Search results for query: *

1. B

My quest to build a bag of "the easiest and most forgiving clubs to hit."

I'm getting older (now 66) and my swing speed is starting to slow a bit (although right now I can still swing my driver in the low 90's). In anticipation of that I've been on a quest to put together a bag of "the easiest and most forgiving clubs to hit" even though I'm currently still playing...
  2. B

My Continued Golf Improvement

My 3 year improvement as a result of committing to ONE swing method/philosophy starting in 2021 (I got off of the merry-go-round of you tube tips and swing changes). It's my own concoction that is a combination of Julian Mellor/Larry Rinker/Manual De Le Torre (in others words, "I own my own...
  3. B

Is getting fit for new clubs as much an art as it is science? And how much do our bias/preferences effect the fitting?

Even though I'm a 9 handicap who hits the ball pretty well, I've always been about what makes the game easiest to play and helps me score the lowest. And as I age (I'm now 65 years old) and my swing slows down - I'm even more sensitive to this. So I recently decided to check out how "Super Game...
  4. B

Do any of you low to mid-handicappers use Super Game Improvement clubs?

I'm 65 yrs old. A solid 9 handicap who sneaks into the 8's occasionally. I've got reasonable length to my game (for my age...). I can carry my 7i 140 yds and my driver 210+. And at this point in my life I don't expect any major improvements in my game. I'd just like to hold on to where I'm...
  5. B

I've really got the itch to try out some Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons - and I'm a 9 handicap trending lower.

Iron play has always been the weakest part of my game. I don't hit as many GIR's as I feel I should. I don't struggle with fat shots. A few occasional "thins" I just generally don't hit my irons as solid and consistently as I'd like. I'm already playing "game improvement" irons (Callaway DCB's)...
  6. B

Nice golf courses in or around Cleveland?

My nephew, myself, and a couple of friends will be traveling to Cleveland to play some golf over a long weekend (it's the most central travel location for us). Any recommendations as to the best course or courses we might want to play?
  7. B

My Wright Balance Fitting and lesson with Larry Rinker

I had my Wright Balance fitting/lesson with Larry Rinker on Friday 3/10/23 and it was both interesting and a lot of fun. He teaches out of the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando which is an absolutely beautiful facility. My lesson went from 9 am to 12 noon. Btw - not surprisingly (to me at...
  8. B

Wow.....I've actually picked up 15 yds in distance with my new driver.....I feel like a golf Ad!

My old driver was a Taylormade M6 with a regular shaft (Fujikura xlr8 Pro, regular, 50g). New driver is a Taylormade Stealth 2 with a stiff shaft (Fujikura Ventus TR Red, stiff, 50g) Both have 10.5* loft. I was surprised I got fitted into a stiff shaft, but it appears to be working. (I actually...
  9. B

How my golf Outside Scores/Handicap compare to my Indoor Simulator Scores/Handicap

I'm a member of a golf "Digital Country Club". It's basically a golf simulator country club where the owner installed 3 state of the art simulators (AG Golf). Graphics are fantastic. Ball flight is super realistic. A great option for the winter months here in Upstate NY. Here's a quick view...
  10. B

Continued Improvement with my Julian Mellor Golf Instruction

My 2 year improvement as a result of committing to Julian Mellor golf instruction. (propergolfing.com) Courses played and their difficulty was about the same all three years (I play tees that avg 6,100 yds in length, with a 69.5 course rating - I'm 64 yrs old) Big handicap improvement from 2020...
  11. B

Teaching pro Julian Mellor (Proper Golfing.com) was fascinated with my Sidesaddle putting technique.

While I was at one of his golf schools, I did have a pretty good week putting. Ran in a long 30 footer for a birdie. Made a number of 8-12 footers to salvage par. Almost all of them it seemed while Julian was watching. So he asked if he could do a video about the technique for some of his other...
  12. B

Loved attending my first Julian Mellor "Coaching Vacation"

In another thread I posted how Julian Mellor's swing philosophy (Proper Golfing.com) helped me realize a lifelong goal of becoming a single digit handicapper (I finished last year as a 9.3) Big Improvement in My Game This Year! (at the age of 63...) | The Hackers Paradise So I was excited to...
  13. B

Latest Video of my Sidesaddle Putting Stroke

Latest video of my sidesaddle putting stroke (using my "boomerang" putting trainer). I sent it to my golf coach (Julian Mellor) for his comments/reaction. I've been slowly sending him my "indoor winter training routines" to make sure I'm practicing useful stuff and that what I'm practicing -...
  14. B

Interesting Concept for those in the Northeast: "A Simulator Country Club"

I just had an interesting experience. I live in the Northeast (Upstate NY) where the golf "off season" is about 5 months long (Nov-Mar). So if someone wants to continue golfing, other than travel - the option is usually a simulator of some sort. Well, I just got back from joining a "Simulator...
  15. B

Big Improvement in My Game This Year! (at the age of 63...)

2020: Rounds Played - 63 Average Score - 86.8 Handicap at End of Year - 12.4 Average Handicap for Season - 11.8 (take 40%, or 25 of best rounds...) Number of Times Broke 80 - 1 Percent of Rounds Under 85 - 35.8% 2021: Rounds Played - 67 Average Score - 85.0 Handicap at End of...
  16. B

My Recent Club Champion Fitting Experience - I may be getting some new clubs.....

It's been about 4 years since I bought my last set of clubs (and I typically like to do a fitting every 3-5 years to see if there's any technology worth upgrading to) And with my both my parents passing over the last year (sad, but there were many blessings too, as both were over 90 and were...
  17. B

Weirdest Shot you have ever hit?

Mine was the 3d shot on a par 5 about 20 years ago. I was long back then, but not very straight (big slicer) First shot was long, but sliced onto the adjacent fairway. I was blocked out by tall trees, so I hit my second shot down that adjacent fairway. Pounded a 3W. Straight for a change. I...
  18. B

If a weird looking swing helped you play your best golf - would you do it?

As a sidesaddle (face on) putter whose putting dramatically improved as a result.... I'm surprised at how many people tell me they wouldn't do it (or even try it) because of how it looks. Or because of the fact no one else seems to do it. I'm sure there's the same phenomena will full swing...
  19. B

Why is it so hard to be satisfied with our golf games?

I was a 20+ handicap that realized my life long goal of getting to single digits the last few years (although this summer has been tough - I'm now at 11). Yet I'm still willing to dump my swing for the latest golf guru guarantee of a better way to hit the ball. I've gone down that rabbit hole a...
  20. B

Want to swing like Bryson Dechambeau?

I just got back from a Kirk Junge, "Setup 4 Impact", 3 day school down in West Palm Beach Florida. I had a lot of fun and I found myself really striking the ball well by the end of the end of the school. Kirk is an excellent instructor and teaches a swing that has a lot of similarities to Bryson...
Back