Search results for query: *

1. mpeterson

All time (non-golf) related THP thread?

Did one of these for golf-related talk, but realized it would probably be fun to talk about some of the crazy banter that’s been had here over the years too. What’s been your favorite THP thread that WASN’T about golf?
  2. mpeterson

All time favorite golf-related THP thread?

The run to 7M had me thinking - there have been a LOT of really great threads over the years for golf discussion. Whether that be an equipment thread that surprised people or changed a lot of minds (I’m thinking of something like the Altitude threads), an event thread that you especially liked...
  3. mpeterson

Feeling the urge to tinker with some equipment

We're at that time again here in the northeast - it's getting cold, and it sometimes seems to be only 3-4 hours of light in the day. Partly because of the sales, and partly because I'm not doing anything competitive, it's always around this time I want to tinker with my bag. The wrinkle this...
  4. mpeterson

An eye-opening fitting experience

I've been working with a new instructor for a couple years now, and we've made some changes to my swing. Been itching to get fixed, and thanks to some generous family members, I did a full bag club fitting at the Club Champion in Bedford, MA a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to write up my...
  5. mpeterson

Rock Climbers

Any fellow rock climbers here on THP? My wife and I took up the sport as a hobby just about a year ago, when I climbing gym opened down the street from us. Since then we've been outside a few times, and we're looking forward to getting out more this year now that we've got more experience under...
  6. mpeterson

Golf Lives: Season 2

I didn't see a new thread, so I'm bumping this one. Callaway released the second season of these, and they're all so good. The Rez golf episode in particular is fantastic - those guys are playing golf on a desert, putting on dirt greens, and growing the game. I love this series...
  7. mpeterson

What piece of equipment did you learn the most from?

Sitting here thinking about the various clubs in my bag, and I was thinking of the setup I ended up with at the Grandaddy. And one thing that came to mind is had I not played those Honma Beres irons for a year, I'd have pushed back on the shaft choice during the fitting and gone with what I'd...
  8. mpeterson

2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

This thread will serve for reviews and discussion of the 2019 Callaway Apex Hybrids.
  9. mpeterson

The "Guess mpeterson's fitting at the Granddaddy" contest

With a week before we all start heading out to the West Coast, I've been thinking of ways to do something fun with the forum. Since equipment is such a big part of the event, I wanted to do something about with my fitting. So, I'm putting the question out to you guys - what am I going to get fit...
  10. mpeterson

Most ridiculous "pro recreation" you've seen on course?

The discussion on Bryson's use of the compass got me thinking - what's the most ridiculous thing you've seen someone do on a golf course because a pro or pros do it? For me it had to be the guy I played behind that did the whole Camilo Villegas green reading thing.
  11. mpeterson

FS: SeeMore mFGP2 Private Reserve Tri-Sole

I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't take the putter I've been fit for out of the bag, so I'm thinning the herd a bit. I absolutely love this putter, so I'd like to see it go to a good home where it'll get some use. Some paint fill needs to be re-done, but otherwise in great shape. 33"...
  12. mpeterson

Happy Birthday, OITW!

In before the end of the day - Happy Birthday!
  13. mpeterson

Club Champion Boston Fitting Experience

I've heard a lot of good things over the years about Club Champion and have wanted to take advantage of their half price winter special, but hadn't taken advantage of it in the past. Towards the end of the season I found I wasn't making great contact at all with my irons. I was seeing better...
  14. mpeterson

Let's get the coach in the right threads for sweep

In case you missed it, there was some big news today: this year the THP sweep has a coach this year, with last year's winner OITW filling the role https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/100093-The-Sweep-Returns-With-a-Coach With the announcement came this pretty sweet...
  15. mpeterson

Honma Beres IS-05 Iron Review Thread

The second part of The Countdown prize package (https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?98536-The-Countdown-is-Here!) that I want to talk about is the Beres IS-05 irons. To me, irons are the quintessential golf club, and are my favorite to test and talk about. I've owned a lot of...
  16. mpeterson

Honma Beres S-05 Driver Review Thread

As part of The Countdown with Honma Golf (https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?98536-The-Countdown-is-Here!), I was the lucky recipient (in Publisher’s Clearinghouse style, no less!) of a full bag of Honma Beres clubs. The driver I have in play is the Beres S-05, in the three...
  17. mpeterson

Happy Birthday emart2173!!

Hope it's a good one
  18. mpeterson

Awful round after a PB?

For some reason, whenever I have a round where everything "clicks", I always seem to follow it up with a real stinker of a round. I shot a 77 the other day, and followed it up with a 91. That said, it was still a pretty solid 91 given the number of penalty shots I had off the tee - short game...
  19. mpeterson

Mizuno Golf Balls

Looks like Mizuno is bringing their golf ball line to the US. Honestly, I'm surprised at the move, since the ball market seems to be pretty tough. Originally thought it was a link to the Euro site, but the link goes to the USA store. 895048514161360896...
  20. mpeterson

OITW, ready for a back-to-back callout?

OITW must be a glutton for punishment - we're playing Monday, the day after his callout w/ ddec. Since we've got an event with a lot on the line, we decided we'd make this one more interesting. So, we're going to make this one a callout too. The details: Course: Hickory Hill Golf Course...
Back