Search results for query: *

1. Bucketsofjoy

WTB WTB LH Driver

Howdy - I'm trying to help out a kid on our school golf team. He broke his driver in a tournament the other day (not out of frustration or I wouldn't be helping) and being a lefty I don't have anything for him. He needs a stiff shaft and some loft. Thank you in advance!
  2. Bucketsofjoy

Positive Experiences with UST and Cobra

I like to take very good care of my equipment. In turn, I expect it to last. I've had a pretty good track record with damages over my career. Up to 2021, I'd broken only one shaft. It was a no-name graphite shaft in my knock-off clubs that I started with in high school. Broke mid swing, right...
  3. Bucketsofjoy

Can you fix our tournament?

Ok. So, we're deep into 3-man scramble tournaments at our course. That's basically all we have available as far as competitive golf in our area without having to drive too far. They usually have a pretty good turnout, and we are always fortunate to raise a lot of money for the charities...
  4. Bucketsofjoy

High School eSports

So our school, along with many others, have added eSports as an extracurricular activity. Currently, as sort of determined by our state, we're offering Rocket League, League of Legends and SMITE. There was an attempt to offer Fortnite to high schools, but our state association stepped in very...
  5. Bucketsofjoy

Best looking golf club ever made?

THPers, what do you think is the best looking golf club ever made? Feel free to take this category by category (irons, woods, putters, etc) or by generation. Doesn’t even have to be a decent club, or even one that you play, we’re going purely on lust. For me, I’m going with the Bridgestone...
  6. Bucketsofjoy

Why do club companies do THIS?

Sorry for the clickbaity title. #firestarter Ok, so I recognize that club companies are free to do whatever they want to make money (within the law), and I certainly have no problem with them doing so. But sometimes they make some odd choices that I really don't understand. For example: This...
  7. Bucketsofjoy

A more interesting Presidents Cup

With the Presidents Cup being a little lopsided this year, I did my own bit of thinking about how it could be improved and I'll bet you have too. No one can deny that international golf is important to the game moving forward, but the international team just isn't what the American team can be...
  8. Bucketsofjoy

Golf ball contaminated hash browns

Anyone seen this? http://www.thv11.com/news/nation-now/hash-browns-recalled-for-possible-golf-ball-contamination/433510092 I was totally hoping these hash browns were being sold at Costco, but that would just be too good. Also, anyone have any good puns for this? I was just thinking they...
  9. Bucketsofjoy

Starting Over

So I have, in my infinite generosity, gifted you the ever elusive do-over. You now get to go back in time and start your golf career over from where it began. Lets talk about what changes we would have made with the knowledge we have now in regards to our equipment and our golf swings, and...
  10. Bucketsofjoy

WITB - Bucketsofjoy

A little late on this, but that's my style I guess! I wanted to wait until I had some work done on the top end. Ogio Chamber bag, and I love it. Cobra King LTD driver, set on 9. Picked this up from SparksJr and I couldn't be happier with it. The stock shaft is great, but for the record...
  11. Bucketsofjoy

Ok THP. You've got me.

Milestone reached- 1,000 posts! I came here looking for ANYTHING that could help me stop shanking a golf ball, and I found quite a bit more from this rewarding community. I really like it here, I think I'll stick around here for a while! So, if you happen to be the first continental US hacker...
  12. Bucketsofjoy

High School Golf / The Future of Our Sport

Yesterday I got to serve as a monitor for a district level high school golf tournament. I've had this privilege on several occasions in the past, and I really enjoy the whole experience. Yesterday I had 4 high school boys, all from different schools in my group. Their scores ranged from 95 to...
  13. Bucketsofjoy

I hate to be a crybaby...

... but... (thanks in advance for listening to me gripe. You guys get it) So I was playing the exhibition match of our club tournament a few days ago (members tee champ vs forward tee champ). Winner gets pride, and $40. I play as a 14 handicap, and had to play a 22 handicap who also played...
  14. Bucketsofjoy

Newly appointed to commissioners board. Mistake?

Ok, so... I've been appointed to the commissioners board that supervises our golf course (Municipal). Our club pro recommended me for the gig and sure enough I got it. I'm pretty excited about it, but equally nervous. I thought calling out on here for some advice might give me an edge going into...
  15. Bucketsofjoy

Open for suggestions

Currently fighting the duck hook. I'm open to suggestions!
Back