Search results for query: *

1. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

Totally agree with you!! I can’t keep focused for an hour hitting balls either!! I start to try stupid things.
  2. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

Started yesterday with back to back birdies. Got to #6 a par 3 playing 115 yards downhill. Hit my wedge a little heavy and ended up in the pond. Ended up with double and shot 39 on the front. Wheels fell off on the back. Ended up shooting 44 on the back. Just a frustrating day. My Paradym X was...
  3. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

Have you tried Delta 8 gummies? It’s supposed to be legal and have many benefits like pot.
  4. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

Played 18 holes today at one of the nicer daily fee courses today. Cloudy skies, 20 MPH winds and brisk. This course has fast greens and I hate fast greens. Had 3 double bogies, but shot 80. This was my second round of the year. I wish I had the 4 foot putt for par on 18 again!!
  5. JPR1959

Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

Colored golf balls first came out in the early 80s and they were around for a few years. That led to the bright white golf balls we see today. I like the colors. The divide and Truvis are fun to watch spin. White is too boring now!! LOL
  6. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

You should try The Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain State Park. I have never played there, but it’s a Nicklaus course. The Crossville area has lots of courses for the retirees in the area. I live in Nashville and have never played there.
  7. JPR1959

What golf stuff did you buy today?

I got the fever and couldn’t resist. Brand new for under $300. I tried one out on Friday and loved it. Spider GT Max. Come on UPS!!
  8. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

So close yesterday!! Less than a foot from jarring it from 119 yards.
  9. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

I went to a fitter a couple years ago and got fit for a set of irons. I hit the Apex irons and purchased them with the specs I was given. I played those irons from June until March of the next season. I never got the height or spin needed. I reached out to Callaway, and at their suggestion I...
  10. JPR1959

SeeMore Putters Thread

The HTX is now on the website, but it’s not available yet. Looks great though. If you need a local tester, count me in!!
  11. JPR1959

What is your fairway percentage?

Depends on who’s looking!! :p
  12. JPR1959

What golf stuff did you buy today?

I swore off 60 degree wedges years ago, but bought a brand new Cleveland RTX off of eBay for $107 shipped.
  13. JPR1959

The 60 and over Thread

If you can get a senior discount at ANY restaurant or store, then move up AND keep taking their money!! Hahaha
  14. JPR1959

Should short knockers play faster than bombers?

There’s a lot of factors involved in pace of play. I don’t know if distance is more important than actually being able to hit the ball to the target. Pace of play is also hurt when players spray the ball all over the course. If you have to spend several minutes on every hole looking for a ball...
  15. JPR1959

Cleveland Wedge set help

I have a 52 CBX and 56 RTX. I prefer the RTX. I hit both clubs full and partial. I still like both, but I would rather have the RTX. Just better overall feel.
  16. JPR1959

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I watched several videos of the new Smoke drivers vs the Paradym drivers. There wasn’t much difference between the two, so I will keep my X in the bag. It’s a great fit for me.
  17. JPR1959

Tour Event 2024 Mexico Open at Vidanta

This tournament reminds me of Detroit and Twin Cities tournament. In other words, not very exciting.
  18. JPR1959

Latest Thoughts on Charlie Woods

Who cares?? Let him be a kid. Stop with all of the cameras in his face too.
  19. JPR1959

Smoking on the course

I smoke a cigar or two while playing and usually have them in a holder in the cart. Ash on the green? I would rather have ashes than sunflower seeds or spit.
Back