Search results for query: *

1. G

Dynamic Gold 95 S200 alternative.

I currently use Dynamic Gold 95 S200 shafts in my irons. These are unavailable where I live in Thailand and import tax doesn't make it worthwhile ordering in a replacement from Singapore / Malaysia etc. What would be a suitable alternative in my 5 iron. Many thanks.
  2. G

Rules question marking opponents ball.

Hi all, I've had a look in the rules and also a google and can not find the answer. This week I played in a four ball, my approach shot ended four feet short of the green, one of the other player's ball was approximately 20 feet behind me. He was chipping / pitching on and told his caddy to...
  3. G

Unexpected finish to my golf season.

Had a slight altercation with a large 4 wheel drive Toyota Land Cruiser on Sunday evening. He decided that red lights should be ignored whilst driving as fast as possible. As I pulled out to turn right he smashed into me, I have no memory of what happened only eye witness accounts to the Police...
  4. G

Ping crossover vs Ping I200 4 iron shaft advice.

I've recently switched to Ping I200 irons starting at the 5 iron. This is the easiest 5 iron I have ever played, so I am contemplating the 4 iron or a 4 crossover. If I order the 4 iron I'll get it in the exact same specs as the rest of the set. If I go with the crossover I'd also want the same...
  5. G

Bettinardi B.B.43 info required.

I came across the above on the used rack at a local range. Does anyone have any info and realistic pricing? Many thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

Stand bag with decent sized cooler pocket.

Hi, I had a quick search but couldn't find anything recent. I am currently using a older Nike hybrid stand bag which has a large zippered cooler pocket. Its time for a new bag and I want a replacement with a similar sized zippered pocket. It will take a 2 litre plastic drinks bottle, keeps...
  7. G

Garethw WITB

I'm a 100% happy with my bag and for once have no ponders or desires to swap anything. Tapped from my smarter than me phone.
  8. G

Warm weather rain jacket.

We now seem to be entering the Rainy Season in S.E. Asia. For those of you that live in warmer climates what do you recommend for a lightweight, breathable, waterproof jacket. Most reviews I have read all say warm and waterproof, living here a warm jacket is the last thing I need. What I'd...
  9. G

M2 Hybrid first impressions.

I posted a few days ago about having a spare slot in the bag, and a gap between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid plus a struggle to get out of bunkers. I was contemplating a 3 hybrid or a Cleveland smart sole S wedge to fill that spare slot. Instead I booked a bunker lesson to try and cure my mental and...
  10. G

One free slot.

I only carry 13 clubs at the moment, the top end is as follows: Driver, 3 wood, 4 Hybrid then a 5 iron after my PW I go 50*, 54* and 58*. According to Game golf my average distances are 3 wood is 204, 4H is 181 and 5 Iron is 171. My distances over my last few rounds are increasing throughout the...
  11. G

How to maintain momentum / consistency in a round.

I am currently shooting low to mid 90's for the majority of my rounds however I am struggling to break that 90 barrier. I am now able to string 7 - 9 holes of good golf together (i.e. 3 over par through 7 holes). Then step up to the next hole hit my drive and the wheels totally fall off and have...
  12. G

M1 or Aeroburner fairway

There appears plenty of loving for the M1 driver but little mention of its smaller sibling the fairway wood. I am contemplating buying one after the success I am having with the driver. The other option is a Aeroburner fairway. I have a 4 hybrid and it is a like a comfort club for the 180 - 190...
  13. G

Superstroke putter shafts / Bettinardi heads.

When I was in the fitters shop the other week, he had a set of putters for sale. They were made by Superstroke with bettinardi heads. I asked him about them and he told before Superstroke concentrated on just grips they made a limited edition run of putters using their own shafts and grips and...
  14. G

Does a course need to fit your eye?

I've had a brief look and either didn't search the right terms or missed it so apologises. Over the last few weeks I have played a few new different courses some with success some without. I am sure its a mental thing, but when I stand behind the ball and can visualise where I would like it to...
  15. G

Proud Husband

I am so proud of my wife. She first recorded a full round in December 2013 with a very high score. Today she hit her PB of 91 playing off a 23 handicap, gave her 40 stable ford points. She isn't a big hitter and her approach is hit driver as hard as possible, then follow that up with a 5 wood or...
  16. G

Odyssey Metal X Milled Rossie any thoughts.........

I saw one of the above yesterday for the first time had a couple of rolls in the shop with it and liked it. Now I'm just trying to justify the cost of it. Any thoughts, I've never used a mallet type putter before but it felt oh so good........
  17. G

Glasgow Scotland and surrounding areas.

Hi All, I have to head back to the UK in August for a week to tie up a few things. I should have a couple of days free to golf. I lived in Glasgow for 7 years but didn't play golf back then. Can anyone give me any recommendations in and around Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, West Coast up to 45...
  18. G

Thanks vFLASHv

Quick thanks to vFLASHv (Gaston) I made a offer to buy a set of irons from him last week. They arrived this lunchtime in Malaysia. His pictures did not really do the heads credit. Very good condition and dead easy to deal with.
  19. G

Mizuno JPX 850 Driver Shaft Adaptor HELP

I need a little help please. I am trying to buy or find somewhere that sells shaft adaptors for the Mizuno JPX 850 driver. So far I have contacted various Mizuno dealers in the UK, tried contacting Mizuno over here in Thailand, searched online and can not get my hands on any. If anyone in the...
  20. G

Fujikura Shafts

I have a Motore Speeder VC 6.3 Stiff in my JPX 850 driver and yesterday I fitted a Fuel 60 Regular into my BB 815. I do not know to much about shafts but what would fit in between those two? The Speeder feels a little stiff and the Fuel now a little whippy. Average driver ss is around 95mph if...
Back