Search results for query: *

1. Space Bandito

Flying Attire

Prompted by @Junkyard's thread. What are you wearing when you fly? I am usually in a button down with slacks, or jeans, and almost always a sport coat. I like to look nice, but not over dressed. I feel I'm way in the minority here these days. I'm pretty sure @JB once told me he'd ban anyone...
  2. Space Bandito

What's in Your Wallet?

No, I'm not Sam Jackson, or even Alec Baldwin, though some folks say I look like Jennifer Garner. This is not an ad. What do you keep in your wallet? Cash? Cards? Everything (a la George Costanza?) I'm strictly a card wallet kind of guy. 2 or 3 cards at a time, and my Global Entry card. If I...
  3. Space Bandito

Geofencing is the WORST!

I get it. It's important, especially at busy clubs, but these things are so often misaligned, that it becomes annoying. What makes it worse, is when there are "Carts ⇰" signs in the fairways, and rough suggesting a boundary line, only for the geofence to lock you up long before you reach the...
  4. Space Bandito

No Cheese Pizza

Was having drinks with a good friend tonight. He is, for lack of a better term, cheese averse. We've had pizza before, and usually he just pulls the cheese from his slice, and we're good to go. But tonight, when he decided to order a pie, i opted out, so he ordered it as he would prefer - with...
  5. Space Bandito

Owww, My Back!

As I (we) grow older, I can't help but notice the strain, daily, golf is putting on my back, and my knees. I've contemplated changing my forum name to OldandFat, but something tells me the, #overlysensitive, @OldandStiff might take issue. So, how do you combat aging? I've bought all of the...
  6. Space Bandito

Are Young Players Being Taught Slow is Good?

Another pace of play rant...here I go again. Today is a beautiful morning. 4th group out, and paired with a dad/son duo. We should be flying.... but we're not. The son is a high school player. He's good. Not great. But I'm not here to talk about his ability. I'm here because of his pre shot...
  7. Space Bandito

Pure Randomness

Just for fun, I thought a completely pointless, and totally random thread was due.
  8. Space Bandito

Impossible Pin Locations at Popular Tourist Courses

Im having a bad putting day. I'm not blaming myself. In the last week ive come away with putts/rounds in the mid 20s consistently. Today is different. The pins are crazy tough! It's the start of a holiday weekend, and the course is packed. Why would they choose to put these tournament style...
  9. Space Bandito

Your Most Disliked Band (From the Genre Which You Primarily Listen)

I'm sure there are lots of bands you don't like, but what about in your favorite genre? Blink 182 is ******* terrible.
  10. Space Bandito

It's New to Me. (New putter day!)

This thing is an absolute peach! Cartier script prototype Classic 1 1 of 20 So naked. I almost don't want to roll it
  11. Space Bandito

Wes Anderson Films

Currently cruising over Greenland, on 2 hours of sleep, fresh vodka soda in hand, trying to wear myself out enough to take a nap. Decided to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I've seen, but it has prompted me to think about Mr. Anderson's other pictures. I like only one other. Frankly, I...
  12. Space Bandito

Turkish Airlines Lounge - IST

We won't get into the specifics of why I'm here at 430am, but this is a pleasant surprise. I'm bummed my clubs are already checked in.
  13. Space Bandito

Lock Up Your Daughters ... Lock Up Your Wife!

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2023/8/4/23820289/angel-cabrera-masters-us-open-champion-released-prison
  14. Space Bandito

How early is too early for PIZZA?

How many of you eat pizza in the morning? I don't mean cold, hangover pizza, but a fresh, hot pie. Much like ice cream, here it is very common for people to eat a slice of pizza in the morning on their way to work, etc. Pizza places open at 7am or before, and they're often full of people...
  15. Space Bandito

Wearable Air Conditioner? Yes, Please!

With heatwaves beating up a good part of the world (hit 44°C/111.2°F here in Greece this weekend,) this couldn't have come at a better time. I don't know if it exists outside the Japanese market, but I have no issue paying the import duties. What say you...
  16. Space Bandito

Rules Question Regarding Bunkers.

Played an abysmal round today, but it wasn't without its merits. In the course of the round, my friend was faced with a lie just outside of a level bunker. His only option for a stance placed him firmly in the bunker - but his ball was situated comfortably within the rough on the fairway side of...
  17. Space Bandito

Masters Ticket Lottery is Open!

Just FYI Good luck!
  18. Space Bandito

Tips on Using a Stand Bag with a Motocaddy Trolley

I've been using my Motocaddy M3 DHC for over a year now, and can't imagine playing golf without it; It's an amazing piece of kit. That said, is there any secret to comfortably using a stand bag with said trolley? Whenever I strap mine into place, I have to lower the top support as far as it...
  19. Space Bandito

How Many of These Songs Do You Remember?

Saw this yesterday - from 29 years ago, I only remember about half of these songs, but it makes me want to rediscover a few.
Back