Search results for query: *

1. kc720

Project X Even flow T1100 white

The next wave from the mad scientist known as Don Brown over at Project x. I gotta say it looks absolutely fantastic! I can guess at the profile with incorporation of t1100 but DB proved I know nothing haha 993560231199330304 Link to see pic...
  2. kc720

Torching iron heads

Decided to have some fun. My current gamers are miura black boron baby blades. I only play 5 to 9 (vokey 46° and tmb 4i) so I thought I'd experiment with the pw and 4i. The pw was pretty well work from hitting balls, 4i was brand new. Stripped paint fill with citristrip, coke bath for 2 hrs...
  3. kc720

Adjustable drivers and fairways. What the adjustments actually do

Not sure if there is a thread with all facts on what the adjustable hosels do, so I thought it might be a good idea to have them all in one place. Please feel free to correct if I'm wrong or add anything I miss. Hosel adjustments: - as I understand it, changing the setting on hosel does not...
  4. kc720

[FS] Tour Issue 2017 M1 driver head 10.5

I bought this from Peoples Clubs on july 1 2017 for $550. Comes with 2016 M1 cover and a brand new all metal 1.5 degree adaptor. Specs are as follows 10.5 stated loft (actual loft 11.4) head weight appx 200g lie angle 60.5 ct 246 Very clean condition, just a few tee marks on the face that...
  5. kc720

Ron Bolt you are officially rolling down hill!

Happy birthday buddy!
  6. kc720

FS: Cobra F7 driver blue weights

I have 2 8g and 2 12g weights for sale $20 each or $70 for all 4 (much prefer to sell together).
  7. kc720

[FS ONLY] Srixon z765 4i and Z965 5 to pw heads

Selling my beloved z965 irons 5 to pw and 765 4i heads. They are currently shafted but I'll be pulling the heads, there by ruining the pretty ferrules. Heads will have clean hosels before shipping, ready to install new shafts. Pics speak on condition, they have minor bag chatter for irons that...
  8. kc720

"What to do with a great drive!"

That's the name of the book and it's an international best seller. It's an absolute page turner and hard to put down. How many of you have read it? Below are some samples from the book... Always miss your approach to the short side after bombing one 300. If you must hit the best drive of your...
  9. kc720

Removing set pw and playing another wedge

I know a few friends of mine are playing a traditional wedge in the pw spot. I am tinkering with a 46° wedge as well. I'm interested in the types of shots people play with a non set pw and whether they keep the stock wedge shaft or install a different shaft (consistency with other irons?) My...
  10. kc720

Relaxed power

I am a firm believer of speed + proper technique = power. I am 5'9" and 155 lbs soaking wet. While I've been blessed with some athleticism, I've always worked hard on proper techniques while trying to increase speed thus increase power. If you look at guys on tour like Rory and Justin thomas...
  11. kc720

What defines quality?

The price = quality thread got me thinking.... How do you define quality? Is it materials? Craftsmanship of the components? Final build quality including qc check? Aesthetics? For me it's a combination of all the above. Also if you order a custom club if it is to your exact specs that would...
  12. kc720

[FS] Project x lz steel 6.5 wedge shaft set

These were ordered from callaway .25" over std in md3 50, 54 and pm 58 wedges. Few rounds and wedge sessions in them, in great shape. Std size lamkin acid green utx with 2 extra wraps. Asking $80 shipped in USA.
  13. kc720

Thinking of doing something fun!

I think I'll do something fun and off the wall. At my course I'm going to play from the very forward tees (whites). Played there until I shoot par or better. Once I've done that move up to blue, stay there until I shoot par or better. Then gold then black. How many days/weeks/months/years before...
  14. kc720

JDM clubs. Have you tried them? Why or why not?

A controversial topic. Jdm clubs. Have you tried any? Do you like them? Why or why not? I love a jdm forged iron. I know the old debate over forged or non forged will be a heated one. Personally I think there is no comparable feel from a pure stuck miura or epon iron. Not all jdm clubs feel...
  15. kc720

Fundementals... Do you practice them?

I've had some terrible ball striking past couple months. Went in for a lesson today and got my eyes opened up on things I had taken for granted. I was setting up inconsistent distance from the ball, feet closed to target line, feet, hips, and shoulders not square to target line. From there...
  16. kc720

Build your bag. One OEM at a time

Let's have some fun. Build your bag from a few oem. All 14 clubs from one OEM, do as many as you want. I'll start with: Cleveland/srixon (because I love the irons lol) 765 driver (from jman's review it's very low spin and launch so I'd pair it with a mid spin/launch shaft) Z65 fairway (I'm...
  17. kc720

How many greenside shots are in your repertoire?

Short game requires a lot of creativity and technical skills. How many different shots can you pull off on a some what regular basis? I can execute (somewhat successfully haha) the following: 1. Bump and run 2. 50/50 carry run 3. 75/25 carry run 4. Hop and stop (requires clean lie and about...
  18. kc720

The business aspect of golf

Companies that are in golf, whether its equipment OEM, courses, club builders or what ever aspect of this game we love, are obviously in business to make money. If not they dont last long, as recent events with Nike and Taylormade show. Being a small business man, I can relate to some of the...
  19. kc720

Top Golf Tour 2016

Today I had the pleasure of playing in the inaugural event. Played with j4u and it was a blast. It is 150$ for a 2 man team to play and they provide some swag. Winning team of each regional wins trip to Vegas for championship. 50k grand prize for the winners in Las Vegas. 50 2 man teams...
  20. kc720

Kc720 WITB

With some updates to the bag, it's time to post mine in this new section  Only changes upcoming is the mini will get some steroids and receive hzrdus red 75g 6.5, completing my projext X heavy setup. Putters are on rotation but I've been rolling the mystery milled #1 pretty well lately Driver...
Back