Search results for query: *

1. captaincaution

WTB Fujikura Ventus TR blue 5S - Callaway Adapter

Looking for a Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5S with a Callaway Adapter playing to standard length when installed. LMK what you've got! Thanks in advance!
  2. captaincaution

Broken Tees - what to do with them?

I've seen many courses with a little metal cone-shaped cup, or a little wood box with a screen on the bottom, for gathering broken tees on par 3s and par 4s where driver might not be the club of choice. Absent something like that, where do you throw a tee you've broken? Our club posted a story...
  3. captaincaution

Staff Bags - How is this still a thing?

The Tour Caddie thread got me thinking. Staff Bags. Why are they still a thing? Obviously, they are a big walking billboard, but is that the only utility they provide? Get rid of them, and maybe you can get rid of caddies, if you were on that side of the fence.
  4. captaincaution

For Sale Callaway: Epic Max LS Driver, Epic Speed 3w, Mavrik Pro Hybrid, Ventus Blue Shafts

For sale are a Callaway Epic Max LS driver head only. 10.5 degrees with a Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x Shaft, standard length. $150 shipped to Albatross Club members in the lower 48. SOLD Callaway Epic Speed 3w (15 degree) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x shaft. Slight ding where the face meets...
  5. captaincaution

For Sale OWorks Red Maxman S - Lucky 7s Headcover - lamkin UTX red Midsize

OWorks no longer available. Odyssey Lucky 7s mallet headcover. Magnetic closure. Piping showing wear from use. $50 shipped lower 48. 6 Lamkin UTX Red Midsize grips. Brand new. $40 shipped for the lot Lower 48.
  6. captaincaution

Which in-flight cookie?

You've packed your clubs. Made your way to the airport. The cattle have boarded the aircraft. You settle into your seat. You're still feeling groggy after the early wake up call and rush to make the flight. You have made it. You are on your way to your golf trip, with a round coming this...
  7. captaincaution

When is the appropriate time for Holiday music to start?

And why is it the day after Thanksgiving? Who doesn't love Mariah Carey? She owns Christmas. But by my watch, we've still got over 3 weeks until it's time.
  8. captaincaution

Is it an Ace? Reverse par 3 edition

Our club puts on an event at the end of the season called reverse par 3. Basically, you play the course backward, going back towards the previous green from the tee box. For example, you play from the 16th tee back to the 15th green. 6 holes end up over 150 yards, 8 between 100 and 149, and 4...
  9. captaincaution

What's the strangest thing you'll put Ketchup/Catsup on?

If you don't use ketchup, this thread isn't for you. And this isn't a "does ketchup belong on a hot dog" thread either? I'm not looking for encased meat snobs. What is the strangest thing you put ketchup on? Why do you do it? For me, it is grilled cheese sandwiches. In 7th grade, kids were...
  10. captaincaution

Zebra Golf is Back!

I saw this come across Instagram. Zebra golf is back. 4 shapes. Adjustable weights. Not crazy wild price point. I was intrigued enough to click the link, so they've got that going for them. What do you think? https://www.zebragolf.com/
  11. captaincaution

How low will you go?

I mostly drive locally, with a lot of gas stations around. I will usually push it as far as I can. Had a good chance to swing by Costco this morning for cheaper gas, so I was down to 30 miles to empty. Gas light has been on for 3 days. Sometimes I get it to where it won't show any miles...
  12. captaincaution

For Sale Brand new House of Forged Black Diamond Driver Shaft - stiff

For sale is a brand new House of Forged Black Diamond in stiff. Made by Matrix. Never had an adapter installed on it. Length is 46" tip to butt. Weight: 52 grams Torque: 3.5 degrees CPM: 256 This was ordered direct from House of Forged when I received it as a gift and has Merry Christmas etched...
  13. captaincaution

For Sale Brand New True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 4i-PW Taper Tip Shafts

Help me fund my Hideaway Pro Shop piggy bank! For sale are a set of brand new True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. Never been tip prepped, never been gripped, never been hit. Shafts for 4 iron to PW. Taper tip. $200 shipped for Albatross Club members. Non AC members split shipping.
  14. captaincaution

Mud Balls

Have you ever actually had a mud ball? I mean one where the flight of the ball went wonky because of mud on the ball? I've never seemed to be as affected by anything on the ball when compared to pros, but then again, they have superior control of their ball. Until yesterday. Ball was in the...
  15. captaincaution

Captaincaution's Road to the 2022 Grandaddy

Asked about how I was feeling about being selected to represent team THP in the 2022 Grandaddy, all I could muster up was "I am still taking it all in!" I first came to THP looking for course reviews in Chicago and greater Illinois, and the first event that I followed live was the very first...
  16. captaincaution

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day to our friends in and from the North! Canada Day Friday, Independence Day Monday. Sounds like a party weekend!
  17. captaincaution

Course Review Playa Mujeres Golf Club - Cancun

Playa Mujeres Golf Club is a resort-style golf course located at the Playa Mueres Resort north of Cancun, near Punta Sam. The resort has 8 hotels, and is home to the Greg Norman designed Playa Mujeres Golf Club. The Clubhouse: The clubhouse looks like it would fit in just about anywhere in...
  18. captaincaution

$100 Full bag fittings at Club Champion

Just seen in my email that Club Champion is offering $100 full bag fittings to celebrate their 100th fitting studio. Promo code 100CLUB. You have to book your appointment by Sunday the 15th, but you can schedule it for anytime in 2022. This is quite an incredible deal...
  19. captaincaution

For Sale Nike Air Max 90 G - 2022 Masters release - size 8.5 - new

Offered for sale are a pair of Nike Air Max 90 G shoes that were a touch too small for my wife. Men's size 8.5, women's 10. No box, as we are quick to get rid of them, and they weren't purchased as a collector's item. These are the limited release for this year's Masters. $175 shipped to...
  20. captaincaution

Astatula, Florida area. Course recs

I am travelling to Astasula, Florida for a project meeting tomorrow, and I might have time for a twilight 9. Coworker is having dinner with a colleague, and I'm not sure where that will happen. Looking for any course recommendations in that area. What have you got Orlando THPers?
Back