Search results for query: *

1. Schweitzer_07

Grip Size

Question for all you knowledgable golf gurus. I recently put mid-size Golf Pride multicompound grips on my driver, 3 wood and 52*/56* wedges. I noticed the difference in size initially, but have adjusted and do not notice them to be any thicker now. My ball flight with all of the above clubs has...
  2. Schweitzer_07

The Career Change Thread

I'm sure there are those here that have considered changing careers at some point in time, but what I'm looking for is more of: a) Why did you want out of your profession? b) How did you decide what career to go into? c) How did you actually make the transition? (Assuming there are those that...
  3. Schweitzer_07

WTB: RH Iron Set/Heads

I stumbled across a great deal on a 3-PW set of KBS C-Tapers in S+ flex and now need a set of good condition iron heads to put them in. I am looking for a set configuration of something like 3-PW or 4-GW. I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money so I'd prefer just iron heads to keep the...
  4. Schweitzer_07

FS: - XL Polos, R11 Fairway,Taylormade Ghost, Srixon Z Star Driver, Shafts

First up is a Taylormade R11 4 wood (17*). It has the stock Blur 70 shaft in stiff flex, has the stock grip and comes with headcover and wrench. I used this for a couple of range sessions and 2-3 rounds. SOLD. Next item is a Taylormade Corza Ghost putter with Superstroke Fatso grip. I used this...
  5. Schweitzer_07

Razr X Tour Hybrid Deal

I thought about posting this as a 'deal of the day' but I think this is a little different situation and I wanted those interested to see this and not overlook it. It appears that shop.callawaygolf.com is offering free shaft upgrades (maybe in error?) on the Razr X Tour hybrids right now. That...
  6. Schweitzer_07

FS: Cleveland Staff Bag

Up for sale is a Cleveland Staff Bag that I used for one season. Because it is used, it comes with slight imperfections and markings (most notably in picture 2 on the white area where someone's name would be). I have tried to take good care of it and most marks would more than likely come out...
  7. Schweitzer_07

FS:Ping G15 irons w/ C-Tapers, Cleveland Mashie TM3 and M4, Scotty Cameron Squareback

This sale shall be known as the "my wife won't let me buy new clubs until the old ones are gone" sale. (All items RH) For your viewing pleasure is a set of 4-U Ping G15 irons with KBS C-Taper shafts (S Flex). They are black dot, but have been altered some. They play 1/4" over standard (38" 5...
  8. Schweitzer_07

FS: Callaway FT Tour 9.5* X-Stiff

Up for sale is a Callaway FT Tour driver, 9.5* loft, with the stock Aldila VooDoo XVS6 shaft in it. It has a new GP Multi-Compound Midsize white/black grip on it. Comes with matching headcover. The face/sole shows obvious use and it does have a couple of imperfections, all of which I have...
  9. Schweitzer_07

FS: Cleveland Mashie M2 & Cleveland Mashie M4 -- Miyazaki 59X

For sale are two Cleveland Mashie hybrids, 18* and 23*. Both were used sparingly as I get little to no range time and tried them over the course of the last couple of months. They are good clubs, but were hardly ever needed as my home course is short enough that I can go driver - short iron on...
  10. Schweitzer_07

Standard size grip vs. the midsize...

Question for all you knowledgable golf gurus. I recently put mid-size Golf Pride multicompound grips on my driver, 3 wood and 52*/56* wedges. I noticed the difference in size initially, but have adjusted and do not notice them to be any thicker now. My ball flight with all of the above clubs has...
  11. Schweitzer_07

Severe Weather

Didn't see anything posted on here so I thought I'd let everyone who is going through all of this nasty severe weather know that I'm sending my thoughts and prayers. We are about to go through our third round in the past few days here in west TN. Haven't sustained any damage personally yet but...
  12. Schweitzer_07

The "S" word

Andy, I've recently come down with the dreaded golf disease which results in my iron shots coming off of the hosel. I have never experienced it to this extent before and I can't seem to shake it. I stand over the ball and tremble at the thought of it shooting directly to my right. How do I get...
  13. Schweitzer_07

Taylormade Burner Superfast TP - Shaft?

For everyone that has tried the Superfast TP driver, what shaft did you try it with and what are your thoughts? I am looking into buying one, but the Dick's Sporting Goods where I live doesn't have any in stock and doesn't carry any X flex shafts to begin with. The shafts I've seen offered on...
  14. Schweitzer_07

Different shaft / driver combinations?

What is everyone's opinion on putting different shafts on driver heads? I like my current driver when I hit it well, but not the punishment it gives when I connect on the toe/heel (which with the lack of practice and playing I am getting, is happening far too often). I am looking at possibly...
  15. Schweitzer_07

Anyone ever considered giving up the game for financial reasons?

Just a quick question for you guys/gals. Has anyone here ever considered giving up the game for financial reasons? I had never really stopped to think about how extremely expensive golf is until I looked over the thread posted a couple days ago about how much everyone paid for all of their...
  16. Schweitzer_07

Jumbo Putter Grip

Anyone out there endorse the use of a jumbo putter grip? I am getting a little too "handsy" with my putting stroke and have been told that a bigger grip would help solve that issue. (It would also make the putter heavier, which I hope will lead to more stability?) I am more than willing to try...
  17. Schweitzer_07

WTB Cleveland Niblick 56*

Anyone have a niblick 56* they want to get rid of? If so, shoot me a PM!
  18. Schweitzer_07

Hooters Tour Qualifier

My buddy just finished 5th in a Hooters Tour qualifier in FL and got an automatic bid to 5 other tournaments. Pending his performance in those, he may get an automatic bid into the Hooters or Nationwide tour. The golf merchandise he received: 5 dozen Pro V1's, 2 dozen B330's, new Adidas golf...
  19. Schweitzer_07

Titleist Fitted Hat

Hoping someone here can help me find this exact hat somewhere so that I can buy it. I have looked on ebay and as well as I could on the various web sites google gave me, but what I am looking for is the hat pictured below. Titleist black and white fitted contrast mesh cap. I haven't been able to...
  20. Schweitzer_07

Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl vs. CG7 Tour Black Pearl

Hey guys, question here. I love the way the new black pearls look and am looking into purchasing a set. What is the main difference between the non-tour CG7 Black Pearl and the tour version? I realize the tour version is a thinner club and has less forgiveness along with decreased lofts/less...
Back