Search results for query: *

1. rbarthle17

Hello again

Golf hasn't been the same without you guys and gals in it. So I thought I'd fix that! Hope all is well with everyone.
  2. rbarthle17

fairway divots

There has been plenty of talk on here about fairway divots. I agree with the idea that free relief should be gotten from them, as they are man made. But one thing I do wonder is how often would a change to this rule actually help us? How often do people find themselves in a fairway divot...
  3. rbarthle17

FS: SkyTrak personal launch monitor

I am selling my SkyTrak launch monitor that I have owned for over 1 1/2 years. This unit is in GREAT condition. Included with the bundle is the following: SkyTrak Unit USB cable Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) shield (protects from shanks and rebounds!) - $100 value Selling price is...
  4. rbarthle17

What came first, Ace or Eagle?

Curiosity poll here. I have had neither, but have come closer to an ace than to an eagle.
  5. rbarthle17

VR Golf

The folks who run The Golf Club have introduced Virtual Reality golfing! I have never used a VR system before but watching this video what they have done is pretty amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpayX-0S84w
  6. rbarthle17

Tech vs. fittings

Anyone following along in the Grandaddy thread has seen a common theme, Team THP is killing it with the secret 2017 Callaway drivers they got. But they also got professionally fit from a world class fitting group and the ECPC. The question is, how would you allocate the percentage for each of...
  7. rbarthle17

How often do missed fairways end up as a GIR?

My tee game is a well documented disaster. I'll go entire rounds without a FIR some times. Even backing down clubs doesn't help many times. Because most courses I play are tree lined, I end up losing any real shot at having a birdie putt. I would guess that if even 5% of my missed fairways ended...
  8. rbarthle17

#THPCallOut - Grins, come out and get your whoopin!

It's on like Donkey Kong! Jeff and I have played a couple of times in the past, including as part of competing twosomes in the 2013 MI/OH Shootout. Now it's time to take this solo! Date and Location: This will happen in one of the three rounds of the April 30/May 1 NE Ohio outing. Info on that...
  9. rbarthle17

When do your expectations for your game change?

I have been working hard to find my swing, something consistent that I know what it does and can repeat. And about a month ago, some things started clicking for me. Granted, this is all hitting indoors with a SkyTrak or a simulator telling me the end result, but I have been consistently hitting...
  10. rbarthle17

Top end gapping question

I have a big gap on the top end of my bag. My 14° 3 wood is for 250+ both off the tee and off the deck. My 18° hybrid maxes out at 220. On my home course there are at least 3 shots a round that need to be in the 230-240 range, mainly due to running out of room (go too long and it's a water ball...
  11. rbarthle17

help me with the Callaway Optifit adapter settings please

I just got the Mini 1.5 14°, I took it out on the course yesterday. I really like it but the ball was launching way too high, it killed any roll that was available for me. I want to set it to -1° but keep it neutral. How exactly should that be done? I don't have a manual for it. Thanks!
  12. rbarthle17

I played with a pro golfer yesterday

My home course is hosting a mini tour event today, the Toledo Open. Yesterday, I went out in the evening and was paired with one of the participants who was getting a practice round in (along with most of the field, it seemed). His name is Wes Gates, and he is 2 years removed from playing...
  13. rbarthle17

"If ____ IS GREAT, look out personal best!"

Really enjoying the answers to the first thread on what is the part of the game you cannot afford to lose. Now let's flip it around and go positive. Assume a normal day for you otherwise. Nothing about your game is worse than usual. What is the one part of your game that, if it's really on, you...
  14. rbarthle17

"If ____ isn't working, my round is toast!"

Fill in the blank. What is the one part of your game that, if it's not working, you have no hope for a good score? What can you not overcome if it runs away from you for a round? For me it's wedges inside 30y. My GIR is not overly good so I need that part of my short game to be on point to keep...
  15. rbarthle17

WTB/WTTF - PM Grind 64° RH

Anyone selling one of these? If so let me know asking price. If trading, I have TM Tour Preferred ATV grind 54° and 58° wedges, an SLDR mini 12°, 6 blue UTx grips and 3 black UTx wrap grips, and a dozen 2015 e7 balls. Photos available on request.
  16. rbarthle17

Hitting Provisionals

In talking in the "One Rule Change" thread, a lot was mentioned of changing the stroke and distance rule. It got me to thinking if being more liberal with hitting provisionals wouldn't solve some of the pace of play issues. I think it would. If you have any question about the location of your...
  17. rbarthle17

Why did you choose a private club?

So this may just be me scratching an itch, but I am still in search of a true "home" course. I have tried all the public courses in the immediate area, and while I enjoy all of them none of them have that "home" feel to me. Basically I play them more out of convenience than anything else. There...
  18. rbarthle17

The one tip that clicked for you?

We are all unique. And as such I have come to believe that different tips or drills work better for us than others do, and tips that work better for others may not work for us. But I also think that we all may have that one tip or drill that just clicked for you. I know I have. Mine comes from...
  19. rbarthle17

Rob's Lessons in golf balls

This thread will serve to cover my journey to learning the differences in golf balls. About me: I have been playing golf for almost 20 years, but only seriously for the last 5. I am a mid-handicap. I shoot mostly in the 80s now. The strength of my game is iron play. I know my full swing carry...
  20. rbarthle17

WTB - single golf balls

I would like to conduct my own golf ball test with my SkyTrak. I normally game e7 and e6s, but last round I played the B330-RX and was surprised how similar it seemed to perform off the tee, with a softer feel. I still have one of those left, but I'd like to try some others. Problem is I don't...
Back