Search results for query: *

1. tdinbr

Putting Stats?

I've used GolfShot as my GPS and round scoring app for the past many years and it keeps all my stats for me. However, I'm not sure what is considered good vs bad on some of these stats. Putting for instance - for all of my rounds going back 15 years or so to when I first started I'm at 1.91...
  2. tdinbr

Ever Have Almost Half Your Score Be Putts?

I have. Shot 82 a few days ago with 40 putts. Total of 5 three putts for the round. Played a really nice course and the greens were 3 times the speed of my regular course. Was blowing it by the hole all day long. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has done this.....
  3. tdinbr

Senior Tees

So at what age and/or point is it considered OK to move up to the senior tees? I'm about to turn 56, but can still hit my drives 250-275 yds. on avg. and currently play gold tees at 6300, and occasionally the whites at 5900. Also, what is considered "senior tee yardage" on average? 5400 yds...
  4. tdinbr

Pensacola Next Week

Going to be on a family vacation in Pensacola next week and I'm bringing the sticks with me to play a round or 2. Anyone have a suggestion on best courses to play in the area? I've played Hidden Creek and Marcus Pointe before. Want to join me??
  5. tdinbr

WTB Tensei AV Raw Orange Stiff Ping Driver Shaft

Currently have the Alta CB Slate 55 in my G425 and would love to give the Raw Orange a try, but can't find one locally anywhere to try out.
  6. tdinbr

Need Help Finding a Scotty Grip

My Dad has passed down a Scotty Cameron Futura X7M (the one on the right in the pic I found online) to me, but the grip is very worn out and needs replacing. I'd like to get the original grip for it to keep it the way my Dad had it. Looked for the grip on the Scotty Cameron site, but they are...
  7. tdinbr

Scotty Cameron Putter Grips

My Dad has passed down a Scotty Cameron Futura X7M (the one on the right in the pic I found online) to me, but the grip is very worn out and needs replacing. I'd like to get the original grip for it to keep it the way my Dad had it. Looked for the grip on the Scotty Cameron site, but they are...
  8. tdinbr

Flat Setting On Adjustable Clubs?

What does it mean? Who is it for? Is Neutral setting not quite good enough?? Please enlighten me, as I haven't a clue, and I trust this board more than random YouTube videos I could look up and waste time watching.
  9. tdinbr

Do You Like A Different Grip Size For Your Wedges?

I have a spare 58 degree wedge with a mid size grip on it that I use to chip plastic golf balls in the back yard, along with my other wedges I normally play that have a standard size grip. I'm starting to like the way the bigger grip keeps me from being too "handsy" in chip/pitch shots, but I...
  10. tdinbr

When is a sand wedge not a sand wedge??

Went and visited my Dad last week and got to play a couple of rounds with him and my uncle. Was telling my Dad how much I struggle with bunker shots and he takes a look at my sand wedge and tells me "That's not a sand wedge". I have a TM XFt 58 degree with an 8 bounce that I "thought" was my...
  11. tdinbr

Driver dilemma- distance vs accuracy?

A few weeks ago I developed a long crack where the face of my Mizuno JPX-800 driver is attached to the head. Contacted Mizuno and they asked me to send it in to them to see if I can have it replaced under warranty. Great customer service by the way. Had to go back to my old driver, 9.0 degree...
  12. tdinbr

Fairway Bunkers - How Do You Score Them?

I have been using GolfShot and Oob Golf to track my scores for quite some time and have been wondering about a scoring issue that comes up often. Question: When you hit your tee shot into a fairway bunker, have you hit the fairway? Reason for asking: On the GolfShot scoring screen there are...
  13. tdinbr

Mizuno makes golf balls??

Played in a charity scramble tournament a few weeks ago and one of our foursome was playing a Mizuno golf ball. I had no idea that Mizuno even made balls! He said he got them off of eBay. I checked one out while we were on a green and it looked to be a very nice ball. Didn't get a chance to hit...
  14. tdinbr

Flashing on the course? Was there money on the line??

http://news.yahoo.com/women-accused-flashing-illinois-golf-course-134039903.html Any THP'ers happen to be at the Woodlands GC yesterday??
  15. tdinbr

Gators Fighting On The Tee Box

My Dad sent me this yesterday. Amazing video taken at The Eagle's GC in Tampa, FL. http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=31996
  16. tdinbr

How Cool Is Bubba?

Check this out! http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/caps-moments/201204/bubba-watson-masters-green-jacket-replica-infant-son-caleb
  17. tdinbr

Swing Speed - Irons or Driver?

Question: When you hear about a ball being best for certain swing speeds, which swing speed are they referring to, your irons or driver? This occurred to me when I was hitting in a demo bay last week. My irons swing speed is 85-90 while my driver speed is 104 - 106. That's a pretty big...
  18. tdinbr

Standing Too Far Away From The Ball With My Wedges - A Cure?

Went to the range yesterday wanting to work on just one swing thought for the day - getting a proper weight shift to my left side with all of my clubs and holding my finish (I guess that's two thoughts but they go together). When I was getting my range balls I saw a roll of Mizuno impact tape...
  19. tdinbr

Rachel Connor DUI with Eddie George in the passenger seat??

Just saw this on Yahoo. Not too famililiar with her but I definitely know who Eddie George is! That's some age difference, eh? http://www.inquisitr.com/202445/golfer-rachel-connor-arrested-for-dui/
  20. tdinbr

Ever have one of "those" range sessions??

Went to the range last Sunday and was blasting my driver long and straight. Incredibly straight as a matter of fact, as in 9 out of 10 right down the pipe with a beautiful trajectory. Back to the range last night and 1 out of 10 is straight and the remaining 9 are a combination of pulls, hooks...
Back