Search results for query: *

1. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

I guess it depends on what your trying to clean/remove? While steamers are nice, the real reason professional detailers use them is for speed since hot steam will loosen really baked on dirt/grime fast. IMO like many things seen on the internet, you can get the same results with a more manual...
  2. choppstixxx

50/50 raffles at charity golf outings — WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

I've never won one, but if I did I would always keep it. Between the entry fee and the raffles/mulligans that I purchase every time, I've "donated" enough to justify it.
  3. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

Yea it's kinda the end of an era of big American V8's, right now he's still in the break in period that is computer controlled. Can't rev past 4500 rpms etc. Still scoots with only like half it's power tho. Can't wait til the weather here in WNY breaks to take it out some more. It just got back...
  4. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

Haven't really posted much in awhile, but recently my Dad took delivery of his 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. Got to work on it over the winter to buff/ceramic coat it, it's straight jet black (no metallic) so it was imperative to do. I always say Black cars are great for the 5s they are clean...
  5. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

Something like that will buff out pretty well doing a 2 stage polish. I always go with the adage of starting with the least aggressive method then working up (more aggressive) to what eventually works.
  6. choppstixxx

When you go to the range, what is the first club you hit?

7i every time, then I'll work up or down the bag depending on what I am trying to accomplish for that range session. Usually finish on Driver to get a good visualization for when I get on the 1st tee.
  7. choppstixxx

Bags

It's one item I don't keep multiples of, for me too much of a pain to swap all my stuff over on a routine basis. I usually replace my bag after a few seasons tho as I play a lot and stuff starts to stain/rip/break. Have always gamed either a Ping or Titleist bag, Vessel tho has caught my...
  8. choppstixxx

How do you choose your ball?

Feel and spin off the driver/wedges for me plays a big part. I tend to like the urethane covers too, extra distance is nice but is lower on my golf ball priority list.
  9. choppstixxx

Titleist TSi Driver Review

I finally did some Trackman data comparison between my gamer TSi2 vs. a TSR2 swapping my Tensei shaft between the two. The shape on the TSR2 is different, more in line with the old TSi3 (rounder). Feel is similar tho, however my numbers were not noticeably better between the two for me. If...
  10. choppstixxx

Titleist TSi Driver Review

That is the one reason the TSR tickled my fancy to replace my TSi (just picked up TSR2 head), usually the new models are essentially the same but with the TSi2 vs TSr2 the shape/look is different + the performance numbers i.e. gaining ball speed is hard to ignore. Been putting it thru the ringer...
  11. choppstixxx

Trying To Break 90 Club

Been on a decent roll lately in the 80's, haven't even drove the ball well all Fall. Par 3's have been kind to me and my putting has been steady. I try to not let "bad" rounds get to me TBH anymore, because no matter how good you are we all have them. What I try to do when a round is off the...
  12. choppstixxx

For Sale Bridgestone Tour BX/XS/B330/B330S Balls - Free

**These are now spoken for via JAMKC** Hey Guys, I got these for free as a mixup from my used golf ball supplier, I don't game them so I rather give them to someone that will use them. All I ask is that you pay for actual shipping. Bridgestone Tour BX - 12 Tour BXS - 3 B330 - 4 B330S - 5 All...
  13. choppstixxx

Trying To Break 90 Club

Sorta grooved back in for the past two Fall golf rounds in WNY, shot a 41/44 and 46/41 the last two rounds. For me especially in the Spring/Fall when it's wetter if the conditions are all over the map it's hard for me to get in a groove i.e. hard pan, super long grass, fairways that are a mess...
  14. choppstixxx

A round at Oak Hill - US Open Preview

Great shooting man, got to play the East once in 2019 before they re-did it in prep for next year. Would love to get another crack at it sooner/later. Have two old work buddies that are members, might be able to sneak a late or early round one of these years.
  15. choppstixxx

Trying To Break 90 Club

Been a while, been having a lot of lopsided 9’s shot 50/38. For my game if I can’t chip/putt everything else doesn’t mean Jack in relevance to me shooting lower scores. Have had kinda an off year of putting and has shown in my scores. Feels good to get in a groove again tho. Sent from my...
  16. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

In general most abrasive polishes used for paint correction won't achieve there best results on warm/hot paint. You end up having the polish dry out or break down too fast mixed with the heat of the orbital buffer. I would not waste your time or sanity doing a full paint correction unless you...
  17. choppstixxx

Do we make too much out of our ball choice?

Ball compression number i.e. lower compression balls for slower swing speeds and vice versa
  18. choppstixxx

Do we make too much out of our ball choice?

I think balls are honestly one of the most overlooked items for golfers no matter the skill level. Finding one that is the correct compression and amount of layers that fit you is huge. I have always been a ProV1/TP5 guy for a few years, but the beginning of this year fell in love with the AVX...
  19. choppstixxx

Can you putt the same with a cheap vs expensive putter? Are top dollar putters really worth it?

IMO whatever putter you can make a consistent stroke that stays on line and you can judge speed the best with is what you should use regardless of price. I've used high end putters and "cheaper" ones, for me there is a difference in feel if say your comparing a Scotty to a Top Flite especially...
  20. choppstixxx

Car Detailing Thread

First the "ceramic coating" your dealership put on probably was some type of spray ceramic sealant if it was only marketed as lasting 1 year. I don't think I have seen or heard of any high end ceramic coatings that are applied after a decontamination/proper paint correction that last less than...
Back