Search results for query: *

1. Daddio

What accessory(ies) have you lost on the course?

Realized I left my cell phone in cart once when I was already a half hour into drive home. Fortunately was still in the cart after U Turn. Understandably the extra hour pissed off the guy carpooling with me but he was such a baby about it he wouldn't even call the course to check. So once I...
  2. Daddio

Slow play perspective ... 75 years ago

I know and I look at it from the other side. If 3 hours was expected pace by the very best playing in their most important events why in hell shouldn't we expect 3 hours (or less) today playing our casual everyday rounds? Sub 3 hours norms should be even easier nowadays but mostly a pipe...
  3. Daddio

Slow play perspective ... 75 years ago

Just opened an old book our head pro lent me last week as he was prepping to leave for Augusta later that day: 'Thirty Years of Championship Golf' - Gene Sarazen. I'd purchased several copies of his recently released book on Horton Smith as gifts and he thought I'd be interested in reading...
  4. Daddio

2024 Eagle Count

Apologies for the detailed post but odds are the eagle I got earlier this year will be the only one in '24. Short DLL P4 4th at Rivercut, (my home course). Blind squirrel finds a nut kind of thing. Not a shot I'd normally even attempt but for the circumstances. We had a 6/6/6 component to...
  5. Daddio

What is the hardest shot in golf?

OUCH :beat-up: One time, decades ago, I played a wedge off of a cactus. There'll never be a second time. It was a low one with a zillion small barbed spines. At least 100 of those drew blood.
  6. Daddio

What is the hardest shot in golf?

Scariest would be the next wedge/short iron following a sh@nked wedge/short iron. Toughest are 50 yard 'greenside' bunker shots. Especially if need to carry other bunkers and water/oob long.
  7. Daddio

Finish this Sentence

potentially beneficial ... sometimes not.
  8. Daddio

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

There is no logical case to be made IMO. 4 hours should be way more than enough time for any 4some to play a casual round. Used to be able to count on it but golfers continue to play slower and slower every year. Lucky that things are a little better around here than in some other locales...
  9. Daddio

2024 Official Birdie Counter

Made five birds in my last three rounds. Surprising since played like garbage those rounds otherwise (16 doubles or worse). 32 birdies / 1 eagle / 35 rounds.
  10. Daddio

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

If forced to bet, we'd all pretty much opt for the 10 foot putt vs a 130 yard ... or 30 yard shot too though right? Pros do everything better.
  11. Daddio

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

Turned 69 last week. Never was long but worked to add @20mph CHS when I returned to golf following an 18 yr hiatus at 58. Peaked when I was 62/63 but have been steadily losing speed since, especially last 2 years. In my head I still think I'm much younger than my creaky old ass reminds me of...
  12. Daddio

OOB and border fences?

Thanks guys. So completely across private property edge to be OOB? Like a puck and a goal line?
  13. Daddio

OOB and border fences?

Follow up to the recent complete relief thread. It's often possible to get a club on a ball and bump it out from under the fencing bordering my home course (see below). Bottom rail is maybe a foot above the ground and wood is @5" thick for reference. I've seen people bump their balls out from...
  14. Daddio

Where is your game?

I've been looking for it for a few months. Playing frequently and not hitting it that awful but just not scoring as well as I should be. Way more doubles and worse than I'm used to making. Had a round >100 for 1st time in decades recently. We had a real small group last time out (just 7...
  15. Daddio

Do You Care Which Tees You Play?

I'd be flexible but ultimately it would depend upon who and maybe also on how much movement. I honestly can't remember if I've ever opted to not play a set of tees if a playing partner preferred something different than me. Differences in scoring from various tees is just so course dependent.
  16. Daddio

Complete "Complete Relief"?

Interesting thread. I'm not sure if we have a similar 'local rule' providing swing relief from our low decorative fences or not. They form the boundaries for the few back 9 holes that wind through neighborhoods.
  17. Daddio

GHIN… I don’t get it

Your cap is based off the course/tee ratings and slopes; not par. The scores it used (best 8 of 20) were likely from slightly harder than average courses/teeboxs. Also, if you're prone to a few real big blowup holes, those get reduced prior to calculation. So that 92 you shot might actually...
  18. Daddio

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

Should be waaay less than 4 hours and fortunately most are under 4 around here but golf continues to trend longer and longer.
  19. Daddio

Even Numbered Handicaps?

For the past couple years my profile HC has just been the one the guy who runs our larger skins group gives me. He updates them after every group round but they're always whole numbers. I believe it's the applicable course HC for whatever course/tees we play next because sometimes it'll change...
Back