looking to bring my clubs and play a couple rounds. I've seen the older threads on here and found a couple decent tracks through those. Any recent updates from the island? Anyone going to be in the area at the same time and want to play? Also...
  2. pingman222

KBS custom series color durability

Thinking about ordering some new KBS wedge shafts, and considering going with the custom program using the matte or pear white shafts. Anyone have any real world use with these and how they look after a season or so? Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
  3. pingman222

Edmonton Golfers - Petroleum Golf & Country Club

Hey all you Edmonton golfers...Anyone interested in joining on a 3-man membership there for the summer? Looking for a couple others to join with...Great course at a decent price for private! PM for details! Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  4. pingman222

Whats your weather limit?

Really want to play some golf tomorrow but the forecast is looking gloomy up here. I do have some good rain gear and only live 2 minutes from the course so I think I'll go out and brave it, at least try 9 and see how it is. What's your weather cutoff?
  5. pingman222

What's your method to consistent tee height?

Something maybe overlooked, but can make a significant difference in ball contact off the tee. How do you guys make sure you get a consistent tee height every time? Do you use stepped tees? your pinky as a measuring guide? Holding your driver beside the ball? Brush Tee? or do you just "know"...
  6. pingman222

What required shot makes you the most/least confident standing over?

As the title says, there's always a shot that you love or hate to hit, so what are they? For some reason to me, there's just something about an 8i that is perfect. 165 yards from a tight lie and i'll be licking my chops with the 8i in hand. Set up for a small fade that flies high, cuts about...
  7. pingman222

14 year old shoots 59!

Unreal would be an understatement... http://calgaryherald.com/sports/golf/fourteen-year-old-golfer-ethan-choi-shoots-59-at-provincial-tournament
  8. pingman222

Stories from working golf retail

So i'm sure some of us here have worked in a golf retail setting at some point. I did 2 months at golftown before and spent more money there than i earned. However in that short time i definitely had some interesting customers come through. one story i can remember for sure was one day a...
  9. pingman222

Have you caused property damage on a golf course?

No i'm not talking about laying the sod over the ball, but how many of you guys have caused property damage while on a golf course, maybe more specifically as a result of a golf shot and not just rolling carts over? Eg. shank one into a house-lined course and broken a window etc. etc. When i...
  10. pingman222

The Caddy Alignment Check

I know it's within the rules, but does it bug anyone else and should the rules be changed about it? I tend to see it mostly on the LPGA, but it feels almost too infringing on coaching during the round. Heck these people are the best in the world and i think it should be part of the game that...
  11. pingman222

Callaway & Marketing the game for all

Looks like callaway is again pushing the industry to appeal the game to the masses, attempting to grow the game in a time when it's of course seen it's struggles. The avenues they're pursuing to do so however are seeming to branch out more than the typical stereotype "golfer" and perhaps...
  12. pingman222

#THPCallout - Rematch Time! Pingman222 vs Arwin

Arwin got me last time in June, but the rematch is on!! Not as many strokes this time, and i'm taking him to the tips! Saturday, August 20 Course: EDMONTON PETROLEUM GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB Tee Box: Gold - 7036 yards. (74.6 / 139) Pops: Since playing last, Arwin actually joined the club as a...
  13. pingman222

Let's see those headcovers!

An afterthought for some, but an interest for many are the headcovers you choose to rock in your bag. With so many choices, there's bound to be some interesting ones come up here. Do you use the ones you have because it means something, you like the color, it's funny, or it's unique? Or...
  14. pingman222

Par 5 hole designs that you love or hate?

So this spawns from playing with a bunch of THPers this past weekend at coronado golf course in San Diego. I believe it was the 14th hole, a par 5, and the general consensus from the group was that it was a terribly designed hole. OB down the right side of the hole (in the middle of the...
  15. pingman222

Fs: Grips grips grips!!!

The wife found the stash of extra grips and told me to get rid of them to get funds so I can take my son to Legoland next week...let's make that happen! Up for sale is 3 full sets of grips. I'm going to California on Sunday and can bring them with me and ship them from there to make things...
  16. pingman222

Put my clubs onto a swingweight scale for the first time: Results inside!

So i've always been a tinkerer with my clubs, and learned to do as much of my own work as possible. Started with regripping, then re-shafting, shaft pulling etc etc and i like to think that i'm an ok hobbyist club builder. However, there was one thing i would never do and that was check...
  17. pingman222

Maltby Loft/Lie Machine - Anyone know anything about this model?

I've been looking for a way to get my hands on a loft/lie machine for the small amount of club tinkering i do for myself/friends/a few customers who don't trust the big box stores. I would of course love to have a newer mitchell machine or a true blue etc, but i just can't justify the cost...
  18. pingman222

Slightly Open Stance To Target Line

Does anyone else here sometimes struggle with keeping all the lines square to target, and instead benefit from having the stance open to target? I know guys will close the stance to accentuate with hitting a draw, but for me, for some reason i've found that a slightly open stance can yield me...
  19. pingman222

Pingman222 WITB

Finally posting up my bag as it seems to be as set as it will be for 2016. My wallet and my wife seem to hope so anyways! WITB Top to Bottom Sun Mountain 2.5 Driver: Ping Anser 8.5* (set at 9*) - Fujikura speeder 757 Evolution tour spec X Fairway: Ping Anser 16.5* (set at 16*) - Matrix...
  20. pingman222

From 6M3 -> 60Q4 or Kiyoshi White...what can i expect?

So i've been playing the 6M3X shaft for a few years now in a couple heads. First was a cleveland classic XL Custom, and then its currently now in my ping anser 8.5* head. It was damaged in a pull one time, so i ended up having to tip it about 1-1/8", and an extension in the butt. I don't know...
Back