Search results for query: *

1. JohnWhirl

Standard Shoe Wrench Sizing?

I just picked up a couple of pairs of Nike LC4's which have the Champ Zarma spikes with Tour Lok threads. Just for curiosity's sake, I tried to remove one of the spikes with my SoftSpikes wrench, and the 2 pin attachment didn't fit in the Zarma spikes. The spacing on the spike was narrower than...
  2. JohnWhirl

WTB Stiff Driver Shaft with Cobra MyFly8 adapter.

I think it's time to experiment going to a stiff flex driver shaft for the Fly-Z+. I'm open to any make or model shaft as long as it has a MyFly8 tip installed. My budget right now is $40 or less. If all else fails I'll pick up a stock shaft from GlobalGolf via eBay, but wanted to see what...
  3. JohnWhirl

Stiffer tip driver shaft recommendations!

Hey all! I've been playing a Cobra Fly-Z+ driver this year. In addition to some tweaks in my setup and tempo, I've seen some awesome distance gains, as well as a much higher ball flight than I've ever had before, and I have the head set at 9* with the weight back. The problem I'm running into is...
  4. JohnWhirl

Demo/Fitting Wedge Head Install?

I'm constantly looking on eBay for good deals on Wedges and I've come across several listings for DEMO/Fitting Club heads. Here's an example:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-588-RTX-CB-Black-Pearl-Wedge-Golf-Club-60-Degree-Demo-Head-/182564538717?hash=item2a81b1c95d:g:Y14AAOSww9xZD3Ug Is there...
  5. JohnWhirl

Cobra Connect Sweepstakes!

This came through the email today! Good luck! http://www.cobragolf.com/connect-sweepstakes?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Enter+Now&utm_content=Enter+to+Win+Big+with+COBRA+CONNECT&utm_campaign=Connect+Sweepstakes (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER All expense paid trip for the winner and a...
  6. JohnWhirl

Cleveland Rtx 2.0 RTG W Sole Wedge

I did some searching (both here and through the rest of the Googleverse) and I couldn't find much as far as opinions on these wedges. Does anyone have any experience with these particular wedges? How quickly do they rust? How does the W sole compare to a more traditional sole? The one I'm...
  7. JohnWhirl

Cheap Blackout Putter Shaft Idea?

Hey all! I had a quick idea that I'm considering trying out for my putter. It currently has a steel shaft, but I think it could look awesome with a blacked out shaft. At this point in time I don't really want to go with replacing the shaft, so I was curious about using black Heat Shrink Tubing...
  8. JohnWhirl

Hybrid Shaft Recommendations

So I took the plunge last night and ordered a 4 & 5 Adams TightLies hybrid from RBG. It was kind of hard to pass up 2 new hybrids for $55 shipped. The problem is that the 5 was only available in a Senior flex, which will be way too light for me. I have R flex in all my Woods, and Uniflex iron...
  9. JohnWhirl

Puma Clothes in the Dryer

I currently have 2 Puma shirts, and just got a pair of shorts, and I love the fit, quality, style, and function, but I've come upon a question. On all the labels, it says not to put them in the dryer, so I haven't, but I'm curious... How many of you use the dryer with your Puma gear? Have you...
  10. JohnWhirl

My Friday Project...A DIY Hitting Net & Mat

I've been contemplating buying a hitting mat to save my lawn, and a net to hit into, because I was getting tired of chasing balls into the field behind my house. Then I had a revelation, what if I could build one? So I decided to do some web searching to see if there have been any success...
  11. JohnWhirl

WTB: Cobra Fly-Z or Bio Cell 5-7 Wood (Regular Flex)!

As the title states, I'm looking for a Cobra Fly-Z or Bio Cell 5-7 wood in Regular flex. I would love to find an Orange one (to match my driver!), but I'm good with any of the other colors! Budget is $55 or less! Thank you!!
  12. JohnWhirl

FS/FT Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver Head & Champ Stinger Spikes

After trying the Bio Cell+ out for a few months, I have decided it isn't for me, and I went back to the old gamer, so it's time for this find a new home. The head is in great condition and comes with the headcover, wrench, & screw. We'll start this at $55 Shipped Priority Mail (US Only) or best...
  13. JohnWhirl

FS: BNwT UA 36/34 Pants & Izod Golf 1/4 Zip

For sale today I have a brand new pair of Under Armour pants. They are Red with pinstripes, and size 36/34. I bought these with intention of getting them tailored to fit, but have since realized the red was too flashy for me! $XXXX. Next up is a light blue Izod Golf 1/4 Zip, size Large. I...
  14. JohnWhirl

The Memorial Practice Rounds - What to Expect?

Hey everyone! I'm really excited to be able to go to 2 days worth of practice rounds at The Memorial next week! This is my first PGA Tour event experience, and I'm just curious what your experiences have been either at The Memorial or other PGA Tour events. Do you have any advice or tips for a...
  15. JohnWhirl

WTB: TaylorMade R1 Wrench

Looking for a TM R1 wrench. Would like to spend $5 (shipped) or less thanks!
  16. JohnWhirl

Golf Pride NDMC Removal

Hey all! I've got a new Cobra Tour Trusty wedge that I haven't gamed yet because my hands do not get along with the NDMC grips. I want to remove but save the grip. How would you recommend doing this? Has anyone had success with mineral spirits & an air compressor? Thanks for the help!
  17. JohnWhirl

2nd Swing Golf's Augusta, GA Contest!! (Scotty Camerons, Ping G Irons, SM6 Wedges)

This came through the email this afternoon! Tons of sweet prizes up for grabs! https://www.2ndswing.com/t-augusta-georgia-contest.aspx
  18. JohnWhirl

FS/FT! Brand New Nike Speed Stripe Golf Belt sz 36

Up for sale today is a Black/Volt Nike Speed Stripe Golf belt, size 36. I purchased this thinking that the buckle would be removable (it's attached) and that it would fit. It's too small for me to keep, so I wanted to pass it along to someone who will be able to use it! It will fit someone with...
  19. JohnWhirl

Course Recommendations in Anderson, SC

Hey Everyone! I'm heading to Anderson, SC for a conference in a couple of weeks. We've got a free morning before we have to come back to the MidWest, so one of my coworkers and I are planning to get in a round of Golf. We're staying within 15 miles of The Walker Course at Clemson, and that is...
  20. JohnWhirl

Belt recommendations please!

Hey THP! I'm looking for some recommendations for a 1.5" leather (or other material) golf belt, that I can use with my new Nike buckles. I'm open to any brands, but looking for high quality (read durable & long lasting) belts that have the ability to change buckles. Thanks a ton!
Back