Search results for query: *

1. malemotives

How's your year gone?

As golf season winds down here in the PNW (Washington), my local play comes to an end this week, as I head for Florida for the winter. It has been a really good, and active, year, as... beside play at my Home Course and winning the Club Championship, I also played in our Area Sweeps League, in...
  2. malemotives

PGA Golf Show

Who has been to the PGA Golf Show? I will be repping my Golf Club at the 2020 PGA Golf Show in Orlando, FL on January 20. My Club manager says I will feel like a kid in a candy store.
  3. malemotives

Florida bound...

Will play my last round of golf... for the year, here in Washington state, tomorrow. Arrive in Florida Friday afternoon... Spring Hill (Tampa/St Pete area). Looking forward to warmer weather. Will also be attending the PGA Show in Orlando in January.
  4. malemotives

Winter Golf...

Where do you go to play WInter golf? I will leave Washington state on November 20th and head for Spring Hill, Florida... north of Tampa / St Pete.
  5. malemotives

Retrieving those lost golf balls...

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get those lost golf balls back? I mean, at $25/$35/$45 a dozen, golf ball investments can get out of hand. At ALVGC we have volunteers who regularly scour the brush and search through the tall fescue, retrieving 100s of golf ball a week. Those ball are brought...
  6. malemotives

Clubs 4 Veterans

David Haagensen... the clubs arrived on Saturday (yesterday). Adams Idea Hybrids are already issued to a veteran (73 year old Army Vet... John) and on the course this morning WITH SMILES. The SV2s and putter will be issued on Monday, July 15, to Steve... a Marine vet who is currently housed in...
  7. malemotives

Grand Opening and a first...

This weekend (Saturday) we held our ANNUAL PURPLE HEART INVITATIONAL GOLF TOURNEY... and we celebrated the opening of the ONLY Golf Course Restroom, in the Country, that will accomodate Disabled and Paralyzed golfers driving their Solo Riders in and out of the facility. Another Milestone at...
  8. malemotives

Clubs 4 Veterans

As a longtime member of THP... A couple of weeks ago, I invited THP members to visit our American Lake Veterans Golf Course at http://www.veterangolf.org or www.nicklaus.com/design/american-lake-veterans or on Facebook at Friends of American Lake Veterans Golf Course, and I asked for donations...
  9. malemotives

Introduction status change...

I have been a THP member and Albatross member for some years, but it is always good to reintroduce ourselves and update our changed status. As a retired Marine, my Home Golf Course is American Lake Veterans Golf Course, in Lakewood, Washington (Tacoma area). It is a unique Jack Nicklaus...
  10. malemotives

The Disappearing golf clubs... oh wait?

I did a dumb thing, last week, as I prepared to fly to Florida. I decided I would pull the trigger on Ship Sticks and sent my clubs on ahead. It was a disaster. Since I sent them by ground, I got here well ahead of them. I shipped them on Sept 4th and I flew on September 5. It's now Sept 13th...
  11. malemotives

SHAFTS: Senior/Regular/Stiff... How did you choose.

Five years later, I still consider myself NEW to golf, although I have learned much. Back in the beginning, my naïveté and lack of asking, had me playing with Ping red dot SENIOR flex shafts. I figured at 68 years old and just starting, it made good sense. A few years later, when I bought my...
  12. malemotives

Lessons.... and PRACTICE pays dividends.

Since taking my chipping/pitching lessons, with our Club PGA Pro, Rick Gerouix, a few of weeks ago, and my DAILY PRACTICE SESSIONS... I have EIGHT (8) chip ins from off the green, and 92% of my following putts are from inside 6 feet. I've gone from shooting mostly mid 80's to shooting mostly...
  13. malemotives

Golf doesn't care!

Golf doesn't care..... If you are playing a long course or a short course. The game consists of 18 separate, individual challenges unrelated to each other, except for their combined scoring. If you reach a short Par 4 in one and 4 putt, you get the same score as reaching a longer Par 4 in two...
  14. malemotives

Milestone.....

Didn't expect this to happen for a few years yet.... it was 1 over par, but, I shot my age Today. 72
  15. malemotives

Kudos.... Glendale Country Club

I want to publically thank Glendale Country Club... Bellevue, Washington, for again hosting Patriots Golf Day. This awesome First Class Country Club hosted 150 area veterans to a day of golf and an awesome BBQ Buffet... including free beers, snacks, and unlimited range ball and practice area...
  16. malemotives

Big Changes at ALVGC this year....

My Home Course... American Lake Veterans Golf Club, in Washington State, is undergoing a major change. Until this year we were under the thumb of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our all volunteer run course, located on the American Lake VA Campus, answered to the Govt Officials and as a...
  17. malemotives

Hmmmmmm, 8.5?

Not sure how GHIN gave me an 8 handicap... nor am I impressed by it. We don't even put scores in, this time of year in the GNW. In fact, the computers are not supposed to accept any scores from course in our 3 state region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho).
  18. malemotives

Mixing up the bag with Drivers and Woods.... to manage some distances.

My new Big Bertha fairway woods arrived today..... so, in tomorrow morning's Scramble I am going with 2 Drivers... a 9° Big Bertha Alpha off the Tee and a 13.5° off the deck, a 15° 3 Wood and a 20° 7 Wood... all Big Berthas and all set to favor a draw over a cut shot, which, more often than not...
  19. malemotives

Swing Speed aides... false reads.

Just for fun, I picked up a Medicus power meter and set it up per instructions. No way am I ready to believe that my swing speed is over 120 mph. So, I'm guessing that this Medicus power meter is a piece of junk. Today's Pro Golfers don't swing that fast.Not to mention that a close inspection...
  20. malemotives

1st of Month GHIN Revision - How are you doing?

I dropped from 19.5 to 17.8 since the last revision on April 15. I expect to drop another 2 or more strokes by May 15th.
Back