Search results for query: *

1. MPlefty

MPlefty's Old Course contest

So I am playing the old course tomorrow, 3:50 PM local time and I figured I'd do a little contest. Guess my score for the round, and add the score on the road hole and the number of lost balls as tie breakers, I'll send a little something to the winner when I come back. I played my first real...
  2. MPlefty

The dad joke thread

after reading the banter thread the last few days, I figured we needed this. I'll kick thing off: What motivates people to work out in Southeast Asia? The eye of the Thai girl
  3. MPlefty

playing the old course, requirements?

so I will be traveling to Scotland next May and would love to play the old course with my FIL, one thing though, we do not have an official handicap as we are not member anywhere, can we just buy an handicap service somewhere and enter our last few rounds?
  4. MPlefty

Taylormade 760 irons

I just saw this on twitter, looks interesting.
  5. MPlefty

How to Hit a Shank

I'm still laughing here
  6. MPlefty

Why so serious?

why is golf taken so seriously, isn't it just a game? from talks about fights on the golf course to cheaters, and people geting bent up over gimmies, I'm sometimes baffled. I thought we were playing golf for fun, to spend some time out under the sun with friends and family, not to let it ruin...
  7. MPlefty

Cleveland Game Changer Contest

I think most of you know, but this weekend, I, along with 6 other lucky THPers, will be lucky enough to play with Jamie Sadlowski at the Talking Sticks resort in Scottsdale AZ. I will put together a little prize pack from the event and give it to the person who get the closest answer, without...
  8. MPlefty

WTB 2016 M1 3w shaft

I have a 2016 m1 head laying around and I'd like to put a cheap shaft in it to give it to my father in law, he is now particular with what kind of shafts he uses, from senior to stiff, doesn't matter. I could buy an adapter as well if someone has one laying around.
  9. MPlefty

FS Graphite design ad di shafts

black AD DI 6S driver shaft, plays to 46" in my Cleveland 588 custom driver, has the Cleveland/Srixon adapter on it. the club builder I hired screatched the paint while installing it. orange AD DI 7S 3W shaft, plays to standard lenght in M1 3w. has a taylormade adaptor on it. 140 each,* 260 for...
  10. MPlefty

FS 13 lamkin z5 grips

40$ obo shipped to North America
  11. MPlefty

Taylormade RBZ 2.0 ?

I just received a promotion on that club and have never heard of it here on THP, is this a new release? or the new SLDR-C?
  12. MPlefty

Most enjoyable golf conversation

I'm reading the turn off thread and thought it was a bit negative, so lets do the opposite, what kind of golf conversation do you love? what are your favorites topics on the course?
  13. MPlefty

#BellLetsTalk to end the stigma against mental health

Today, for every tweet and retweet using #BellLetsTalk, Bell donates 5¢ to #MentalHealth initiatives in Canada. please help us raise funds, it won't cost you anything but a few seconds of your day 958694354218086401
  14. MPlefty

I prefer golf when Tiger is away (media issue)

this is not a thread made to bash on Tiger, so please don't take it as such. I was listening a some sports radio channels this week and I got frustrated against Tiger, but I realise it's not him that aanoys me, it's the media. Golf this week had about 20 times the media attention it usually...
  15. MPlefty

help me pick an hybrid

I want to move from my UT, or at least have an option to put in the bag for when I feel like I struggle with it, so I am shopping for an hybrid, but most of the ones I see have a fairway wood shape, as I prefer the shape of a TM M1 or Callaway Apex. those two are my options, at the moment but I...
  16. MPlefty

What would you be willing to do...

For this winter to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love winter, but I'm ready to play golf now.
  17. MPlefty

Golf destinations (but not golf only)

I am trying to plan a trip with my in laws, and my FiL and I want to play a round of golf or two, but still have plenty more to see outside of that with ou wifes, we are looking for destination sugestions. we want to go outside of the continental North America, so we obviously thought about...
  18. MPlefty

speed golf

I just saw that and thought of JB, looks fun! I did that a few times this season, getting to the course 2 hours before sundown and jogging to my ball, it was fun! did you guys try that, would you?
  19. MPlefty

Rangefinder display failure

So I borrowed my father in law's Bushnell V2 slope for a round because I was playing a course that wasn't mapped on my GPS. now I remember him telling me he didn't like using it because he had issue seeing the number, I thought it was only a case of an older man not wanting to deal with...
  20. MPlefty

#THPCallouts MPlefty vs TeedUpThoughts

when : Saturday, May 6th, 9:30 where: Serena hickory stick golf gourse, white tees. what's on the line: one round of the winner's choice, top shelf of course. handicaps: Ray is a 15 to my 18, so I get one stroke a side. twist: on holes 7 and 12, I will play with Ray's sticks, and he will use...
Back