Search results for query: *

1. 9-Iron Man

Thank You AdamsGirl!!

As some will know, it was my birthday yesterday. Pretty low-key which is good. AG and I agreed a while back that we would cut back on the gifts to one another in the interest of saving money. A few weeks ago, she had gotten me the blue PUMA shorts I wore for the dress like a pro contest at the...
  2. 9-Iron Man

Filling the House

A wise man (who's a little Brian Gaysian), once told me that once you buy a house you need to fill it, and not just with furniture. Well today I can proudly say that AdamsGirl and myself are doing that. And we're doubling our fun as we just found out from the first ultrasound yesterday that...
  3. 9-Iron Man

Anchorman 2

News team, assemble!!! Ron Burgandy himself made an appearance on Conan the other night to make a big announcement after a rivetting jazz flute solo: Anchorman 2 has been confirmed. Looks like the news team is getting back together. From what I've heard so far, everyone is coming back. It's...
  4. 9-Iron Man

9I's Lesson Journal

Today (Feb 11, 2012) marked my first lesson. Before I get into it, I'll go say a little about me, my game, and my goals for the future, short and long term. About Me I'm 26 and I've been golfing "seriously" since July 2009. I put seriously in quotations because this was the point I started and...
  5. 9-Iron Man

A Long About Me (aka 9I Guy is back)

This post has gone through several versions over the last few months. It’s been hard to come up with the right words to properly describe what was going on in my mind. I was in a pretty bad place in the later parts of 2011 in regards to my golf game. Overall, I was swinging terribly and no...
  6. 9-Iron Man

Quick Tips to Stop Coming Over the Top

In the meantime, before I start taking lessons, anybody have any good quick tips to prevent your self from coming over the top? Going to be at least hitting the range this weekend and am going to start working on my swing. All tips and hints are welcome! Thanks!
  7. 9-Iron Man

GripIt Rite Training Aid Review

It’s happened to us all at one point or another in our golf game: the complete failure and disintegration of our swing. It’s happens. It’s a fact of life. To me, this has happened a few times now, but none as worse as my latest breakdown. A few weeks ago I had the chance to go play again after...
  8. 9-Iron Man

The Pull

Is a pull just a closed club face at impact or is there more to it than that? Anybody got any good tips to straighten a pull out?
  9. 9-Iron Man

World's Greatest Drag Race!!

This was just too awesome not to share. MotorTrend lined up 11 of the fastest cars in the world to see which one would come out on top. The answer may surprise you unless you follow cars regularly. Not to brag, but I nailed it! :act-up: Enjoy!
  10. 9-Iron Man

Nickent 4DX Evolver Hybrid

Good morning THP, I'm back (sort of). I have a thread coming explaining my hiatus, so stay tuned for that. My work golf tournament was on Friday and my prize for my team's third place finish was a Nickent 4DX Evolver 4 hybrid with a Aldila NV 75 shaft. I haven't been able to find much info on...
  11. 9-Iron Man

Lessons

I have a couple quick questions about taking lessons. Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, there are a whole bunch of threads on lessons and I couldn't read them all. To start off, I suck and therefore need lessons. I'm tired of losing strokes to lost balls and duffed shots. I...
  12. 9-Iron Man

The Dark Knight Rises

I'm all sorts of giddy now that I learned today that the first trailer for Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie will be released this Friday in front of the last Harry Potter movie. OEM, that means you're going to have to go see it! :act-up: And for good measure, just a little teaser pic too...
  13. 9-Iron Man

Western Canada/NW USA Get Together

With it being July already, we are nearing the half way point of the season in the more northern climates. So it seems to me we should all get together for a round or two before the snow starts flying! I'm thinking a more central location such as Kelowna BC is a good place to start sometime in...
  14. 9-Iron Man

TaylorMade, the next Titleist?

A thought occured to me last night while thinking about the 2011 drivers from TaylorMade. Here you have a product that is instantly recognizable as a TaylorMade. In most ways, it is pure marketing genious. Everyone knows that the white drivers are TaylorMades. After all they are the #1 Driver on...
  15. 9-Iron Man

Playing from a Puddle - A Rules Question

I have a rules question. It may be a bit stupid, but please bear with me. Yesterday I played 9 holes with my Dad. Our tee time was at 9:30 and the night before, the course got 2.5 inches of rain. There was water everywhere. My approach on the first hole landed in a huge puddle about 5 feet...
  16. 9-Iron Man

Get Well Soon AdamsGirl!!

Today's been a LONG day. AG has been fighting some pains in her stomach area for a week and a half or so. Today was the third attack and the worst one yet so it was off to the Doctors. A coworker took her and I met them there. We were there for about 45 minutes and then it was off to emergency...
  17. 9-Iron Man

Thoughts on the Swing

My miss was always a bad slice. I've been concentrating on squaring the club face at impact by reducing the break in my wrists. When my swing gets lazy, my wrists rotate open at impact. Yesterday at the simulator of the 110 odd shots I took, less than 20 were sliced. The remainder went straight...
  18. 9-Iron Man

Weighing the Options - Buying a House

I want to buy I house. I have for a long time now, but little things kept coming up. AdamsGirl and myself are finally in a position to actually go for it, however my Dad thinks otherwise. My Dad thinks that the housing in Edmonton is still very overpriced. We would be looking at houses around...
  19. 9-Iron Man

Colored Shorts

The staples of most shorts are white, black, grey, and to a lesser extent blue. What about other colors? Green, orange, pink.... You never really see people wearing colored shorts, although you see colored pants all the time (take Brian Gay and Rickie Fowler for example). Are wearing colored...
  20. 9-Iron Man

Why Do You Carry What You Carry?

There has been a lot of talk lately as to why we selected our current wedge setups. Some of us carry 3+ wedges, some do not. This has lead me to think about why we setup our bags the way we do. I opted to carry an extra wedge instead of a 5 wood or another hybrid. I felt that adding a LW would...
Back