Search results for query: *

1. A

Titleist Hybrid Shaft Question

So I purchased a Titleist 816 25 degree hybrid off eBay- the seller told me that it has a standard length shaft from the 816 21 degree hybrid in it. Titleist website lists an inch difference between these two clubs- so do I just have to tip the shaft an inch to get it to play normal/standard?
  2. A

Looking for a 5-wood (or 4) Recommendation

Forgiving with a shallow face! The Mizuno ST-190 was great when i caught it good but the face is pretty deep and I don’t get along with that. Love the small head on the Baffler F6 but again, deeper face. Ideally 18 degrees or less (or adjustable). Thoughts?
  3. A

Anyone played the Volvik DS-55 ball?

I was looking for a bulk deal on a ball to play this year. I'm not super picky, but I've enjoyed the Callaway SuperSoft and Srixon Q-Star in the past. Picked up a stack of these for around $8 per dozen- they any good?
  4. A

Shaft Tipping Question

I have a driver shaft that has to be shortened by 1/2”. I also wish it was slightly stiffer. Is it worth it to go through the trouble of taking the 1/2” off the tip to make it a little stiffer or is that not enough to make a difference?
  5. A

Golf Ball Help- Slower swinger looking for distance

Hey all, Looking at 3 feet of snow in my front yard and wondering what ball I want to play next year, looking for some help from those who have experience. I have no idea what my swing speed is- I play a regular flex shaft and carry on my good days 225-235 with my driver. Looking for max...
  6. A

Question about iron length....?

If I take my new Mizuno JPX 919 irons down to my local shop and tell them I need the grips pulled, shaft trimmed 1/4", and grips reinstalled - are they going to think I'm crazy? I ordered them -1/4" instead of my normal -1/2" and they feel completely foreign....
  7. A

AJs Sticks

The offseason in MN has arrived. Time to recap the season. For the first time in 6 years I did more actual golfing than fiddling with my setup- and it was great. I have a 4 and 5 year old at home and haven’t done much actual golfing since they were born. Got a membership, new setup before the...
  8. A

Toulon Putter Grip

I was looking for the Toulon charcoal Lamkin deep etch putter grip but can’t seem to find anywhere to buy one. Anyone here know otherwise? thanks
  9. A

Titleist AVX Balls- Fune Direct

Was looking to try the Titleist AVX and I saw somewhere called Fine Direct had them for 41.99/doz. has anyone heard of this place?
  10. A

Looking for a fairway with specific characteristics

Relatively forgiving with a neutral or draw bias 14-16 degree loft Lie angle on the flatter/neutral side It will be used exclusively off the fairway so a smaller shallower head is a must. I tried so hard to get along with the Rogue 3 wood but it was just too big! Right now I’m leaning towards...
  11. A

Comparing G700 irons vs Hybrids

I’ve seen a lot of articles / videos out there comparing G700 irons to others, most notably the G400. I’m more curious how, say, the 4 and 5 iron would compare to hybrids of similar loft? With the hollow body and hot faces, I would think forgiveness would be awfully comparable with a slight...
Back