Search results for query: *

1. Jackal

Any exercises to help extend thru impact?

Sometimes after I hit my driver, I fold my arms up and don't extend them. The shot is ok, but the distance and direction suffers. It doesn't happen all the time. Does anyone have some drills to help eliminate this? Thanks
  2. Jackal

Why do some people try to discourage young people from playing golf?

My Son will be 14 in 2 weeks. He has been playing golf since he was 4. Next year he will be eligible for the high school football team. For the past few years the coaches and teachers have tried to get him to play football. He doesn't want to. Some of his friends have already had so many...
  3. Jackal

I've started setting my irons toe-up at address, and my game has changed.

I overlooked this forever. It always appeared that a club should be soled at address flat on the ground. It never occurred to me to have it slightly toe -up. Sometimes my shots would go right, and I thought it was grip problems. Using a strong grip, it still went right. The courses we...
  4. Jackal

Needing recommendations for low price GPS watch.

I know you get what you pay for. My Son will be on the school golf team next year. He is wanting a GPS watch to help with the yardages. We really don't want something fancy with all of the bells and whistles. Some of them have a voice, etc. One that has basic yardage to the middle of...
  5. Jackal

Is it ok to play the wrong fairway?

We were playing Thursday evening. The course was empty. I hit my drive left and it bounced thru trees into the next fairway. It was in good shape, but the only shots were: 1) Hit straight across into my fairway, then go toward the green. 2)Go down the wrong fairway ( better grass), then...
  6. Jackal

Ping S59 7 iron shaft broke under the grip

I was hitting my 7 iron this morning and the last 3 shots didn't sound or feel solid. They were also shorter distance than normal. On the last shot the shaft came apart in my hands. The grip protected me from getting cut. I've only had these clubs about 3 months, but they were made in...
  7. Jackal

What's the shortest par 3 you have ever played on a full size course?

Our regular course has an 88 yard par 3, and another one has and 82????? yard par 3. I've played some pitch & putts that had shorter ones. So, what is the shortest you've played on a full size course. 9 or 18 hole.
  8. Jackal

My driver swing is too upright. Any drills to help flatten it?

My driver has been nuts lately. Inconsistent direction, and weak/high shots. Yesterday, during practice I made my swing flatter and the shots were a lot better. A penetrating ball flight. It rolled after it landed. Was easier to square the clubface. I started drawing the ball. Are there any...
  9. Jackal

How does (your) course deal with sunflower shells and cigarette butts ?

Lately, we have some people that spit sunflower hulls all over the green. There are cigarette butts all in some of the bunkers. Sometimes they'll did their heel in the sand, put the cigarette in, and cover it up. I have been on the green and seen a large glob of tobacco spit. There are...
  10. Jackal

Does anyone here raise your club off of the ground to grip it?

I was having trouble last summer with my grip. When the club was grounded, it would twist to a weird lie from the ground. I started getting weird shots and distances . Looking at some different books and online, one guy suggested lifting the club straight up and out. Do this at waist height...
  11. Jackal

auto insurance going up as vehicle gets older????

I have a 2013 Silverado 4 door z71. When I bought it new , the insurance was $555 every 6 months. Now it is 4 years old and the insurance has went up to $577 every 6 months???? I haven't had any wrecks or speeding tickets!! So what gives? Any ideas?
  12. Jackal

Do any of you miss the old metal spikes?

My Son is 13 and hasn't ever seen a pair of metal golf spikes. I think back to the 90's and the metal spikes. I don't miss the spike marks all over the steps and entrances outside the clubhouses. Or, they way people put their feet on the dash of the carts and chewed them up. I have seen...
  13. Jackal

Ever hit your ball out of deep rough and an extra ball come out?

Last week on a par 3, my tee shot went over in some thick grass next to a ditch. We found it sitting down about 6 inches. It was an NXT with my "J" mark on it. Took a wedge and proceeded to splash it out like you would from a sand trap. When I hit it, there was a strange feeling and 2 balls...
  14. Jackal

What is the correct leg movement for wedge shots?

I see some stuff that says to have your lower body stationary during wedge play and keep your weight on your front foot. I have to point my left knee at the ball (a little) during back swing and shift a little to get clean wedge shots. If I don't, I skull the ball. So then, what is the...
  15. Jackal

Players clubs for high handicapper

I have always thought that you had to be pro or scratch to play players clubs or blades. I have always shot 92-96 for 18 holes. I've been thru 8????? set of irons since I started playing in '94. Last Summer around June, the local driving range/pro shop had some S59 Ping irons. I wanted to...
  16. Jackal

Wondering about dentures partial plate

I went to the dentist yesterday. They started xrays and found a lot wrong with my back teeth. My teeth have so many fillings from previous dental work, that my teeth are crumbling. After looking at all the root canals and bridges +implants, it is gonna be around $13k+. My insurance is good...
  17. Jackal

Are you accurate with a fairway wood?

In another thread we were talking about long par 3's. I can hit a 5 wood around 225-230 yards. On a 225 par 3, I hit a 5 wood. It might land on the green, in front and roll on the green. Also, it could be a little left or right of the green. Do any of you hit a _ wood accurate enought to...
  18. Jackal

Distances of long drive

I've been watching some of the long drive competition. The landing area appears to be super smooth and trimmed grass/artificial turf. They do get a lot of roll. There are some swales the ball has to run thru, too. Heather Manfredda just hit a 313 yard drive with a clubhead speed...
  19. Jackal

My 13 year old Son hitting driver.

I just wanted to share a video of my Son hitting a driver. He is 6 ft-2, 245 lbs , and wears a size 15 shoe. In the video he is hitting a Fly Z+ driver with X stiff VLCT shaft. His ball cleared the trees in the distance, and around the corner. Laser showed it carried around 300+ yards...
  20. Jackal

For those playing an 815 or 816 14° fwy wood. What are your settings and shaft?

I just bought an 815 -14° fwy wood. It will be used off of the tee, and for gaining distance when I top my drive, or hit a tree, etc. What I want to know is: What shaft are you playing? Is the 30g weight forward or back? What is the hosel set at? Draw, or standard? Loft? I have looked at...
Back