Search results for query: *

1. S

Hitting hooks with the driver

Just looking for a little advice. I can't hit my driver to the right. And not that i want too. i would rather be straight or draw. I ended last season with a pretty good driver swing and my season ending hdcp was 6.7. This year, i picked up the driver getting ready for league and i am hitting...
  2. S

Driver thoughts..

From time to time I stop by here to pick up some advice on improving my driver consistency. Love reading the other posts and learning new things. For a few years when i started golf, i was a slicer. After reading, youtube and a lesson or two i have really reduced my tendency to go right. Time to...
  3. S

Face and or head position on backswing and downswing

Just curious, how many of you are aware of the club head position (open or closed) on the backswing and downswing? For years i was fighting a slice and found that my club face was far to open at the top and on the downswing. I became conscience of the face position (especially on the driver)...
  4. S

Driver swing help...

About a year ago, i was asking questions on how to eliminate my slice. Well, i was able to completely get rid of it just by being conscience of the club face position thru out my driver swing. Looking in a mirror, i could see that i was allowing the face of the driver to open way too much. I...
  5. S

Ski boats

Anyone here know anything about ski boats? wakeboard type boats? currently looking for a used boat but don't know much about the brands etc.... or even what we want. Not many forums on these type of boats. Malibu, Mastercraft, moomba, Natique etc.... Trying to find something in the late 90's...
  6. S

Driver shaft fitting question... i am confused

So i went to a reputable fitter as i was interested in the Callaway XR16 driver. I currently have the GBB with the speeder 665 Stiff. I tried the stiff 556 in the XR and my spin numbers were far too high. He suggested trying the Speeder 665 in X Tour Stiff with the XR head. Now, my swing speed...
  7. S

Srixon 545 vs 745 irons

I currently play the 545's and absolutely love them. My current hdcp is now around 12.5. I could get a really good deal on the 745's now that the 765's are out BUT my big concern is, am i getting into too much of an iron for me. I haven't seen or played the 745's since no one around here sells...
  8. S

Short game question...

Played in league last night and am struggling with my short game. When i say short game, i mean the really short game. Like 10-15 yards off the pin in the rough or fairway (not on the green). I am constantly hitting is short as i am afraid to hit the ball over the green. Any thoughts...
  9. S

Great big bertha shaft question (or any driver shaft)

Looking for some help.. I would like to buy a Callaway GBB. However, All i have is a GGalaxy about an hour away and the fittings i have had there aren't worth them paying me. Of all the shaft options out there i am trying to find a shaft that works for me. What would you recommend and what is a...
  10. S

Driver downswing thoughts...

As someone who is struggling with a fade right, and sometimes a slice, i am trying to identify a few minor thoughts to keep the ball going straight. What are you downswing thoughts with the driver? What are your simple checkpoints? The reason i ask is, i sometimes have too many downswing...
  11. S

Thoughts on wrists in back swing..

I have been on here fighting a slice with the driver for the past 8 months. I picked up a tip however that is pretty well known but also controversial in some respects. Looking for clarification In my backswing i am making sure my right hand/wrist points upward to the sky and that my left is...
  12. S

Driver thought to straighten out the flight

I have asked a few questions on here about straightening my driver flight. Still fighting a fade and slice. Was working with someone on the range the other day and he commented that i may want to hold my back to the target a little longer and let the club start to fall before i turn my body...
  13. S

driver woes......

I am just wondering what some of your driver swing thoughts are and looking to improve my driving. Like many, i tend to hit right and need to straighten my ball flight. I tend to get a little powerful with the arms and hands and end up cutting across. I have tried some things, like changing my...
  14. S

Driver shaft profiles.....

I am just curious, does anyone know a good source to find information on driver shafts? (consolidated perhaps) I was looking at a few new drivers and really have no idea how each different shaft behaves. I know my swing, but the choices are endless. And we only have a GG to be fitted at. And...
  15. S

Driver shot profile opinions..

Recently been taking lessons to improve my driving. I have tried 3 different instructors to find my fit and finally settled on one. That being said, he has made some changes to my swing to now induce a draw. My goal was to hit the ball straighter and be more consistent. My old swing produced a...
  16. S

Casting the club (slice)

I have been working on trying not to cast the driver or hit the ball with my arms. Are there any good drills that help use the body more so I quit coming down with my arms leaving the face open and coming across the ball? Also, I wanted to ask for another opinion. IN the back swing with the...
  17. S

Slice is going away, not hooking it.. looking for advice again.

So i have been working with a swing coach trying to eliminate my slice. So far so good, but now hooking it. He made 3 changes; 1. Wide arms at backswing, i was collapsing my right elbow too early, 2. my grip, 3. keeping my back to the target longer. so keeping my back to the target longer has...
  18. S

Regular vs Stiff for driver shaft

Hoping you guys can help settle this debate for me. I am currently looking at a new driver (G30). My swing speed is right on the border between stiff and reg. But usually fitting into stiff every time i buy clubs. However, i am pushing the ball right with almost every driver i own. I have...
  19. S

Swing help (driver)

Yep i am still struggling with my driver and pushing the ball or slicing it right. My swing plane is pretty good from what my fitter told me, not to OTT. However he is saying it looks like i am cutting across the ball causing high spin. My spin was around 4000 with almost every driver i was...
  20. S

Distance from the ball..

recently been struggling with a right side fade or block. I noticed that i may have been too close to the ball with my driver. This may have been causing me to lift my hands/arms a tad leaving the face open. What is your proven setup routine that you for that helps keep consistency with setup...
Back