Search results for query: *

1. MaryC

Canongate/Sequoia Golf sold to Club Corp

Just got an email from Canongate that they have been bought by Club Corp this afternoon. This is a big announcement especially in the Atlanta area where Canongate owns over 20 different courses. Sequioa has recently puchased some venerable Atlanta golf clubs and had been investing heavily in...
  2. MaryC

Golf in and around Tyler, TX

I'm about to start to spend quite a bit of time in Tyler with two different projects; one at Tyler Junior College and the other at UT Tyler. For some trips I'll need to fly in on Sundays for Monday meetings. On those weeks my plan is to bring my clubs and play some golf. I know there are...
  3. MaryC

2013 Fall GA/AL/TN/NC Weekend Get Together

All, despite the interest of some there just isn't enough folks who want to have this little get together to allow us to get good deals on hotel rooms or golf courses. As of yesterday we only had seven folks who were able to do one of these weekends. So here is what I'm going to propose, we...
  4. MaryC

Caddy Racing Banned

Kip Henley and Brian Gay both just tweeted that the PGA Tour has officially banned the famous or infamous, depending on your point of view, caddy races that happen at the WM Phoenix Open on the 16th. Apparently the tour considers them a distraction and conduct unbecoming of the caddies. Kip...
  5. MaryC

In Savannah on 2/16 - Looking for THPers to play

I'm taking a long weekend this weekend ( 2/15-2/17) to re-charge my batteries after the stressful December/January I had and I'm heading to Savannah for food, fun, and some golf. I'm playing on Friday with friends who are on Hilton Head but I'm looking to set up a round with some fellow THPers...
  6. MaryC

Prayers & Thoughts for my Mom Please

I've never asked for anything like this before. I've always believed God has a plan. But tonight I am asking for all the power of prayer, thoughts, wishes, whatever to be sent my mother's way. She had a heart attack on Friday. Now we're in ICU because her kidneys are shutting down and her...
  7. MaryC

Converting metal spikes to soft spikes

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this easily? For those of you who know me and played with me, I'm a bit of a shoe horse and pride my self on snazzy golf shoes. I love the old school golf shoe look versus the tennis shoe look. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of the classic shoe...
  8. MaryC

2012 Fall NE/Mid-Atlantic Get Together

UPDATE: Due to some unfortunate health issues with several mainstays to this event, difficult job schedules for several of us, and the low number of expected attendees, this year's Fall get together has been canceled. There will be a Spring Welcome Back to Golf event and there is a bonus...
  9. MaryC

2012 Fall Georgia Get Together - Update/Changes

As you know, Ole Gray has passed the torch this year for the planning of this annual event to me so I wanted to update the folks that were planning on attending or thinking about attending the Fall Get Together with the details and changes so they have time to plan accordingly. After consulting...
  10. MaryC

Hanks! Are you secretly playing my home course??

If so, I found your ball.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. MaryC

Back home at the Goat Track!

Getting ready to enjoy 9 with KellyBo & Ole Gray at the Lake Jonesco Country Club aka Goat Track! Sure good to be playing with my good buddies Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. MaryC

Sending Good Wishes and Luck to Kelly-Bo

Just want to send good wishes and luck to my partner in our Ole Gray whuppin' on the Goat Track, Kelly-Bo. She's having neck surgery tomorrow and I know it is going to suck not being able to golf for the next 8 weeks but hopefully, this will make you feel better when you play. Kelly-Bo...
  13. MaryC

Joining a club in Atlanta: Windermere (Canongate) or Trophy of Apalachee

I'm getting close to making a decision on my new home club now that I've settled in my new home of Suwanee. Yesterday I played Trophy Club of Apalachee in Dacula: http://www.trophyclubapalachee.com/ It was a nice little track with only one hole I would call "funky" but given you have to...
  14. MaryC

Non Laser Rangefinder

I've done a search for a thread about this a few times looking for this and haven't found anything. I'm sure there is so if someone knows where and can post a link, that would be. I'm looking to purchase a non-laser range finder for use on the range only. I have a great app I use on course...
  15. MaryC

Picts I took at my course this AM & why no golf for me!

Topic title says it all... This is Longshore in Westport, CT, where I play most my golf. #8 Par 3 from the teebox #7 dogleg right par 5, forward tee box Looking up the par 4 17th towards LI Sound from behind the green This is why you don't go long on 16! Tough enough up & down in...
  16. MaryC

It's SO ON!! Kellybo & MaryC vs Tower of Power Ole Gray

So sitting at the Mexican restaurant in Gray having chips, salsa & beer with Kellybo & Ole Gray when what should happen.... Ole Gray issues a challenge to Kellybo & I to take him and his mighty swing on for 9 holes tomorrow on The Goat Track. Format: Ole Gray plays stroke play while KB & I...
  17. MaryC

Portugal Masters (Spoilers)

Tom Lewis, the silver medalist (low amateur) at The Open, won the Portugal Masters today in his 3rd start as a pro on the European Tour with a -21. He shot an incredible round, playing the last seven holes in -5. He beat Kaymer, Harrington, and a host of the top players in the Euro tour...
  18. MaryC

I'm going to be a Georgia Peach!!

I'm so excited!! As of sometime mid November I will be living far south of the Mason-Dixon line!! :egyptian: Yesterday, after interviews in Boston, Orlando, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago and LA, I accepted a position with a company in Atlanta. It means that I am going to be hanging with...
  19. MaryC

Playing Golf with Old Gray/DawgDaddy on the "Goat Track" this weekend!

So, I just packed my clubs up for a trip to Hotlanta for one of the two final job interviews I have in the next two weeks (the other is in Orlando) and then heading to Gray, GA for a weekend of golf and hanging with Ole Gray and Kellybo. Kellybo has a little tournament she is playing in on...
  20. MaryC

Fall Golf Get Together for PA/MD/DE/NJ/NY Or E. Ohio

Here are the details for the Fall Golf Get Together: Where: Reading, PA Area When: October 22 - 23 Courses: Saturday October 22: Galen Hall Golf Club (http://www.galenhallgc.com/main.html ) Tee Times will start at 1:30pm that afternoon to allow us to get all 18 in before it gets too...
Back