Search results for query: *

1. P.J.

Strong 3W...do you carry one?

F9 set to 13* Love this option off the tee. Give up about 25 yards to the driver, but the chances are very good I hit a fairway with it. And with the rails, I have no issue playing off the deck
  2. P.J.

"Tube" style light bulbs

That type of light probably has a ballast. It could be that is going out. It's usually a rectangular black box that the power connects to and it's generally mounted inside the light fixture.
  3. P.J.

Golf Performance After Work

Rounds of golf after work are great aren't they? Really making an effort to get 9 holes in a day or two per week after work. Also getting invited to play 18 with some guys every other week or so. Looking back at my rounds I've started to see a trend plus I'm feeling it this morning. My 9...
  4. P.J.

Playing Through

After seeing the thread about slow play I had a thought about the aspect of playing through. Pace of play is a major issue in our sport and tons of ideas are out there in an effort to speed up play. Obviously faster play by all groups would be ideal but I've never seen courses publicize a...
  5. P.J.

2017 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Review Thread

Good Evening THP I've been able to read dozens upon dozens of reviews from the greats of THP. I'll do my best to provide as solid a review as my predecessors. About Me: I'm a 6-1, 29 year old, male with a handicap around 8. The typical action I see with a golf ball is a cut off the tee, a...
  6. P.J.

Preferred Tee Time

Always wondered what the preferred tee time was for most people. Price seems to suggest demand is the early morning hours. I myself actually prefer the afternoon. Seems to be fewer people, fees are cheaper, and in general it's warmer. Also, my wife prefers playing when there are fewer...
  7. P.J.

Shot Scope

Been a while since I posted last. Lots of life changes lately, but beginning to calm down. Reading through the PGA show info something caught my eye. I've long wanted one of the analysis systems (Game Golf, Arccos) and still may get one or the other. But Shot Scope looks like a really clean...
  8. P.J.

2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Alright folks. Here's what you'll see to start your round with 40 plus people standing behind you... Will have more later when I get home. They got about 7 or 8 inches of rain the last couple days. They only had 10 holes open today. Even more rain next week. To be honest the course is in...
  9. P.J.

FS: Swingbyte 2.0

I have a Swingbyte 2.0 I've used about a dozen times or so. Really enjoy it and really like the data it gives on the swing. Just don't use it enough to justify the price I spent. Looking for $115. Let me know if you have any questions
  10. P.J.

FS/FT: LH 913H 19* Stiff Hybrid

Hello again THP I've got a 913H 19* Hybrid available. It's seen about 20 rounds and several range sessions. It has a Diamana S+ 82 shaft (The legit one, not a made for titleist one). Also including head cover but can't include the wrench. Tour Velvet grip is in good condition. Typical face...
  11. P.J.

FS: RH Ladies 11 Piece Set

Hey THP, first marketplace listing so help me out mods if I mess something up... Up for sale today is a used set of ladies golf clubs from Founders Club. They have about 30 rounds plus some range time used on them. Not anything special but would be a good set for a lady to learn the game...
  12. P.J.

Mental Approach Shot Checklist

Sorry if there’s a thread on this already, but I was curious how THPers went through their pre shot routine specifically for approach shots. For example, you’re 138 yards from the pin; what are the factors you take into account that add or subtract effective distance and help you select the...
  13. P.J.

The future of Irons and their lofts

First time starting a thread, but I figure most everyone has an opinion about the subject. Sorry if it’s already been thoroughly discussed. So first off, this is NOT debating whether strengthening the lofts of irons is good for golf or not. I have no problem one way or the other. I simply...
Back