Search results for query: *

1. ajsarrat

Southern California Clinic - Sam Goulden Square to Square

A couple of spots opened up in a clinic next weekend November 14-15 in Borrego Springs, CA. It's a really small group so there will be lots of hands on attention. If you've been interested in Sam Goulden's Square to Square swing, you might want to check it out. Just contact him for details...
  2. ajsarrat

pivot driven swing vs. arm swing?

So, I'm in the process of getting a new instructor and have a dilemma. One says I have too much body rotation and need to swing more with my arms. Another says I need to quiet my arms and have a more pivot driven swing with my body rotating through the ball. Suggestions? I'm usually one...
  3. ajsarrat

Faster swing speed with hybrids/woods than driver?

I was messing around with my Swing Caddie SC100 and was seeing consistently faster swing speeds with my 5 wood and 4 hybrid than my driver. Am I the only one? Could it be a problem with the SC100 calculating swing speed or just an old fashioned swing flaw with the big dog? I was getting average...
  4. ajsarrat

Bryson Dechambeau same length shafts

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/smus-dechambeau-explains-his-unique-golf-clubs/ I looked this up in another thread from a couple years ago, but was interested if anyone has direct experience with the same length shaft in all irons? This guy uses a 7 iron length in his 3-W and just won! He...
  5. ajsarrat

Irons Reshafted... Can't hit 'em.

Ok, so after putting in some serious work with the Rifle shafts, I think I'm onto something. I went out to play a short executive course using irons only (with one 5 wood because I couldn't resist) and with the exception of some weird 7 irons, (user error: one hooked and bounced backwards...
  6. ajsarrat

Irons Reshafted... Can't hit 'em.

I had a set of AP1's with Nippon NS Pro 105's with a mismatched 7 iron (S300 shaft) so I went to a fitter who worked on tour for years, thinking I would just get the whole set fitted while I was at it. He watched my swing and ball flight on a range, off of a mat, (range balls) with a launch...
  7. ajsarrat

rife barbados vs odyssey #7

I'm considering one of these 2 putters and wanted to know if anyone could shed some light on it for me. I know I should go and roll them both, but I probably won't because I can get a good internet deal, so.... I'll buy it or cut it to play a 33" and know the rife is 350g and the #7 is 342g...
  8. ajsarrat

Best way to dial in wedge distances?

Best way to dial in wedge distances at the range? I'm really committed to improving my wedge accuracy. I use a positional type of swing (club waist high, left arm parallel, full swing) for each of my 4 wedges and really want to dial in the exact distances for those positions for each club so I...
  9. ajsarrat

Basic fitting question...

I'm in the market for a new fairway wood and have never been fitted. My 3 and 5 woods are old Adams Speedline LP with regular shafts that are too light and whippy. What would you do if these were your options? 1. Independent fitter who has worked with tour pros in the past (True Temper) but may...
  10. ajsarrat

Putter from the bunker?

I know Rickie Fowler is an innovator, but have any of you ever used a putter from a bunker like he did today?
  11. ajsarrat

My (new-ish) 6 iron swing. Any tips would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyCWZzJsPgU&list=UUxjEtr1RqVK9kJNApNkb2uw
  12. ajsarrat

High Handicapper Swing Tools? Swing Caddie SC100, Swingbyte 2, Swingtip, ES 12-14?

Hi Everybody, This is my first post so I'm sorry if I make some etiquette mistakes... I'm a High handicapper, recently reduced from 36 to about 28 (unofficial through Golflogix GPS app) after starting to work on my game a bit. My goal is to regularly shoot in the low 80's. I have had probably...
Back