Search results for query: *

1. N

What are you watching (No Spoilers)

Yea, my partner and I watched it; she loved it, I was like, "eh". I am always fascinated by true stories, though, and this, I agree, was a strange one. Told my golfing buddy about it and he and his wife binged it, couldn't stop watching. Go figure. I am right now in the middle of "Mr. Bates...
  2. N

Road Sign Question

Actually, renaming it "Road" might serve to actually speed up traffic. As posters mentioned above, the only thing people can be depended on to pay attention to is money, and if you change the name then they might think: "Oh, the HIGHWAY PATROL is out patrolling HIGHWAYS, have you ever heard of...
  3. N

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Got to say...first time I've seen a Maybach commercial, anywhere. OK, who's going to be first in line for the new Electric?
  4. N

Naked Gun remake with Liam Neeson

Sorry, every time I walk through Penn Station or Grand Central in NYC on my way to work and hear the announcements "there is no running on the escalators..." I can't help but think of the time in 1980 or thereabouts I went to see the original "Airplane" with its immortal words "There is no...
  5. N

The Most Overlooked Record in Professional Sports

Was not aware of that record either, but my vote goes to Wilt Chamberlain's 50.4 (or something like that) scoring average over a season. If he scored 30 points one game he'd have to score 70 the next just to keep pace. I realize his was a different era, but I can only go by what Chamberlain did...
  6. N

What's the best movie you've seen recently?

I've got to tell you, I never thought I'd like it but got it free so I took a flyer and "American Fiction" was terrific. VERY funny and really so much more than you'd think, the writers did a great job.
  7. N

Electric Golf carts for sale at Costco

:eek: Problem with being real old is that (if you're lucky) you can remember that a Triumph Spitfire used to sell for $2399!
  8. N

GolfTEC Lessons

I had my "evaluation" on Tuesday. Going in I was not expecting much, especially since they had switched my appointment date three times and the instructor, new to the facility, forgot (or neglected) to make the introductory phone call. Had to call him. I was expecting about 20 minutes of actual...
  9. N

I kept my concentration on the show every stinkin' minute and I'm still lost. :unsure: OTOH, I cannot wait for each new episode of Tokyo Vice. Love that show (and, at its core, it's TRUE).
  10. N

I Need This Wedge Like I Need Another Hole In My Head, But...

ANOTHER hole in your head? :eek: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  11. N

The New Look (AppleTV) and Catch Me a Killer (BritBox). Both excellent.
  12. N

Are You Happy With Your Swing?

About as happy as I am with my slow foxtrot, which is to say not at all.......:) Really, I work very hard on my irons. I have taken lessons and spent a lot of time on both the course and range, although I have concentrated more on course because I don't like hitting off mats. I am old, short...
  13. N

Gankas "That's how easy the golf swing is."

Easy. People taking lessons from Gankas are so rich they can hire three people to follow them around on the course and put them in those positions. :p
  14. N

What Are You Listening To?

As long as you asked. :LOL: Led here by the series "Sherwood" specifically for the song "Finger of Suspicion".
  15. N

Tour Event 2024 LIV Las Vegas

That's fine, sorry, I didn't mean to imply everyone should feel the same way. That's just me, maybe it's the music itself, perhaps if they played some Frank Sinatra...... (but not New York, NY, please). :ROFLMAO:
  16. N

Tour Event 2024 LIV Las Vegas

Sorry; I have no problem with LIV in general, can even overlook the team aspect and staggered starts. But when I hear that music blasting out over the course I draw the line. It makes me feel like the tournament is a sideshow being played at a county fair (and I LIKE county fairs). "Pig judging...
  17. N

Who was the best Bond?

Craig, and this from someone who remembers going to see Dr. No back in '62. Probably because I read somewhere that Fleming said his idea of Bond was someone like Hoagy Carmichael (go figure); i.e. physically unimposing and nondescript. Craig seems to me to come closest, though of course he's...
  18. N

Gran Turismo. I'm still having trouble believing it's a true story.
  19. N

Any advice? First colonoscopy

Well, should you choose to get knocked out all I can say is: DO NOT GET INTO AN ARGUMENT WITH THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST (true story). For some reason he was intent on getting into a pi**ing match about academic credentials and.......afterwards, all I could say to myself was: "What was I thinking???". :)
  20. N

New Spam method (new to me)

About a year ago I came thisclose to being scammed out of $7500 (frankly embarrassed to admit it because I fancy myself tech-savvy). Got an email that there was an invoice sent to my PayPal account for some significant amount and I should call 888-xxx-xxxx if I want to contest it. What I usually...
Back