Search results for query: *

1. Gus R

What did you shoot today?

You must stop posting these low scores as it makes us all jealous of your ability to go low. But I am living vicariously though you anyway. Thanks for the boost today.
  2. Gus R

Scramble with the wife again. 37-38 75 neither one of us played very well. But it was good to get out and play 18 holes today.
  3. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

4 more since my last post. Now 68.
  4. Gus R

Played a scramble with the wife 34-35 69. Par was 68 it was a nine hole course that is fun to play and I can usually get home in regulation on most of the holes. More fun that way.
  5. Gus R

Played a scramble again with the wife today. went off the back first today and shot an even par 36 and a -1 35 on the front nine for a -1 71. The wife hit her driver long and straight today. 14 of 14 fairways and one over 200 yards. Not bad for a 77 year old woman 5' 4" and 130 pounds. She was...
  6. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

Round 64 today It is going to be 108* Wednesday so we might not be playing or just nine holes.
  7. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

round 63 today.
  8. Gus R

Played another scramble with the wife today. Front nine we struggled with a 41 four pars and 5 bogies. Back nine we shot even par 36 with two birdies and we bogeyed the last hole. Shot 77 not bad after a terrible start.
  9. Gus R

Chipping.....Do you use your highest loft?

I don't use the same wedge every time. Sometimes I use my highest and sometime the UW or PW. More and more I use the old faithful Texas wedge or any club in the bag that is the right one for that particular shot.
  10. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

round 62 today
  11. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

Last week 60 and 61. Been busy moving into our new house and staying home because of furniture etc being delivered. Lost our old home in a fire last September and the new home just got finished. Hope to get some more golf in this week.
  12. Gus R

How Often Do You Play?

Three times a week year round.
  13. Gus R

Have you birdied every hole at your course?

Yes and have eagled at least four of them as well. :LOL:
  14. Gus R

Played with my wife and we played a two person scramble. Monday shot 38-37 75 and Wednesday 41-36 77. Ham and egged it both days.
  15. Gus R

What's your style of play?

I 've been playing for some time and I know my game very well so I play conservative and since I play the same course over 90% of the time I play the same way every time out.
  16. Gus R

HOLE-IN-ONE!!! My first legit one!

Congratulations on the first one. :) I played almost 40 years before my first one then in the next four years I had two more. So you may be looking at a few more in the next few years.
  17. Gus R

2021 Round Count Thread

Number 59 today. Only played nine holes as my wife quit at the 8th due to the heat. She was even par at that point and I was +6 and then I doubled the ninth to got +8. I hate to say it but the heat was getting to me as well. :(
  18. Gus R

I always though the name of the game of golf was apropos Some days it is golf and some it is flog. :)
  19. Gus R

Today we played with two young guys. My wife was playing like she used to when she was a single digit player. The guys were good players in a match play that day. My wife did not miss a shot all the way though to the ninth hole. At that point she told we the heat had gotten to her and she was...
  20. Gus R

The 60 and over Thread

How true that is if only we could remember that each time out Instead of beating ourselves up all day.
Back