Search results for query: *

1. Smithfaced

Best Rental Club You Have Ever Used

There has been a thread or two on rental clubs lately and it got me thinking, what is the best rental or loaner club you have ever used? The last time I was in CA I didn't have my clubs and a buddy of mine asked me to play at the course he worked at. The bag I was given to use had a center...
  2. Smithfaced

Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort club fitting

This place used to be a CPC (Callaway Performance Center) but has since merged with Golfsmith I believe. They still use the same technology as the other CPCs and I'm told they have Callaway's entire catalogue. I'll be making my way there early tomorrow morning for my MC fitting. I'll try and get...
  3. Smithfaced

Quick car tire question

This is the worst part.
  4. Smithfaced

Quick car tire question

Hey guys, Got in my car this afternoon and noticed something wasn't right. I drove a mile at the most to get to a safe spot to pull over going 15-20 MPH. Got out and tire was almost flat. Still had a bit of air pressure. Put on the spare and went straight to a local shop. The guy took my tire...
  5. Smithfaced

Ohhhh boy!

The good news is that whatever I was doing in Hilton Head, I'm still doing. The bad news is that whatever I was doing in Hilton Head, I'm still doing. I had ZERO confidence standing over a golf ball today. I won't say too much because I don't want to guide anybody's feedback. I will say that the...
  6. Smithfaced

Swing Overhaul

I'm not sure if this would be better served in the swing tips section so please move in necessary. My love/hate relationship with Stack & Tilt has been well documented on THP. I have had some phenomenal ball striking days with it and I've had the worst days ever. When I hooked my first tee shot...
  7. Smithfaced

Retail Stores Launch Monitors

The pondering thread had some thoughts on this tonight and I'm wondering what everyone else has experienced. I went to a big box sporting goods store when the X-hot irons came out. I was consistently carrying the 6 iron 14 yards further than the Mizuno's I had been gaming and landing withing 5...
  8. Smithfaced

kc720 is up to more shenanigans

I posted in the marketplace looking for a new shaft for my OptiForce. Kc sends me a PM saying he's got what I need and I do believe he was right. Before we could even work out a price I had a confirmation number in my inbox. He worked out the price himself and it was free! I owe you big time...
  9. Smithfaced

Energy Drinks & Shots

I never drink them before I golf because they make me jittery. I will have one from time to time when I need a little kick in the a**.
  10. Smithfaced

Warming up for THP events

The THP event season is starting to heat up and it got me thinking about something today. There are quite a few threads regarding warming up but I didn't see any specifically geared towards THP events. One of the coolest things about THP events and something that I feel really embodies the...
  11. Smithfaced

WTB Driver Shaft With Callaway OptiFit sleeve

I've had some terrible luck with the stock OptiForce shafts and I wanted to see what was out there in THP land. I'm looking for stiff or X-flex depending on what shaft it is. I would prefer a shaft with the OptiFit sleeve but that isn't crucial. Thanks guys.
  12. Smithfaced

Business Golf

I know we have quite a few business types here on THP so I thought I would pose the question. How do you play "business golf?" Do you let your boss win? What if it's a client and you are afraid of losing a sale or contract if you lay down the hammer? If you are laying back a bit and the person...
  13. Smithfaced

Just Had a Pretty Cool Conversation

I just had a good conversation with a great friend of mine. She brought up people she would love to have dinner with. If you could choose three people to have dinner with who would it be? The one person we both agreed upon was Bill Nye. Who are your three?
  14. Smithfaced

Ideal Playing Partner In Team Competitions

There are quite a few team competitions going this year for THP and that got me thinking about ideal playing partners. Do you like constant encouragement or complete silence? Do you want to golf with someone who is going to banter the entire round or someone who is focused on winning at all...
Back