Search results for query: *

1. Clutch42

Callaway Distance Fitting

Has anyone used the Callaway distance fitting? I was looking at irons on Callaway's website and I noticed the distance fitting by phone option. I'm kinda interested in it and was wondering if anyone has used it yet. I've had friends go for fittings at local the Golf Galaxy with mixed results so...
  2. Clutch42

Alignment aids on golf balls

How many use the alignment aid or draw one yourself on your golf ball? I've never used one before, I always place the ball with nothing showing while putting, I thought it would be too distracting, but I've been toying with the idea of using the lines on the ball or adding my own. I've been...
  3. Clutch42

Top Speed Golf

Has anyone checked out or been a member of the Top Speed Golf website? When I was looking for reviews on the SuperSpeed golf system I came across one of their videos and he was using the SuperSpeed Golf clubs. Some of his other videos had some really good instructions and drills for increasing...
  4. Clutch42

Heading to Caledonia and True Blue!

I just booked my golf trip to Pawleys Island to play Caledonia and True Blue at the end of March and I''m pumped! I haven't been back since I was a member of Team441 at #TheCup, that was probably the most fun I've ever had playing golf and the courses were outstanding. They guys I play with have...
  5. Clutch42

Back again!

I haven't been around much this past summer, but I'm ready to get back in the thick of things! Between going through a buyout of the company I work for and some serious family issues, I haven't had a lot of time to post. I've tried to stay caught up on things and just went through the Grandaddy...
  6. Clutch42

How confident are you in greenside bunkers?

Just like the title states, how confident are you getting up and down from greenside bunkers? I've struggled in them in the past, but as of late, I'm feeling more comfortable. I'm still not the best, but I'm making progress. How about you?
  7. Clutch42

What's holding you back?

We all have that one aspect of our game that keeps us from setting a new personal best or dropping our handicaps. It could be time, a club you just can't hit or all in your head. What's holding you back from reaching your goals? Mine is inconsistent iron play, I'll have a month where my ball...
  8. Clutch42

What do you bring to a team event?

JB had a thread earlier about are you a good teammate and itgot me to wondering, what skill set do you bring to a team event, what do youdo well on the course that you think would be valuable in a team event? Me, I believe I’m a decent pressure putter, I’m not saying I make everything, but with...
  9. Clutch42

Playing without a glove.

How many THPers play without a glove? I've been toying with the idea of ditching a glove this year because I'm going through so many this year with the heat and humidity and wanted to see what everyone else thinks. If you don't play with a glove is there a certain grip on your clubs you like the...
  10. Clutch42

What yardage?

I'm not a long hitter, so around 6100-6500 yards feels comfortable to me, sometimes I will stretch it out to 6800 depending on the course. How about you, what yardage do you like to play?
  11. Clutch42

Pick one instructor

You have a choice to pick any of the top golf instructors you want, and spend the day with him one on one. Who would you pick and why? For me, I would pick Martin Hall from School of Golf, on the golf channel. I just like the way he explains things and he seems like he would be a patient teacher.
  12. Clutch42

How has THP helped your game?

I was thinking about this the other night. Before finding THP, I played with my regular foursome at the same couple of courses, my game was just so-so. But after finding THP, my game has improved so much, from conversation on the forums, to getting out and playing with new people at different...
  13. Clutch42

Chasing the Quick fix.

I went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to try some putters and it got me to thinking, do we rely on equipment too much to fix our game. I was trying different putters and nothing just felt right to me, but when I started focusing on my setup and and making a smooth stroke, I was draining putts with...
  14. Clutch42

Hello again!

I just wanted to say Howdy to everyone again. I've been away from THP for a few months to take care of some family issues but I'm back and I'm looking forward to a new year on THP!
  15. Clutch42

Wide brim golf hats

Yesterday I went to the doctor and had a place removed on my ear that was skin cancer. I now really have to be careful in the sun and was thinking about wearing one of those straw golf hats ( my brother calls them old men hats ). I was wondering if anyone wears one or had any suggestions on a...
  16. Clutch42

Handicap question

I have been working hard on maintaining a legitimate handicap, no mulligans, not rolling the ball around for a better lie, but here's my question. I played a course that had aerated the greens this week, and they were terrible, putts were bouncing all over the place. Do you enter scores when...
  17. Clutch42

Work golf league

My plant manager came up to me today and wanted to know if some of the guys would be interested in a golf league at work. He's talking 9 holes once a week for a couple of months, the company will sponsor most of the cost. Has anyone been in a golf league at work? If so what kind of format did...
  18. Clutch42

Putting stance

I have always been albe to read greens fairly well but my putting stroke was inconsistent, I couldn't put 2 good rounds together because of my putting. Well about a month ago I was playing around with my stance, I always had my feet parallel to the target line, but I started using a more open...
  19. Clutch42

Great round Sunday!

This past Sunday I had one of the most enjoyble rounds I have had in a while, it wasn't my score but the fact that my son played with me. This was the first time we have been on the golf course together in 15 years. We had kinda drifted apart for a few years, we kept in touch but rarely hung out...
  20. Clutch42

Finally did it!

I signed up for some lessons! I started back playing at the end of last summer after a 10 year lay-off and have finally committed to getting better. When I started back, I wasn't playing too bad just a little rusty but lately my game has went all to pieces. Not consistent, one day I'm hooking...
Back