Search results for query: *

1. phenom4hire

Happy New year to everyone! Hoping to get back in the groove this year.

Last year was rife with challenges and changes and quite busy which didn't leave much time for my hobbies. Things have settled down and I'm hoping I can get back in the swing of things around here. I miss following along with everyone and all the events so I plan on making a concentrated effort...
  2. phenom4hire

Your "I have no money but want to keep playing golf setup"?

We always talk about our dream bag setups but I want to look at it from another perspective. If you are really low on discretionary income but don't want to get into the game what areas do you see yourself cutting back on. I don't want to give a budget but think cheap as possible? What would...
  3. phenom4hire

What is something that a playing partner/golf buddy does that irks/annoys you?

I have an older gentlemen that I play with a couple times a month normally that does two things that I laugh about but makes me cringe every time. One is he turns the head of his driver like 45 degrees closed to the ball at setup. He hits a nice little fade with it, but I had to stop watching it...
  4. phenom4hire

Question about clubfitting someone in the known may be able to answer

Curious about how clubfitters acquire their shafts, heads, etc. Do they pay individually for each shaft, adapter, head, etc? Or do they buy a clubfitting package from an OEM? Or does the OEM provide certain heads, shafts, etc for them to test with? It would seem that acquiring each piece...
  5. phenom4hire

What is a piece of equipment that you swear by?

Could be a club, range finder, ball, accessory, anything related to golf equipment that you would recommend to anyone and that you cannot see yourself not using in the foreseeable future. The 2 that come to mind for me at the moment are my nikon rangefinder and my chrome soft truvis balls. The...
  6. phenom4hire

Courses that surprised you by being better.....or worse than you had imagined

Two immediately come to mind for me. The first would be Houston G.C. formally known as Redstone. I thought it was a nice course and immaculately maintained but fairly forgettable. The second is the new course at Grand Cypress which was an awesome experience. It was so different from the pine...
  7. phenom4hire

Thinking about trying something different, could use a little advice.

So my game has been coming along really well and Im at the point I think my putter is one of the things holding me back. I tend to pull puts with this putter and even when I try to compensate for it, it doesn't always go as planned. Even though Ive practice thousands of putts from 5 ft, I don't...
  8. phenom4hire

WITB Phenom4hire

Current bag in play is: Ping G20 8.5 degree with stock stiff shaft. Bio Cell FW set to 14.5 with Graphite Design stiff shaft. (This club will be changing soon) Callaway 18 degree driving/utility iron project x 6.0 stiff flex. Wilson Staff FG M3 4-G irons with TT s300 shafts. Top Flite Tour...
  9. phenom4hire

Bad experience at the home course today

This will be a little long winded so as to include all the details. Also please feel free to point out if I acted like an idiot or making something out of nothing. The story begins at approximately 330 pm today which was the time I wrapped up my last job for the day. I haven't been able to play...
  10. phenom4hire

WTB Ping G20 or G25 fairway wood with stiff shaft

I am in the market for one of the above. Stiff or extra stiff shaft preferred but if price is right, I will go regular and swap shafts. If I can't find one of the two I may be forced to try out an XR fairway of some kind as I am really intrigued by it as well. I just can't seem to get the bio...
  11. phenom4hire

Home Course Represent

I thought this might be a fun topic to start. We could post an aerial view of our home/favorite course and discuss with each other. It would be kinda of like putting a face to a name for some of us to see where each other plays. I know I envy some of the New England guys. Those courses up there...
  12. phenom4hire

In the market for some new shoes

Okay after todays round I feel like my current shoes are hurting me a bit. After around 9 holes they are starting to hurt my feet a bit. Puma Faas Lite for those wondering. I like the way they fit but I think they are breaking down along some of the creases and putting pressure on my feet. I am...
  13. phenom4hire

Awesome Kobe/Nike video that I came across today

Nike has such great marketing.
  14. phenom4hire

Jim Furyk?

Im still catching up on the tour at the moment. In the last two or three weeks I noticed that I haven't seen Furyk's name on the leaderboard or otherwise. Did he retire last year or something?
  15. phenom4hire

Got a few gloves I'd like to give away.

Edit: I believe all are spoken for at this point. Thanks everyone. A company that I sometimes contract with was cleaning out their promotional closet and found some golf gloves that were never given away. Needless to say I procured them hoping there were a few I could use. I did find one but...
  16. phenom4hire

Moments in Golf History

If you could choose one moment in Golf history to physically witness, what would it be? I would have wanted to witness Seve win his first Masters. I always enjoy watching replay of his style of play, kinda like a gunslinger in golf. I can only imagine how amazing it would be in person.
  17. phenom4hire

Match Play Dream Team

If you had to pick a tour player as a match play partner who would you choose? I would go with DJ. Hes long off the tee and he seems to get off to a hot start so we could go deep.
  18. phenom4hire

Your job is to come up with a name for your companies new equipment.

Putter-Greenie Woods-Blue Crush Thats all I can come up with for now.
  19. phenom4hire

Shaft length

How short would I need to cut 47 inch shaft to play at 45 inches in bio cell? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  20. phenom4hire

A different side of golf equipment discussion.

Ive always been curious about behind the scenes at the major equipment companies and JB and others have more recently given the average golfer who cares a better understanding of this. We all love to speculate on the next big trends, or why this company did this or does that and it got me...
Back