Search results for query: *

1. michaelb

Adidas Ultraboost 23 Golf Shoes

Was at my local shop today, and they had the new Adidas Ultraboost Golf shoe (spineless). Have been waiting forever for these! Sadly, they only had up to size 11, and I wear a 13. Have been looking all over the internet for info on them, but haven't found anything yet. Took a picture of the...
  2. michaelb

Graphite shafts losing stiffness over time

Interesting debate with friends today. Will a graphite shaft (we were discussing driver shafts, fyi), lose a bit of their stiffness and thus performance attributes, over time and use? For example, say 6 years ago you bought a Taylormade r1 with a stiff shaft, and play 50+ Rounds per year. 300...
  3. michaelb

Lack of casual golf clothing?

Why don't the major OEM's license out or make more casual golf clothing? Maybe it's due to just not being part of "proper" golf attire, but it sure would be nice to be able to buy a Titleist/Taylormade/Callaway hoodie/sweatshirt/t-shirt to wear around. I know TM had a hoodie a couple years ago...
  4. michaelb

The End of the M Family for Taylormade?

Was testing some clubs at the local shop the other day and overheard the Taylormade rep talking to one of the employees in the driving bay next to mine. Looks like after the success of the M family, they will be moving away from it with their new woods like as they are getting away from the...
  5. michaelb

Taylormade Custom Iron Shaft Options

Does anyone know why Taylormade has a whole lot of options listed for iron shaft upgrades, but when you go to the "custom order" section of the site, most of these are not listed...
  6. michaelb

2017 Fujikura Lineup

The 2017 Shaft Collection book just went live. This includes info on the new Platinum Speeder and ATMOS lines (woods) and Speeder Evolution HB (hybrids). https://issuu.com/fujikuragolf/docs/3verb-0276-fjk-catalog-v17-pages/1?ff=true
  7. michaelb

Does anyone else game two driver shafts?

Meaning, does anyone else keep more than 1 driver shaft in your bag, and depending on how you are hitting that day on the range or feeling, go with one or the other? As someone with a chronic neck issue and occasional back issue, I've found there are days that I need to keep a smooth easy...
  8. michaelb

New Aldila Rogue Elite Shafts

Saw this being discussed on Facebook and Twitter. Also found an early review here. http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/aldila-rogue-elite-golf-driver-shaft-review/ Didn't see a thread about this yet (so apologies if one was already started). Seems like it could be an update of the Tour Green...
  9. michaelb

FT - Project X HZRDUS Black 65 Stiff Shaft -TM tip

In mint condition (it came with my Taylormade M2) with a Winn Dri-Tac grip. Looking to trade for a Fujikura Pro XLR8 51 stiff (in equally great condition).
  10. michaelb

Taylormade 2017 m1 Driver - Leaked image

Interesting. I like that they are keeping the name and just upgrading it a bit. Thoughts? Pic via JDSClubs on Instragram...
  11. michaelb

What's your favorite "go to" Driver Shaft

For me, and I'd imagine a lot of people around here, getting fitted for the right driver shaft is as important if not more important than the fancy new head itself. I've demo'd all the usual suspects, and bought several custom shafts over the years (as I'd guess many around here have). After...
  12. michaelb

Swing speed down after hurting back

Hey guys, Played my 2nd round today of 2014 after hurting my back January 1st. I played fairly awful. The weird thing is that my swing speed for my driver was about the same as I was hitting it about as far as normally do, maybe a tad bit shorter. But, overall, my swing with my irons was...
  13. michaelb

What is the best ball to use when you "Loft Up"

With some of the market taking steps towards lower spinning/higher launch equipment (well, at least Taylormade is), what golf balls have people found to compliment these new clubs the best? I've always been a golfer that likes playing with a lower spinning golf ball (Titleist DtSolo and NTX...
  14. michaelb

Oban Kiyoshi White R1

Has anyone gamed the Oban White? I tried it at the store and loved it. Bought the R1 painted version that comes when you upgrade via TM (also comes in the Super TP) off eBay. Can't wait for it to be delivered.
  15. michaelb

Fujikura Fuel vs Aldila Phenom NL vs Aldila RIP Alpha vs Oban Devotion

Hey Guys, Looking to get a new shaft for my TM R1. Going to get fitted soon, but ahead of time, have been doing my homework and leaning towards one of these 4 shafts. I'm looking for something with low trajectory and low spin. I use a stiff shaft as I have a swing speed of 93 to 97 mph and a...
  16. michaelb

Buying a used shaft / changing tips question

Quick question for those that have bought used driver shafts before. Can you just have the tip changed out to fit the current driver head you are using? Would they need to cut it out, thus shortening it or can it just be switched? For example, can I buy a X brand driver shaft with a R11 tip, to...
  17. michaelb

Titleist or Callaway Golf Balls - Low Spin

Hi Everyone, Trying to find out based on others experiences which Titleist or Callaway balls people prefer for lower spin off the tee and long irons. I currently play with the NXT Tour, DT Solo, or Hex Warbird. I like all of them equally, but thought there might be others in the line ups that...
Back