Search results for query: *

1. Misike

WTB WTB - SuperSpeed Golf Mens set training sticks

If anyone has a set they are looking to get rid of, send me a PM.
  2. Misike

Are Recoil iron shafts hollow? (Re-shafting question)

So, I'm putting a my Recoil 95's back into a set of irons. They have been pulled once, and I can't remember now if they were hollow or not. Like, should I be able to blow air through them from the butt to the tip? I would think so, to prevent the shaft from pushing out when the epoxy is curing...
  3. Misike

Thoughts - Acu-Strike Training Matt?

Anyone have any experience with this? Or just some general thoughts. It looks kind of cool, but not sure if I’d take the jump and spend $60. The turf on the matt lays over to show you what your swing path was, etc.. https://www.golftrainingaids.com/products/acu-strike-training-mats
  4. Misike

Question - Putting a .355 shaft in a .370 hosel

All this talk about graphite lately has me fired up to try swapping out my shafts on my Apex 19's (not the Pro's). I played Recoils a few years ago and really liked them, but ended up going back to steel last year. It was ok, but I'm ready to go back to some Recoil action. I have lots of...
  5. Misike

Kids golf apparel - Good places to purchase?

We have 2 boys (7 and 4) and plan on golfing a lot together this year. They have boxes of clothes and we always give a bunch to Goodwill after they grow out of them, but as we’re getting the spring clothes out I noticed they only have a few golf shirts and no golf shorts or pants at all. Those...
  6. Misike

Wedges and Swing Weight - Do you match with your irons

What’s everyone do as far as their wedge swing weight compared to their iron swing weight. I’m looking at getting an iron set at D2 swing weight, and was looking at PM Grind wedges at D4. Wondering if it was important to try to keep them the same weight as irons or leave them as is. I’m looking...
  7. Misike

Tiger gets his 20th HIO, but 1st in the last 20 years

Thought this was pretty interesting. Tiger hits his first HIO in 20 years. Prior to that, he had 19. Couple other things I thought were cool. He was with his son when he hit it. They were playing at the Madison (super exclusive sister course to The Hideaway)...
  8. Misike

FS - Garmin Approach X40

This is average condition. There are a couple scuffs on the face, but nothing that stops functionally. Tried to capture them with the pic (one by the battery indicator, one by the date and some on the sides). Battery lasts 4-5 days in watch mode and a round of golf in GPS mode. I always had to...
  9. Misike

Hurricane Florence

It looks like latest reports have it possibly strengthening to a CAT 4 storm, as well as continuing east with a decent chance of hitting somewhere in the Carolinas as early as Wednesday or Thursday next week. Any of our east coast THP’ers tracking this one yet? Are they making a big deal about...
  10. Misike

Good place to buy shaft tips?

Where’s everyone buy there shaft tips from? I’m looking to buy a Callaway Dual Cog adapter.
  11. Misike

Moving from regular to mid size grips?

I’m re-gripping a friends clubs, and he’s switching to mid size grips. I’ve always preferred regular, but I actually like how mid size feels, has me contemplating trying them out on my set. Anyone else move up to mid size grips and not look back? Or try to move up and then switch back?
  12. Misike

FS: Toulon Indianapolis

End of the season and I’m switching back to a putter with an insert. Plays to 34 inches, some slight scratches on the sole and a small dent on the corner. I tried to take pics of everything. Also sent back to Callaway to have the top line sandblasted (no glare in the sun). Head cover in average...
  13. Misike

My DIY backyard putting green

About a month ago we decided we'd like a putting green in the backyard. I scoured the web and YouTube and decided it was something I could do myself. I've done many outdoor and indoor projects at home, so doing the putting green didn't seem too hard. Here's some pics of what I've done and...
  14. Misike

Watching Pro Golf in Person - Follow a group or stay at one hole?

When you go watch a PGA (or other live event) do you prefer to follow one group around or set up at a hole and watch everyone come through? I usually like to walk the course and try to see most of the holes, then find a good spot and post up there for the day. How about you? Do you follow the...
  15. Misike

You chose - Quicker round vs nicer course

Asking this because I just had this choice yesterday. My dad asked me to golf with him tomorrow and I have 2 choices of courses. 1st course isn't my favorite. It's not horrible, just so so. It has some holes that I really don't care for and isn't always in the best condition. But it's really...
  16. Misike

FS: GameGolf LIVE

$150 I'm selling my GameGolf Live unit, complete with all tags, instruction booklet, charging cord, carrying pouch, and original box. This is the latest unit that came out within the last year. In very good condition.
  17. Misike

Misike - WITB

My bag, fitted for me at ECPC last December for TheGrandaddy. And I don't see it changing anytime soon. Driver: GBB at 10.5 with Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II FW: GBB 3 wood same shaft as driver Hybrids: Apex 3H, 4H Kuro Kage Irons: Apex CF 5-PW with Recoil 780 F4 Wedges: MD3 56S and 60W with DG...
  18. Misike

What's Your Motivation this Golf Season?

Being from Ohio, the real golf season doesn't really start up in full swing for me until end of March early April. I'm always ready to get back and golf after the winter, but this year I have a few extra things that are really motivating me to get back into the swing of things. I'm more ready to...
  19. Misike

WTB - Women's clubs (starter set)

So my wife decided she would like to go out on the course with me and our 4 year old son this year for some family golf. I'd like to get her a starter set. She's not a golfer, and actually would care about how the clubs look way more than brand (or performance, lol). I know I can get a starter...
  20. Misike

Beware the Sick Golfer - Who's Experienced this?

Being sick the last couple days has me thinking about this topic. Even with a cold and slight body aches, I almost went to the simulator yesterday for a round of golf. Probably would have played well too. I've had some pretty good rounds where when I was coming off of being sick, and not 100...
Back