Search results for query: *

1. H

CONTEST Win a Full Season’s Worth of Bryson’s Bridgestone Golf Balls!

I want to win the Bridgestones because I currently play Snell balls and wonder if there is anything going on with the Bridgestones that would cause me to change my mind and spend 25% more for golf balls that I hit into the ponds and weeds with discouraging regularity. I played a Pro V1x on...
  2. H

Current fairway wood setup: What's in your bag?

Right now there is NO fairway wood in my bag - Cobra King F9 driver, Titleist TS3 hybrid, Cleveland HB3 3-iron for use as a shorter hybrid, and JPX 919 irons (G-wedge through 5-iron), along with 50 and 56 degree Vokey wedges and an ancient Nickent Pipe putter. Eliminating the fairway woods may...
  3. H

The 5-Wood

I have had a long love affair with my old Taylormade Supersteel 5-wood with the graphite bubbleshaft. I still have the full set, and every once in a while I still pull the 5-wood out of the bag in the garage and park my 3-wood for a round or two, or even remove my new Titleist TS3 hybrid. Some...
  4. H

Joel Dahmen - 58 for a course record

Dahmen (Go Dawgs) is the real deal. He is going to be winning some things. I heard an interview with him when he was asked just how difficult the courses are that the tour players have to play each week. He explained the relative difference by saying that his caddie is a very, very good amateur...
  5. H

Examples of poor leadership

I know this thread is supposed to be about "poor" leadership, but I have a story that I think represents leadership at its best. To me, it illustrates by comparison what poor leadership might do. I worked for a chief executive when I was in my late 20's. It was my first real management-level...
  6. H

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Golfer Guys and Gals; I have pretty much just monitored this thread but remained silent for the past several days. Those who read my previous comments know that I have been most concerned that testing has been and remains a key weakness of our country's response the coronavirus and Covid-19...
  7. H

How old are the grips on your clubs?

Probably every two years on average. It is more a feel thing. I check them over pretty carefully when I hit at the range. Any hardening or slipping in my hands and a grip gets changed. I don't usually change out all at once, probably should. Change the grips on the wedges and driver more often...
  8. H

Do you play better when you walk or ride?

Vastly prefer walking. I am more into the game and each shot. Only recently started using a walking cart, but will ditch that and carry again when we can start playing here at home. Unless we get slowed up by pace of play, my wife and I both walk and play 18 in 3.5 to 3.75 hours on virtually any...
  9. H

Whats the weather like where you are

Low to mid-60's today and for the rest of this week. We got home two weeks ago, and haven't had any rain since. Could have been the best April golfing weather in years. But we're well and safe, so I shouldn't complain. Weed eradication program is progressing each afternoon (chipping on the...
  10. H

Bumper stickers

No stickers for me. There is a Whale Museum bumper sticker on my pickup, but it was there when I bought it.
  11. H

The Red Wine Thread

I put the Amavi back in the cellar (I.e., second bedroom closet) this evening and grabbed a 2017 Ex Umbris (Latin for "out of the shadows") syrah by Owen Roe, one of the emerging stars in Washington/Oregon. It was outstanding with the lamb roast for dinner. Hey McLovin, those are some of my...
  12. H

The Red Wine Thread

Boy am I glad I found this thread! The grouchy old man wants to start an argument tonight. Where better way to do it than on this thread. Wine people LOVE to argue. IMNHO, (not humble in this case), the Walla Walla valley in Washington's Columbia River region will be known as producing the...
  13. H

What's your "Got to go there once a season" Golf course?

Do you ever wander up to Tokatee? That is my favorite "unknown" course in the PacNW. Seems it is Peter Jacobsen's too. The setting is grand and the course isn't half bad.
  14. H

What ALWAYS and NEVER to do to break 80.

Oh yeah! You mean that incredible shot I made one time in my life and now think I can repeat and salvage par whenever I want? It is a lot easier for me to take my medicine if I think I can end up with a bogie than those times when it is obvious that a really big number is in my future.
  15. H

What are you drinking?

Another "Iron Wind" - my own concoction as an "Anchor Down" drink on our trawler. I will have a glass of pinot noir with dinner, and coffee w/Forty Creek cream with dessert (ice cream). Hey Canadian - have you gotten to Forty Creek yet? Best Canadian whisky I've found after diligent research.
  16. H

What ALWAYS and NEVER to do to break 80.

Mine too. Go get 'em Gman79.
  17. H

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Washed the boat. Hey, these days that counts as a golf something.
  18. H

The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

Beautiful lamb roast in the oven, mixed vegs ready to go on, and a great salad. Desert? Mocha Almond Fudge Ice cream with chocolate syrup. Large spoon serving.
  19. H

What are doing during the lockdown ?

Washed two cars and my pickup (again). Now heading for the marina to wash to the boat from the coaming down to the waterline. I got the bridge, pilothouse, and foredeck done yesterday. Tomorrow I'm think of cleaning/restoring the teak and doing some routine maintenance on the engine, getting the...
  20. H

What's your "Got to go there once a season" Golf course?

Four of us, two couples, played Tobiano once a couple years ago while on a golf trip in the Canadian Okanogan. I had always wanted to play that course. Unfortunately, it was one of those days when a frigid northerly was blowing down off the mountains and across the river, probably 40 kph. The...
Back